By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ralph Harvey

Here is a list of all the postings Ralph Harvey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Introduction - recent new member.
06/03/2010 19:36:10
Mick

Dito to all the above, i like your turning some impresive work there, look forward to the "flat stuff" ? got me intreegued

Ralph
Thread: Ralph's Desk Pen and Pad
06/03/2010 19:32:27
No Problem Marc

I will even give you a better description to go with the pictures,

Ralph
Thread: how can i make uniform diametre ends to coppiced poles?
05/03/2010 23:06:21
Welcome Daniel

Sounds like an interesting project, the sort of tool you want is a dowel reemer if that is what they are called it is a 2 handed tool you wind on to a piece of timber to cut dowels with, i will see if i can find a picture.

Good luck with the project and let us see it when done or even as you do it.

Ralph
05/03/2010 23:01:28
Very close Richard,

There is only one piece at a time but the "boat shaped" piece is fixed to an MDF backplate with a scrap section to make up the whole diameter, then as you say reverse it to turn the opposit edge.

If you do 2 at a time it will work but they are often too long and thin to get the size for a post it pad.

Ralph
Thread: Get Woodworking Live! Who will be there....?
05/03/2010 19:19:53
Marc

Thursday ? i thought it was Friday to Sunday. ? I will be there Friday and Sunday anyway

Ralph
Thread: Dennis's Ash bowl
04/03/2010 20:17:29
Dennis

Very nice bowl, white ash is something i have always liked but not often got !

A tip for the photography, drape the curtain over the box, it will make a great backdrop.

Ralph
04/03/2010 20:13:20
Thanks Alan

Yes it was all turned on the lathe, no routers used

Ralph
Thread: Super Glue
04/03/2010 20:10:42
Derek

I like some have suggested think you should be fine using super glue with a dust mask, the trouble you are experiencing is because you are not using it as it was designed so there will be no relevent health warning,

Just keep your work area well ventelated and wear a mask, failing that just check at your docs, better safe than sorry

Ralph
04/03/2010 18:33:56
Thanks Guys

It was an experiment, i wanted to buy a trumpet pen but couldnt find one i liked so i made one instead, the base was a break from the competition work, still have one to finish, ( well start actually,) so yes to the "how to", but after the show.

Ralph
Thread: Garfields Bowl
03/03/2010 23:34:11
Garefield

There are some very nice pieces in your album, i realy like some of the square edge work, but this piece is a stunning piece of wood. What is it ?

Ralph
Thread: Air drven piercing tools
03/03/2010 10:16:18
Dave

I have a smallish compressor that sits under my bench most of the time, i only use it for the nail gun, i keep meaning to look at other tools for it but just havn't got round to it.

When i need it i wouldnt be without it ! just one thing though if you can set it up outside the workshop that is a good, idea mine is very noisy !

Ralph
Thread: Reg Sherwin
28/02/2010 20:10:53
Reg

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, let us see your workshop when you get it set up, i am intreegued on how people set up there workshops, it often gives an insight to adjustments i can make to mine.

Ralph
Thread: Tony's Indian Chief
28/02/2010 14:57:33
Tony

You are more than a great woodworker, you are a great artist too, brilliant work

Ralph
Thread: Sparky's been framed.
27/02/2010 22:07:10
Marc

All done by router, cracking job, i assumed they were converted dado rails, i take my hat off to you mate.

Ralph
Thread: It is off topic, but......
27/02/2010 22:03:33
Well i think they are all prety dumb,

Mind you i bought a lottery scratch  card last week and won a fiver, then threw the card away with some rubbish in the car.  so that makes me a bit foolish as well i suppose.

Ralph
Thread: Clock
25/02/2010 23:30:31
Very nice piece of wood Sam

I have often looked at the African Blackwood at my local suppliers, a tad too expensive for me, very nice of someone to give it to you.

I like the idea but i must agree with Marc about the choice of contrast timber, sorry

Well done for a great idea though look forward to your next project.

Ralph
Thread: good luck for the comp
23/02/2010 19:29:10
George

I know what the confusion is all about, i am not sure myself, the form says you must send the entry form to Getwoodworking Live at My Hobbystores address in Kent.

I sent a message to Clare Hiscock but she must be busy because it hasnt been read yet.

Anyone else know ?

Ralph
21/02/2010 22:58:24
Best wishes for your Op and a speedy recovery Ian

I am sure someone on the site will post pictures of the wining pieces, and i too would like to wish good luck to all entering,

Ralph
Thread: Vanity unit
18/02/2010 23:30:15
I agree Mailee

A very nice job indeed, how do you clearcoat your work, do you have a spray gun ?

Ralph
Thread: Spalted Beech Bowl
18/02/2010 23:23:18
Either that or i am not taking enough ?

Ralph
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Triton
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact