By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Latest Turnings
22/06/2011 12:03:15
This is my first attempt turning a vase and hollowed out to a finish of 10mm i didnt want to go any further a touch of nerves. finished to 400 grit and liberon finishing oil.

The wife was so impressed she wanted another one so up the shed i goes and this is the result but this time i tried a diffrent finish i used a clear wax, after a couple of days i went of the wax idea and sanded it back and used finishing oil.
The wood i used was found while my son was having a round of golf not sure what it was though.

This was my attempt and natural edge bowl a bit scary to say the least the wood is cherry and finished with liberon finish oil
Thread: bowl from laburnum
20/06/2011 09:07:44
excellent piece of work dennis as alway's i really like the coulors on this one
Thread: Segmented star
20/06/2011 09:02:04
Well done dennis cant wait to get my copy when it comes into the shop
Thread: Keeping in Time
14/06/2011 19:40:06
very nice indeed its diffrent well done.

Paul.
Thread: Latest Turning's
23/05/2011 20:14:43
thanks for the replys, Derek the wood is mahogany and im note sure on the light wood the involuted piece is 9'' and the finial is 3''. bill yes the inner piece does turn i used panel pins drilled in the ends of the inner piece and sits in a groove. Simon i think about 10hrs over a few days waiting for the glue to dry is the longest time. I got the idea from marley turned he emailed me a link to a tutorial i can pass it on if anyone wants it.

Paul..
22/05/2011 17:40:43

Thread: Hello from a new wood worker
22/05/2011 17:35:49
Hello Paul, welcome to the site your in the right place there are a tidy bunch of fella's on this site who are always willing to help so dont be affraid to ask, Iv'e only been turning for about 6 months a great hobby.

Paul..
Thread: club demo
20/05/2011 21:55:57
Posted by dennis wake on 20/05/2011 21:35:16:

Paul all i will say is look in the august woodturning mag when it comes out.

Thread: American Black Walnut
20/05/2011 18:44:21
Nice piece of wood Derek look forward to the end result.

Paul.
Thread: Turning my hand
20/05/2011 18:41:50
You sure aint gone rusty Mallie well done

Paul
Thread: club demo
20/05/2011 18:39:18
Perfect Dennis as always and to do it in front of an audiance took some bottle something I couldnt do. I can see you in the woodturning mag before long.

Paul.
Thread: Another Fruit Bowl
20/05/2011 18:34:14
Another nice bowl their Derek well

Paul
Thread: Hollow Form advice
18/05/2011 20:13:37
For next months club meeting the competion is hollow form, what would you class as hollow form I am limited to what i can do as i dont have a hollowing tool, so is their anything i could turn without using the said tools which would fall into that catergory.

Manythanks Paul..
Thread: Captive Ring Goblet
18/05/2011 07:49:53
Keep the photo's coming Bill whether they been done before or not, I alway's love coming on here and seeing what you fellas have been doing. Oh and by the way if i done that goblet i would be proud of it well done.

Paul..
Thread: segmented pens
11/05/2011 21:19:07
very nice indeed Sam its something i would like to have a go at, its on my to do list with many other turnings

Paul..
Thread: I Got Bored So
09/05/2011 20:48:51
very nice indeed Derek I really like the design, what wood and finish did you use.

Thanks Paul..
Thread: In the shed today
04/05/2011 20:17:31
You carry on Bill its nice to have feed back, I agree with you derek the wife was undecided which ones to keep I said its up to you as i set off for work when i came home it was the top ones she keept and give the other 2 to her friend which i must say was very happy with.

Paul..
Thread: Thank you Warco
04/05/2011 20:11:05
Its nice to know when you buy something you got good customer service.

Paul..
Thread: bible box
04/05/2011 20:07:02
Very nice indeed fatboy with a happy creator and happy reciever what more can you ask for well done. I like the carving it really stands out for me.

Paul..
Thread: In the shed today
02/05/2011 20:39:28
I made some tea lights for the first time 2 for the wife and 2 for her work college,
also I had a go a turning inside out and i must say it was quite a challange for me. I machined up 4 billets at 40mm square clued them together and turned the inside shape now that was a bit scary i can tell you, split the 4 billets and turned them 180degree and re-clued them and turned the outside shape it didnt turn out the way i expected but i was very pleased with the result it gave me a good insight how things work. If anyone got any tips on the subject please could you share them.

thanks Paul..

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact