By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: My first clock
23/01/2011 16:19:17
Well as the title say's this is my first clock I was going to put a insert into a disc and on a plinth but then I saw Sad sam's album and thought I would copy his design a bit comments most welcomed.

Edited By sparky on 23/01/2011 16:57:15

Thread: Globe Clock
22/01/2011 17:54:44
Posted by paul johnson 2 on 20/01/2011 19:32:40:
Posted by Big Al on 07/01/2011 18:49:05:
Try meantime design limited, click here for their web site.
I have used them quite a lot in the past and would recommend them any day.
Al
Hi Al,
Well I took your advice and ordered my clock from meantime it came yesterday well happy and well advised thankyou, when I finished my clock I will post some pics.
Paul.
Well gutted finished my clock today went to put the insert in and discovered the minute hand dosent work Iv'e emailed meantime and waiting their reply hope it's sorted by the 4th as it's a present.
Paul

Thread: Just playing with shapes
21/01/2011 18:46:20
That's a lovely piece of work Derek you can hardly see the join what finish did you use.
Paul.
Thread: Sharpening system
17/01/2011 16:48:32
Thanks for your reply's Iv'e took the advice of joining a club from forum members and joined pembrokeshire wood turners last week and they meet once a month. On my first club meet they had a demonstration on thin walled turning which was realy good and next month is a members night with all the lathes out and members can have a go so roll on next month.

Paul.
16/01/2011 20:27:48
Thank's for the photo's Bill I think I will copy this Idea at least it will get me started on the skew's. When you  start wood turning buying the lathe is just the beginning you dont think of all the other bits and pieces you need to go with it but I will get their in the end.Iv'e been messing around with wood for over 20 years and turning is a new hobby so it's a case of back to basics which im really enjoying.

Paul.
16/01/2011 18:24:09
Thanks for your reply's youv'e giving me some interesting reading and advice, I think I will go down the road of a 6'' grinder which I already got and change the wheel's and make some sought of jig. When Iv'e made it all I will give you some feedback many thank's.

Paul.
15/01/2011 19:31:11
It's time for me to invest in a sharpening system Iv'e been looking on the net at all the diffrent model's out thier and still aint got a clue, please could you share your thought's and advice many thanks.

Paul.
Thread: First club meeting
13/01/2011 19:56:35
Hi Derek, yes the club has 3 lathes i'm not sure what they are though, at the next meeting they will be out for members to use i'm realy looking forward to it .

Thanks Paul.
13/01/2011 18:07:36
Well took the advice of forum members and found a club about 12 miles from where i live Pembrokeshire wood turners, So last night I went along to my first meeeting well what can I say it was excellent the members was so welcoming and they had a professional turner giving a demontration on thin walled turning.
And I met two fella's that live in the same town as me and they invited to their shed's to give help and advice cant wait for the next meeting.

Paul.

Thread: Globe Clock
07/01/2011 19:05:39
Thankyou AL
07/01/2011 18:23:21
Fair play Alan you turn out some lovely work I was thinking of making my next project a clock for the inlaws, Please could you point me in the right direction of a supplier for clock faces.

thanks Paul.
Thread: Photo's
02/01/2011 15:05:20
Thanks for your reply's, I followed Julian's advice and read Sparky's tutorial and got their in the end thank you.

Paul.
02/01/2011 11:48:55
May I start by saying happy newyear to you all, Help required well Iv'e just completed a few projects ie ring holder, light pulls, 2 nut bowls, acorns and a bird house iv'e tried to upload the pics with no sucess it keeps saying jpeg pics only

Thanks Paul
Thread: independant chuck
18/11/2010 20:16:44
Thanks for reply Ron, just to let you know ive updated my profile and looked on the AWGB web site and to my delight there is a club about 7 miles from my door step Pembrokeshire wood turners so Im going to email them and hopefully go along to there next meeting.

Thanks Paul.
17/11/2010 19:47:32
Thanks for your reply Alan unfortunately there aint any turning club's in our area some times they have demo's about 50 miles from where I live  been once but a long way to go.As I said in my previous post only just picked up the tools after a while so im going back to basics to get the feel again, been doing a lot of reading and research when I do my first project I will post a picture.

Paul.. 

16/11/2010 19:18:02
May I start by saying thankyou for your reply's, Cedric your right in what your saying I can do so much with a screw chuck, face plate and claw drive which Ive already got and still learning to get to grips with these. I bought the lathe about 12 months ago and have turned a couple of shallow bowls and mushrooms and then my better wanted to move so it was a case of pack the tools away for a while, well settled in the new place and I built my new  block work shop 5.5m2 x 4.5m2 all fitted out now and ready to go. So its a case of picking up the tools and getting used to them again.

Dennis you are right in saying I got the one where you tighten each chuck which is a bit beyond me i will have to look into the self centre chucks. Ive recently bought the last two copys of wood worker and was going to make turning the goblet into my next project which they use a 4 jaw chuck hence my first post.

Garfield im glad you give your opinion on the lathe as im well aware you get what you pay for but didnt wont to jump in feet first and find out I couldnt get to grips with it thank guys.
15/11/2010 19:30:54
|Here goes this is my first thread so please be gentel, I am a complete novice to wood turning I recently bought a Clarke CWL lathe from machine mart not the best on the market I no but the price was right at the time to get me started.
I bought a 4 jaw independant chuck which I have failed misreable trying to set up I just cant get the work peice to run true in it if that means sence any help would be gladly recieved.

cheers Paul
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact