By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Fame at last
26/04/2011 20:22:47
well done Derek hopefully collect my copy tomorrow and have a good old read.
Thread: Advice Needed
25/04/2011 09:26:34
George and Bill thanks for the info this is all new to me so best do some home work before i jump in the deep end.

thanks Paul.
Thread: mini lathe
25/04/2011 09:19:06
Hi T , I borrowed the AWVSL lathe from our club and got to say i was that impressed i bought my own,Like other's have said it got its limits to the size you can turn my previous lathe was a cheap clarke just to get me started at the time but like all hobbies when you get hooked you alway's wont better.

Paul.
Thread: segmented oak bowl
25/04/2011 09:07:15
hi Dennis, the joints look good to me perfect as usual what wood is it and finish.
cant wait to get back in the shed i been busy laying turf and paths in the garden nearly finished then its shed time.

thanks Paul.
Thread: Advice Needed
24/04/2011 20:06:59
It's me again I just bought a Axeminster AWVSL lathe which im very happy with, I wont to buy a morse taper and drill chuck for it Iv'e looked at axeminster site which sells them the problem I got is I dont know which is best suited to me that's where my fellow turners come in. The things im looking to do are drill are light pulls, and maybe the centre of spindles for lamps. All advice welcomed

Paul..
Thread: New to site just saying hello
19/04/2011 19:24:49
hello Tanz, welcome to the forum Iv'e only been a member for a few months and I got to say the fella's on here are a friendly lot alway's willing to help out with any questions you got. You mentioned you are looking for a lathe the one Derek give you the link to is a very nice lathe, Iv'e just borrowed the same lathe from the club im in and was so pleased with it Iv'e just ordered one. As derek said it has got its limits hope this helps you a bit.

Paul..
Thread: Ready for summer
16/04/2011 21:18:29
very nice indeed Maliee you will have to show us the finished results.

Paul.
Thread: Club Lathe
15/04/2011 20:00:41
I went to my club meeting last night and had the pleasure of borrowing one off the club lathes a AXMINSTER AWVSL. I tried it out tonight and got to say well impressed a lot better than my cheap clarke varible speed top notch and a lot quieter. What your opinions thanks.

Paul..
Thread: New Turner on the Block!
13/04/2011 16:49:19
thank's Dennis that's another tip from you that's the beauty of this forum every time I log on I learn something.

Tahnks Paul.
12/04/2011 20:35:15
Dennis, I hope this dont sound a silly question you say denib with green scotch bright is this the stuff you buy in the supermarket ?.

Paul.
Thread: first lamp
12/04/2011 20:29:21
Hi Ron the groove was to small I didnt have the cable at the time, I did question myself at thr time and didnt listen and it bit me on the bum but all sorted in the end. Thanks for thre tip on the string and rag.

Paul.
Thread: segmented vase
12/04/2011 18:36:46
I hope you dont mind my input I agree with Simon natural all the way.

Paul.
Thread: first lamp
11/04/2011 21:03:37
Thanks for all your reply's, simon I do not have the pleasure of a hollow tail stock on my lathe Iv'e only got a cheap clarke lathe but now i got the bug Im saving the pennies for a new lathe..

Paul..
10/04/2011 20:26:13
Finished the electrics on the lamp today very pleased with it, A few lessons was learned I ripped a 2'' X 2'' down the middle and surfaced planned routed a groove down the centre, Questioned myself was the groove big enough for the cable ignored my thoughts glued up turned the spindel and guess what the the groove was too small kicking myself i had to drill free hand with a touch of nerves .

Paul..

Thread: segmented vase
10/04/2011 20:03:23
Another ten out of ten from me Dennis you always come up with a diffrent design which im sure keeps you thinking you must have the patience of a saint.

Paul..
Thread: commemorative piece work in progress
10/04/2011 19:55:17
Fairplay Fatboy that is excelent im sure you will have one very happy customer. Are you self taught or have you had lessons whichever you got it off to a fine art.

Paul.
Thread: New Turner on the Block!
09/04/2011 20:39:51
well done steve very nice indeed, like you i have only been turning since xmas and it is suprising how you come on with advice and tips off this forum members is excellent.

Paul..
Thread: Pen for me
08/04/2011 19:47:16
very nice pen indeed their Bill i think you got to grips with making them now well done.

Paul..
Thread: club night out
07/04/2011 18:37:13
alot of lovely work their what won the comp dennis
Thread: More of the Burr
06/04/2011 20:30:02
Fair play Derek they look spot on to me do they take long to make, they are on my list of things to have a go at but i got a very long list lol.

thanks Paul.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Triton
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact