By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Liz T

Here is a list of all the postings Liz T has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: spindle threads
23/09/2010 12:16:03
Thank you all for your very warm welcome. I'm pretty much decided on the supernova, now all i need are some tips on how to extract a credit card out of my husbands wallet!
Any ideas?
Liz
21/09/2010 11:55:55
Wow, thanks guys! Definately a K series! I think the bigger one though, must measure it to be sure. I'll check out the nova chucks, and then get on to making some works of art! Just a couple more things........ are chucks better than face plates? and what size face plate would be the smallest I could get away with?
Oh and while I'm at it.... if the pulley belt ever breaks, are they easily sourced?
Thanks muchly!!
Liz
20/09/2010 16:03:20
Hopefully someone with a bit more experience than me can tell me why there are so many different spindle threads.
Through an inheritance I have acquired an Arundel K series lathe (at least  I think it''s a K series) and then through trawling around on the web I think I''ve established that it has a 24 x 3mm spindle thread. The next stage was to purchase the means for bowl turning. (face plate or chuck?)
but.............. they don''t seem to have the right threads on them. I apologise for my complete ignorance on such topics, but I''m a newbie on the lathe, although have managed a between centres piece. (sort of ). Do I have to get an adapter to, say, convert it to a 3/4in x16tpi? Which by my maths, probably wouldn''t work. Do I get rid of the lathe and buy a "normal" one? or do I give up on my dreams of making bowls for the family Christmas presents?
Please help!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact