By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ralph Harvey

Here is a list of all the postings Ralph Harvey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Bargain Glue Gun
03/04/2010 00:43:58
Normaly i would agree and i wont usually buy extended waranties or insurances but the way i treat my glue guns is not realy fit for purpose i will post some pictures of the "dead" ones they are not nice.

I accept that they are only good for 6 months and i am more than happy with what they do for me, and as i say i cant realy manage without one, the last week waiting for the funds to find its way into my bank has been a nightmare and i havnt managed to do anything out there so i dont mind buying them,

The fact that it has only cost me £3 for the next 3 years couldl save me about £50 or about the cost of another 5 glue guns so in this case i am happy to pay it.

Ralph
02/04/2010 12:05:26
I have just had to replace my glue gun again !

Trouble is i turn it on when i go in the shed and off if i remember when i go out ? in fact there is very little turning i do without my glue gun.

So i trawled the internet for the best value without spending too much because it will wear out in another 6 months and i dont want to spend too little because it probably wouldnt last 6 months !

Eventually i found a Stanley glue gun in Homebase for around £10.50 ish but thats not the bargain. For a small payment of £3 it is covered to be replaced free for 3 years !!! Bargain...

I even explained how i am not the best at looking after it and often leave it on all day, i even said that i do go through them every 6 - 8 months because of what i do, and this i was told " is exactly why i should spend the £3 ! "

Ralph
Thread: Yandles Show
30/03/2010 23:52:00
Sam 

I  will be going i think not sure which day though ? be interested to see how the changes will go.

Ralph
Thread: AUCTION!!!!!!!
29/03/2010 22:42:57
Why is the pierced lidded pot Lid-less ?

Surely you cant sell half a piece, if there is no lid i will put in a different piece. !

Ralph
29/03/2010 22:21:05
Item Lidded Pot with Pewter leaf
Bid £5

Ralph
Thread: Alan's comp entry.
26/03/2010 22:27:31
Its a cracking piece Alan

There is a real skill to what you are doing there and you do it really well ! very nice

Ralph
Thread: I'm a winner in the Festool competition!!!
24/03/2010 23:49:01
DT

Congratulations on your win, green with envy but glad to hear it will be of use and look forward to seeing some projects (and a clean shed) with it.

Ralph
Thread: Elm Bowl
24/03/2010 23:41:15
Ben

a very nice shape bowl and looks well turned too, i like the detail under the foot will make a great fruit bowl.

Ralph
Thread: Ralphs' clock
24/03/2010 23:38:46
Thanks Sam

The wife has a request for another one bit different again, a minature long case clock about 18" tall, and all turned. ! should be fun.

Hope to get some wood at Yandles show next month and give it a go.

Ralph
Thread: Push Latches
24/03/2010 23:34:11
Thanks Guys

Sorry it took so long to get back been sorting out the kids even at 20 they still want you to run around after them ?

I am trying to turn a jewelry box, it hasa drawer in the bottom and just to be diferent i want to leave off the handles so a little push latch one that springs open when you push it is ideal, trouble is the only one i have is nearly 2" round so i was hoping to get a small barrel shape one ?

One of the links Richard left shows what will probably do the job just need to find out the price and delivery details.

Ralph
Thread: Goblet
24/03/2010 23:28:07
Hi ben

Very nice goblet looks well turned, hope you dont mind me saying,  it looks like the base might be a bit small but that could be the perspective of the photo, lovely bright timber.

Ralph
Thread: Ron's ebonised clock
24/03/2010 23:22:35
Just seen the othere thread, completely agree Ron very nice grain

Cracking job.

Ralph
Thread: ebonised clock
24/03/2010 23:19:49
I agree Ron

Very nice grain the staining has picked it out a  treat.

Ralph
Thread: Push Latches
21/03/2010 22:48:54
Anyone known where i can get a small barrel push latch, i need something that will conseal in a drilled hole, all the ones i have found screw to the outside and are visibloe.

Also it needs to be as small as possible certainly no bigger than 10 - 12mm diameter and preferably no longer than 20 - 25mm.

Tall order ? any help very much apreaceated.

Ralph
Thread: Ralph's Pierced Lidded Pot
18/03/2010 23:44:41
Thanks Dennis

The glue gun is a very underrated tool for us turners, but it is supprisingly helpful, just dont over apply it or you will have more work getting it off after, try it out on scrap wood first to get an idea of what is needed.

Look forward to the end results

Ralph
Thread: Hi, I'm a newby
18/03/2010 23:41:02
Marc

I am glad you pointed that one out , i have never noticed the "message member" bit down there before  note to self, Must pay more attention !!!!

Ralph
Thread: Ralph's Pierced Lidded Pot
18/03/2010 00:02:31
Thanks Derek

Look forward to the ideas when they are done.

Ralph
Thread: Richard's competition entry
17/03/2010 11:46:39
My appologies Richard

I think it is even better now i have a better view of it, i really like the other stuff in your album too, where do you get your ideas from ? it is a style i would like to try one day the shapes are stunning.

Ralph
Thread: Ralphs' clock
17/03/2010 11:43:51
Thanks Alan

I am already planning the next one, just a couple of snags to overcome first.

Ralph
Thread: VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT TO WIN THE UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE
17/03/2010 11:41:14
Well i voted for "C" and my wife agrees with me, sadly she cant vote but well done to them anyway.!

Ralph
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact