By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for fatboy

Here is a list of all the postings fatboy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: competition piece
19/09/2011 19:59:25
that is a beautiful piece of work sam, absolutely amazing colouring, very impressive
Thread: Woodturning clubs/groups in Ayrshire
19/09/2011 12:43:37
i will put up something on facebook and see if theres anyone i know thats interested
Thread: first Laburnum bowl
17/09/2011 22:49:55
thats a braw wee bowl, lovely grain to it, what are you going to do with it?
Thread: Holly logs
17/09/2011 15:41:07
i am likewise too far for a delivery run, however if you are able to make a plank of some description of either or both i would be interested in purchasing a bit for a postal delivery if that helps
Thread: what wood is this?
15/09/2011 23:43:55
yeah definitely maple, that is some beautiful rippling, what are your plans for it?
Thread: Woodturning clubs/groups in Ayrshire
15/09/2011 18:13:52
i wid be interested gerry as i live in ballantrae so girvan is a short hop on the bus for me
Thread: Newbie getting better
15/09/2011 12:19:09
i really like the goblet gerry, and i think the slight distortion just makes it a bit quirky and gives it character, you say you live on lairded land what region do you live in?
Thread: Oak units
13/09/2011 03:46:27
looking good so far mailee, its a shame you dont fish as all those oak shavings would be great for smoking some salmon or trout
Thread: Princess Beatrice Royal Wedding Fascinator Chair
12/09/2011 01:46:37
all i can say is wow! woodbridge (can i call you woody) that is a lovely piece of work, was the back piece made from a single piece of wood? you have achieved an amazing finish, the whole thing almost looks moulded, when i first saw that hat i printed a picture for my inspiration folder because i thought that it would make a lovely frame for a mirror, a chair back didnt even occur to me, as a matter of interest, where did you source your walnut for your maloof chair? i have been trying to source some nice walnut for a project of my own but have not been having much luck so far,
Thread: trying to identify a wood
12/09/2011 01:32:29
hi guys, a friend of mine was recently clearing his deceased fathers shed out and came across a piece of wood that neither he or myself can identify, i am hoping to add a foto at some point but for now all i can do is describe it, henrys dad said it came from africa it has a dense interlocking grain and no discernable sapwood, the most startling thing about it is the colour, it is a lovely mid to dark green, henrys dad used to make a lot of musical instrument parts, (chanters and clarinets etc) so it may be a wood specific to that kind of manufacturing, i have only seen a green piece of timber once before and that was a strange piece of mahogany that i never saw again, so does anyone have any ideas? i want to find out about it as i want to give henry a fair price for it.
Thread: Brush with disaster! (not for the squeemish)
10/09/2011 08:47:27
eeeeew, dreeew! i wish i had not just had my breakfast! that looks f***in painful, makes me shiver, just looking at it
09/09/2011 21:30:26
oof! looks nippy mailee, get well soon mate
Thread: More shabby work
04/09/2011 04:25:45
alan is right mailee, you make my work ethic look positively sluggish
Thread: my first attempt at carving.
12/08/2011 19:26:14
thats looking good dennis, i didnt try anything so complex for my first carving i just did some simple lettering, well done mate
Thread: Dumper truck
05/08/2011 02:55:59
beautiful piece of work, makes me think longingly of my childhood tonka toys
Thread: What are good starting tools?
03/08/2011 16:56:49
this is the first time i have heard of bench dogs and it has decided me that when i make the new shed i will include a bench with vices on the ends instead of my current built in style, they seem like a jolly clever idea, although with my carving pieces right now i have some random one inch holes in my work surface that i put oak dowels in so i can push the piece up against when working with the chisel so it doesn't skitter away when you smack it
Thread: House Nameplate
03/08/2011 09:56:58
nice piece of work cedric (even though routers be the work of satan) its a nice colour you have acheived, is it a piece of oak?
Thread: Devil gate drive!
01/08/2011 23:30:08
cracking job mailee, its a shame youre no closer tae me i wid have a couple of similar commissions for you!
Thread: Recycled
01/08/2011 23:27:00
that is a cracking piece of work paul, i think the proportions are lovely, does it need to be fixed to the wall or will it be freestanding? what kind of wood do you reckon it is? what kind of polish are you going to apply? hope you put up a finished pic
Thread: My new baby.....the world is now my oyster!
30/07/2011 16:16:03
congrats mailee! you can paint me green with jealousy!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact