By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Home made tool rest
21/02/2011 19:15:33
Tidy job there Bill that's one of the jobs on my to do list whats the dimentions of the nest
thanks Paul
Thread: ash bowl
21/02/2011 19:04:31
that's lovely Dennis it's amazing what you can bring out of wood when you start turning it.
you say you filled it with ca and dust do you mix it to a paste fill the crack wait till it dries and re turn it.

Thanks Paul
Thread: Eric`s latest
20/02/2011 17:22:30
What a interesting read well done on the end result as they patience is a virtue.

Paul
Thread: Hawthorn pen.
20/02/2011 17:12:27
That's lovely Bill I think I need to go to spec savers because I cant see the sanding rings,
I like the way you took the pic laying on the bark well done.

Paul.
Thread: club compertition entry
16/02/2011 16:25:04
Fairplay Dennis that is excelent and as the other said 6 hours credit to you. What finish did you use thanks Paul.
Thread: Goblets
14/02/2011 17:23:01
Thankyou for all your comments, Hi ron the was a lovely fresh sweet aroma if that makes sense I used to cut down trees for a living and when i cut down eucalytus I would save the leafs and put them on the BBQ after all the cooking was done lovely aroma.

Paul.
13/02/2011 19:05:12
As I said Bill its the first time Iv'e used it and like you I love it.

Paul.
13/02/2011 19:03:08
Hi Fatboy, thanks for your comments it was lovely to turn, I think it would be ok but Im a novice so you be better off asking other forum members

Paul.
13/02/2011 18:34:41
Hi Dennis, I sanded them down to 4oo grit, used 2 coats of sand and sealer and carnauba wax which was the first time iv'e used it and well happy.
13/02/2011 17:59:08
Went to our monthly club meeting on wednesday and won two pieces of eucalyptus in the raffle not knowing what to make with it I took the advise of a club member and made two small goblets.

The goblet on the right is 5mm shorter than the other due to a catch,
Thread: Sharpening system
03/02/2011 18:32:45
Thankyou Delwwod for putting up your pictures you have giving me something to think about thanks.

Paul.
Thread: segmented vase
28/01/2011 20:43:30
Well done Dennis that's finish is top notch.
26/01/2011 20:28:14
Excelent work dennis looking at the quality of your vase it's incredible youv'e only taken 26hrs, what finish will you put on it.

Paul.
Thread: what's your favorite finish
26/01/2011 18:03:36
Thankyou you all for your reply's I will give friction polish carnaba on my next projects.

Paul.
25/01/2011 20:09:28
Hello all, Im new to wood turning and up to now all my turnings are finished to 400 grit sand and seal and the I use a clear wax which gives me a finish Im happy with, i have done a bit of reading on he subject so would like to know what is your favorite.

Regards Paul.
Thread: My first clock
24/01/2011 20:31:01
Thanks George, well spotted on the spelling will have to have the dictionary with me next time. PS but I did spell anniversary right LOL

Paul.
24/01/2011 18:08:50
Thank's for all your comments this has given me a big boost, Ron the clock is for my mother inlaws 42nd weeding anniversary, and to Simon the finish is sanded to 400 grit sand and seal and then clear wax was used.
When I put the clock insert in I noticed the minute hand was not working well gutted I emailed Meantime- Design on saturday to inform them and recived a email today from them with a apology and to say they have posted 2 clocks out to me free of charge to compensate now that is first class after sales.
Thread: Just playing with shapes
23/01/2011 18:54:41
Posted by BillW on 23/01/2011 16:50:51:
I don't think I have that much "Time" especially when Paul Johnson 2 makes a Time Piece, I think he's rubbing salt in the wound ,, see his post.

Bill
Hi Bill, I'm not rubbing salt in the wound it's people like you and other forum members that give me the Ideas tips and advice to go up the shed and practice and pratice and one day it falls into place and as you can see I aint got the best kit but it got me started on a budget.
I went up the shed today with the idea of making a goblet I couldnt get to grips with it chucked it in the bin spat the dummy out and closed the shed door but I will return.

Paul

Thread: My first clock
23/01/2011 18:39:35
Thanks for your comments, Per I used oak as the main components and mahogany for the spindels, I agree with Bill and Derek on equipment but I started at the bottom so their is only one way and that is up now I got the bug.

Cheer's Paul.
23/01/2011 17:08:28
Thankyou sparky.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact