By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ralph Harvey

Here is a list of all the postings Ralph Harvey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: img079.jpg
23/04/2008 22:41:00

No not real ivory ! as Baz says it is the timber "Pink Ivory"

Only a small piece, can't afford too much of it

Thread: Imagine you could only have one...
23/04/2008 22:26:00

I can tell you are all dedicated "woodworkers" mine woud be my lathe,

Hand tools can do most things but i don't fancy trying to turn without the motor !

Thread: how to shrink pics
23/04/2008 21:52:00
Thanks for the tip ! Just downloaded the Image resizer works great.
Thread: Welcome to the turning section
22/04/2008 20:44:00
Sorry just seen the date on the forum point didnt realise it was about the article just finished in Good Woodworking never the less i still think it would be a good start for another reader,
22/04/2008 20:40:00

Andy King

I think it is a great thing for any turner to get the type of start Dave can offer, i know because he tought me the basics many years ago. but i think rather than going through the employees of your magazine why not offer it to a reader who could benefit from this type of a start.

Never the less good luck it's quite an experiance that will never leave you !

Thread: Can Anyone Help
21/04/2008 21:10:00

Thanks for the suggestions, I am enjoying getting back into it and will upload some images of my new work soon i am keen on turning lattices as this was and always has been  one of my favorout styles however i need more practice to become steadier with my hands, 

I am still having great fun trying !

20/04/2008 23:26:00

I have been unable to do any turning for the last 8 years due to ill health, but have recently decided to dust off the lathe and give it another go.

My problem is it has all changed so much,! The last time i was turning the Big London Show was Wembely, There were 2 dedicated Woodturning magazines and you could still get "Practicle Woodworking" 

Stewart Mortimer & Stephen Cooper were judges in competitions and Dave Roberts was still entering them, ?

The Best Holowing tool was the Excocet and runner up was the Mighty Midget, now there seem to be loads of them, I dont know what to use, Oh and the only vacume in my workshop was the Hoover!!

Can anyone please help me and tell me the highlites of what i have missed ?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact