By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for paul johnson 2

Here is a list of all the postings paul johnson 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: craft fair turnings
03/05/2012 11:51:45

Hi Dennis, some lovely turning's there how did you make the stems for the grapes

thanks Paul.

Thread: Blades
28/03/2012 18:59:21

Hi Derek, I recently bought a second hand sip bansaw with a 6'' cut on using it for the first time it was wandering all over the place, I was lead to belive the blade was fairly new so tried adjusting the guides etc and still no joy so i asked the question on here and was advised to try a new blade so i bought a xclaiber from axminster put it on hey presto like a knife through butter.

Paul..

Thread: band saw problem
19/03/2012 20:54:41

Just a update replaced the blade today a hey presto sorted cutting like a good un,

Thanks Paul..

12/03/2012 18:04:40

May I start by saying thanks for your reply's, I will take all your advice onboard buy myself a new blade and hopefully it will be sorted,You have giving me more advice than the manual I will let you all know how i get on.

Regards Paul.

11/03/2012 18:44:44

I just bought myself a second hand SIP band saw, when using it for the first time today the blade jammed and from then on the saw wont cut straight I've looked at the manual and played about with the guides but still no joy.

Any advice or tips welcomed.

Thanks Paul

Thread: xmas turnings
21/12/2011 19:31:56
Thanks for your comments,

Paul..
Thread: It's my birthday
19/12/2011 15:34:08
Well its 12 months since i started woodturning and got to say what a wonderfull
hobby it is, I thought my wish list would be starting to get smaller how wrong was i it's getting bigger, there are so many avenues i want to exsplore. so thanks to all the forum members who put up photo's, thread's,giving tips and advice.
Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Paul
Thread: xmas wish list
19/12/2011 15:24:20
what have you put on your wish list for xmas well i will start with mine,
1, decorating elf tool with the coving tool, point tool, bud cuttter, cylinder cutter and ball cutter.
2, Chestnut spirit stains all the rainbow colours.
Thread: xmas turnings
19/12/2011 15:17:09
I have,nt put any pics up for a while so here are my turning's for xmas prezzies,

Thread: First Colouring
18/12/2011 18:11:13
Very nice indeed Derek Iv'e just started doing a bit of colouring myself did you use a brush to apply the stain or did you use a deffuser,

thanks Paul
Thread: steady
07/11/2011 20:33:33
Sorry just looked at this post and forgot to put up the pics

06/11/2011 19:10:26
Well I took Eric's advice and didnt bother with a steady and here is the result,My interpratation of a flower the stem is 5mm thick and 18'' long I didnt cut out pettles on the flower as i liked the spalting comments most welcomed.
Thread: Has any one turned any wall art.
20/10/2011 19:22:24
Hi Les, we had the pleasure of proffesinal wood turner George Foweraker do a demo at our club this year and his forte is wall art and he exsplained the dangers of not being able to reach the on off switch, and what he did was plug the lathe into a exstention lead and had the socket down by his feet. he also paints and scorches his work take a look at his web site he got a good blog. www.artistry-in-wood.co.uk hope this helps

Paul
Thread: steady
19/10/2011 19:23:01
thankyou Bill your a star
18/10/2011 21:26:43
Hi Bill, just looked at your lathe steady thats just what im looking to make thanks

Paul
18/10/2011 21:20:05
Thanks for the reply's, Eric i will have a go with what you suggested as im only looking to turn 15'' at longest.

Paul..
17/10/2011 19:37:09
Our next challenge for our next club comp is to turn long and thin, Can anyone point me in the right direction to some plans on how to make a steady.

Manythanks Paul

Thread: competition piece
22/09/2011 18:02:56
Like yew Sam I enjoy making clock's the choice of wood is first class all the best for the comp update us on how you get on. Dennis you always amaze me with your segment work their is one of the lads from the club that is into segment work and iv'e been to see him at work and amazed at the amount of work involved credit to you. The same applies in our club of only one catergory which im not a fan of as how can the novice's compete with fella's that been into it for years is beyond me but hey that's the rules.
Thread: club comp
27/08/2011 19:52:15
Hi Sam, I did put them up you must of missed them look at my photo's in my wood turning album.

Paul..
26/08/2011 20:43:25
well done on the club comp Sam, that's a nice project i made one a couple of weeks ago and used the other half of the ring to make a candle holder what did you do with the other half of the ring Sam?.

Paul.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact