By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ralph Harvey

Here is a list of all the postings Ralph Harvey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Iceland
17/04/2010 20:23:07
I was quite supprised when i went to Iceland earlier,...... not as dusty as i thought ?

Ralph
Thread: Ralph's Trinket Box
17/04/2010 20:18:45
Thanks guys

I havnt got mine yet probably Monday, it usualy is, will have a look when it comes.

Ralph
Thread: photo frames
16/04/2010 23:26:25
Robert

Thesed look good i like the the birds in the corner, a nice finishing touch.

Ralph
Thread: The Southampton Tool Show
16/04/2010 23:23:18
I Will have to talk nicely to the better half, see if i can get there, well Marwel is just down the road so that should suit all.

Ralph
Thread: Practical woodworking
16/04/2010 23:19:00
Marc

I havn't got my copy yet either but i think i will tommorow !

Ralph
Thread: Eggstra special
14/04/2010 22:32:56
Thanks for that Ron

Look forward to some of Micks work lets hope he will show some to us, he sounds and looks prety good

Ralph
Thread: A wonderful donation
14/04/2010 22:30:44
Thats great Ron

Have had a go on the Tyme Cub before i borrowed one from Dave Roberts to do a small demo a while back, it is a very nice lathe i am sure you will get some great use out of it.

Is it for your club to use or for visiting demonstrators ? either way look forward to more pictures of work produced by your club.

Ralph
Thread: truck
14/04/2010 22:22:14
Robert

You have a real tallent with that scroll saw, how big is this one ? what have you got planed for the next project or have you already started ?

Ralph

Edited By Ralph Harvey on 14/04/2010 22:22:49

Thread: mice on cheese
14/04/2010 22:19:46
Robert

Very nice, Where did you get the idea from ? it looks great

Ralph
Thread: Eggstra special
13/04/2010 22:55:25
Ron

They all look like some cracking pieces (no pun intended) The winning piece is it the one  on the right or the hinged one at the back ?

Some great pieces and i am glad to see your club is off to a flying start.

Ralph,
Thread: AUCTION!!!!!!!
13/04/2010 22:51:45
Completely agree Alan

I think we should do this sort of thing more often, i would be happy to donate more work rather than let it gather dust here or just give it to family. especially if it would help charities.!

Ralph
Thread: Invesment opportunity
12/04/2010 22:48:06
Ron

I would pick something a bit quicker to grow, I always used to have a Eucaliptus tree in my garden, 5 - 8 years and you would have a trunk about 8 - 10" diameter 4 - 5'  long !

Or a Cornish palm will grow quite well too, never got round to cutting that one down befor i moved, would love to get hold of some it has a very striking grain !

Just need to water and stop the better half pinching out the top "so it wont grow too tall"  She prefers a shorter more bushy tree.

Ralph
Thread: Alan's chair
08/04/2010 23:35:12
It is just so unusual i like it,

Nice to see something completelly different !

Ralph
Thread: AUCTION!!!!!!!
08/04/2010 23:31:18
Looking at the thread it looks like i was "Gazumped" would be good to see a list of the winning bids ?

Ralph
Thread: Little table / plant stand
08/04/2010 23:28:58
This is really nice can you tell us more about it ?

Sorry i dont know what to call it but i would guess it would fit a wide veriety of uses,

Great design, looks like Elm ? maybe,

Ralph
Thread: Bargain Glue Gun
06/04/2010 22:41:09
Thanks George

I have considered a couple of the more expensive ones, but I am a little bit stuck when it comes to the cost of what i buy, ( there never seems to be enough ) and wood is often at the top of the finance list.

Funny you say that about the glue sticks i thought they only came in 2 sizes but they do seem a little looser in one gun than the other but both take the 11mm stick ?

should be out there at the end of the week if nothing else crops up so will let you know how it works.

Thread: dennis's segmented turning's
04/04/2010 23:16:27
Dennis

Thats the way to do it, if you can get the wood prepared ready for you thats half the battle won, and you are doing a great job with the other half !

Mind if i point out one thing that will improve your work ? try to line the segments up top to bottom when gluing them up, and talking of gluing them up i like your jig you have in your album, briliant idea there

Ralph
Thread: Segmented Bowl By Dennis
04/04/2010 23:11:44
Very nice Dennis

Some great colour in the bowl and a good finish to it too, well done

Ralph
Thread: Bargain Glue Gun
04/04/2010 23:07:15
Yes Marc

Thats the one i have, i had one before that did that too a Lidle one & its painfull when you get burnt by the glue especially trying to get it off,  still like you say i can always get a replacement if it goes wrong ?

I was down your way today, well near, spent the day at Marwell Zoo Photographing the animals, its amazing how much wood is wasted at the zoo, some realy nice burrs just sitting in the pens so the animals can scratch there claws ? waste really.

Ralph
03/04/2010 22:49:41
Lets hope so George,

At least the glue gun looks a good value tool this time will see next week how it works, its got a duel heat control on it but i expect it will be on the hot setting for all i do with it, and  it gets up to temperature in about 3 - 5 minutes apparently, so thats quite good too.

Ralph
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact