By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: sand paper
06/04/2011 20:24:13
Well just came down from the shed used the abranet for the first time and i got to say it is first class, went through all the grits and finished the sanding alot quicker than the other stuff i was using and as other have said it is clog free well happy.
Thread: segmented bowl
04/04/2011 21:19:55
Well Dennis, i think its fair to say you got the knack of segment turning excellent work as always look forward to the demmo piece.

Paul.
Thread: what a find
04/04/2011 21:15:48
Hi George, yes i did contact them im waiting for them to email me back as you say about the way it is hung maybe just a mith? . talking to the father inlaw he was saying there was a programme on the other week about people putting horse shoes and coins in sappling as a good luck thing who knows.

Paul.
Thread: Eucalyptus Burr Box
03/04/2011 19:54:51
Very nice indeed Derek I like the shape what finish did you use.

thanks Paul.
Thread: sand paper
02/04/2011 18:26:23
I took delivery of my sand paper today I went for Abranet I bought a mixed box 50 sheets 120,180,240,320,400 grit for £15.75. will give you my thoughts when i use it on my next project Table Lamp.

Paul..
02/04/2011 18:09:11
Thankyou Bill for your help, I been looking on the net for info and like your neighbour said i think it was done for decorative purposes. I will mount it on a plaque and put it above the shed door.

Paul..
02/04/2011 15:34:50
the shoe must of been embedded in it some how no nails I been searching the net but no look up to now.

Paul.
Thread: Pen for me
01/04/2011 19:27:35
The pen bug must be in the air look forward to the pic's Bill, I will have to do some re search on it and maybe have a go myself.

Paul..
Thread: corian pens
01/04/2011 19:22:02
as alway's Dennis first class, i dont wont to sound dull is corian a wood

Paul.
01/04/2011 19:15:35
thanks for your replys, Bill cross hands is about 50 miles from where i live its between carmathen and swansea in wales. speaking to the property owner they have lived thier for 40 years and the tree was well established when they moved in.

Paul..
31/03/2011 20:36:36
thanks Bill it would be nice if i could get some info on it im going to speak to the owner of the property see what comes up.

Paul.
Thread: truck and excavator
31/03/2011 20:16:11
Well done Robert i like it a lot it's something i've never done myself how long did it take you to make.

Paul.
31/03/2011 20:11:45
here are the pic's my son took the with his mobile.

31/03/2011 19:42:34
Last week i had a phone call from my uncle who is a landscape gerdener to say he was cutting down a ash tree and did i what some happy days, along side the ash tree was a pine tree ready to be felled and the wood going to my brother for the wood burner everyone happy. Today my brother came into work and said to me he was chopping the wood last night and as he went down with the axe he felt a thud first thing he thought was a nail in the tree how wrong was he, on further inspection he could see some brass so he chopped a way to his amazement he exsposed a brass horse shoe which was engraved with the name J B Roberts A.F.L.C Cross Hands. He gave it to me as good luck charm or should i say no luck charm thinking to myself right take some photos to put on the forum guess what the PC blew up gutted so im on my son's laptop so when i get it fixed i will put up some Pic's hope this is some interest to you.
PS he counted the rings of the tree and their was 62 rings.
Paul
Thread: Pedestal Table
30/03/2011 18:12:17
Thankyou for your replys as alway's the wood is a light oak thanks to our local joiner who im sad to say is retiring so the end of my off cuts from him. The finish was sanded to 400 grit two coats of sand another rub with 400 then two coats of wax. I got to practice on the photo's as mine dont seem to do my turnings justice.

Thanks Paul.
Thread: Fun with these doors!
30/03/2011 18:04:01
Fair play mailee you got the match perfect and as for the colour spot on in my eyes.
Thread: Pauls table
30/03/2011 17:59:40
Dennis thanks for starting a thread on the table you got a valid point on the depth of the coves something i will take onboard as always do with all the comments i recive from this forum and members, and yes you are right it is oak. Fatboy to be honest the hieght is what i wanted but the diameter 91/2'' is the biggest i can turn on my lathe.
Thread: Pedestal Table
29/03/2011 22:04:47
I managed to finish my recent project tonight I think they call it a pedestal table height 25'' width 91/2'' the maximum i can turn on my lathe. The reason behind this project is the coffee table was replaced with a side board unit to put my wood turnings so had to make something for my better half to put her coffee on.

Thread: Square Bowl
28/03/2011 19:25:08
Thats spot on Derek I like this one a lot, Pitty you couldnt get a ceramic one like that somewhere to put the bread and butter, i like how thin you have gone with it well done.

Paul.
Thread: clan crest beginning
26/03/2011 18:33:48
I must say im impressed already keep us updated i look forward to the next pics well done.
paul.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Craft Supplies
Triton
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact