By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What You doin
14/08/2011 20:58:03
made some tea lights and a small goblet for the wife's friend

Thread: Oak and Turkish Walnut
13/08/2011 18:09:09
Wow Bill they are first class in my eye's and I really like the walnut, glad your picking up the tools and bringing out that hidden talent, and im sure your friends will be showing off their gifts to fellow cruisers.

Paul
Thread: Spindle Turning Project
13/08/2011 17:42:05
That's first class Julian and the two woods go well together what is the length and width.

Thanks Paul.
Thread: my first attempt at carving.
12/08/2011 21:40:11
Another string to the bow Dennis well done
Thread: Eccentric
11/08/2011 17:02:09
Thanks Derek, I will give the black card a go as you say will take all the guess work away.

Paul.
Thread: Practice Turning
10/08/2011 19:42:28
Spot on Derek i think its a tool you cant get complacent with, I've just bought a new 1'' skew from sorby I aint used it yet will practice on some scrap wood first, as Bill say's put it to good work and sods law. I like the captive ring its something i have'nt had a go at yet but would like to try its on the list.

Paul
Thread: Eccentric
10/08/2011 19:35:11
Hi Bill, i think i will stick to what i know for a while but its food for thought.

Paul
09/08/2011 20:33:50
Ahh Bill got what you mean now sorry, i used a chuck and off-centred it oppisite on the jaw's if that makes sense.
08/08/2011 20:49:12
Hi Bill, thanks for the reply and comments I didnt use any devices or multiple centres.
As you say about working by touch and a very slow job for me it was anyway.

Paul.
07/08/2011 18:49:09
Had a go at eccentric this week and got to say it was very nerve racking had trouble seeing what was going on, but got to grips with it in the end the one on the left was my first attempt the middle one was my second and the one one the right was my third.

Thread: Shabby wardrobes!
05/08/2011 19:51:40
Very interesting thread you got going Mailee look forward to reading it look forward to the end results
Thread: Devil gate drive!
02/08/2011 21:02:55
Thanks for the reply Mailee
Thread: Recycled
02/08/2011 20:57:25
Thank you all, Fatboy i think it will be ok free standing the table i recycled is pine not the best to turn, and the finish i put on was 2 coats of sanding sealer sanded between coats and then 3 coats of clear wax sorry it went before i could take a photo of the finished look.

Derek i got to agree about the top something Ive learnt off you guy's again, good idea about putting another moulding on it but its to late its gone.

Once again thanks all for your input and advice
Thread: Devil gate drive!
01/08/2011 20:15:41
Very nice Mailee what finish will be used.

Thanks Paul.
Thread: Recycled
01/08/2011 18:21:45
Thankyou for all your reply's its nice to get some feed back as some posts dont seem to get a response, Simon yes mate all from the old table top, bill the desk could well be a ? i will let you decide.

Paul..
30/07/2011 20:24:19
Thanks for the reply Ron, it took me a minute to think what you was saying but that is a valid point it is a bit top heavy but it would of been to much work to reduce the thickness.
I will polish it in the morning a deliver it and im sure he will be happy.

Paul.
30/07/2011 19:03:41
May uncle called over the other day and said do i want half of of his kitchen table he cut in half, not a person to say no in the corner of the shed it goes.
Thinking what i could do with it i remember his wife saying she needed a table for
her hallway to put plants on so off to work i went and this was the result.

Thread: The Bury St Edmunds Woodturning Club Web site
30/07/2011 18:45:17
Well done Ron, thats another web site added to my favourites.
Thread: turning a clock
29/07/2011 11:40:29
Hi Allan, very nice indeed its something i like making, Where do you buy your clock inserts

Paul.

Thread: Lidded Pot
25/07/2011 09:00:10
Hi Bill, the other half if you mean the wife she's still with me (only joking) i had to get that 1 in. production will slow down now back to work monday I been on the sick for 6 weeks after a knee operation.

Paul..
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Craft Supplies
Triton
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact