By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Mailee

Here is a list of all the postings Mailee has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: With some sadness
26/05/2016 20:25:50

Well guys, it is with some sadness that I have to announce I am giving up the business. Work has been slow recently and after a fall from a ladder I jarred my back and had to have some time off. Money is tight and rather than delve into my pension I am getting a job again, light duties but not woodworking. I shall downsize and continue wood working as a hobby again, small stuff of course to keep my hand in. Will still be visiting the forum to keep up to date of course.

Thread: Oak desk
11/04/2016 17:08:27

I got this finished the other day. My customer had seen a similar one I built and asked for this with provision for files in the two bottom drawers. He also wanted it transportable so the top and upper drawers are separate from the pedestals. It is made in AWO with a 2 pac clear finish. Drawer runners are all soft close.
dscn4090.jpgdscn4091.jpg

Thread: Golf storage
07/01/2016 18:59:50

Yes Julian. They have converted the garage into a living room and he was storing them in his motor home but asked me to build this for him. I guess the boss has spoken. LOL.

06/01/2016 19:52:13

I have just finished building this storage unit for a customer. This is to house his golfing equipment and will have a medium oak finish applied and a locking bolt to the doors.

dscn4065.jpg

Thread: Pine computer desk
18/12/2015 19:41:47

My fault Derek, I took the photo before I had put the other handles on, (I was waiting for delivery on one and had the other on the bench) The last one arrived today and I will be delivering it tomorrow so will get some shots of it in place. (With all the handles) LOL.

18/12/2015 19:41:47

My fault Derek, I took the photo before I had put the other handles on, (I was waiting for delivery on one and had the other on the bench) The last one arrived today and I will be delivering it tomorrow so will get some shots of it in place. (With all the handles) LOL.

17/12/2015 18:59:16

I have just about finished this desk for a client. They wanted rustic looking drawer fronts and door with a smooth finish on the rest. My customer is going to put a finish on it.
dscn4049.jpg

dscn4050.jpg

dscn4051.jpgI am now waiting for one more handle which they missed off the order!

Thread: More under stairs work
07/12/2015 20:24:57

Well at long last I got these fitted today! My customer works so I had to fit around her shifts. It took my assistant and I all day to fit them but I think they went in well in the end. Customer was very happy with them and that's what matters.
dscn4042.jpg
I made some generic handles for them as she hasn't made her mind up what she want's.
Of course she wanted to try it out for size. dscn4043.jpgThe last door had to be on hinges to allow access around the corner.
dscn4045.jpg
I was happy with the colour match which wasn't too bad. (Looks lighter on the photo) I can now get my workshop back.

07/12/2015 20:24:56

Well at long last I got these fitted today! My customer works so I had to fit around her shifts. It took my assistant and I all day to fit them but I think they went in well in the end. Customer was very happy with them and that's what matters.
dscn4042.jpg
I made some generic handles for them as she hasn't made her mind up what she want's.
Of course she wanted to try it out for size. dscn4043.jpgThe last door had to be on hinges to allow access around the corner.
dscn4045.jpg
I was happy with the colour match which wasn't too bad. (Looks lighter on the photo) I can now get my workshop back.

09/11/2015 19:18:04

I got started on assembling the pull outs today. I shall fit the back panels once they are sprayed.
dscn4041.jpg

06/11/2015 19:34:56

Yes Steven, I consider myself lucky there. Normally when I build doors I leave 'horns' on the stiles and cut them down later, I did this on those two doors but forgot about it in my haste so made the panel up to the full length of the stiles. Doh! Been busy today after my mishap with the doors, they turned out ok.

dscn4039.jpg
I started work on the cabinets and got the frames and back panels made.
dscn4037.jpg
I got the bases cut out and a couple of the shelves.
dscn4038.jpg
Should get these done on Monday with a bit of luck.

05/11/2015 19:07:15

Thanks Duffield, I got on with the doors today. After assembling them all I realised I had made a mistake!
dscn4034.jpg
Both the smaller doors were too tall! I could have kicked myself when I realised what I had done. I had to take them both apart again and trim them down. Ended up making a new bottom rail for them.
dscn4035.jpg
I left these in glue up while i started working on the slides. By the end of the day I had them in place.
dscn4036.jpg

04/11/2015 18:47:57

I started this job on Monday. It is another set of pull out under stairs cupboards. I took a template of the stairs last week which you can see in the background. I then made the face frame up allowing for some trimming when on site. With these being such large units I am making frames to accommodate them. they will be in pine with raised panel doors. Two of the cupboards will slide out and two will be hinged opening. The smallest will be hinged to allow access under a return in the staircase. These will be stained to match the stair case when complete.
I already have the door frames machined up ready for assembly but still have the panels to raise.
dscn4032.jpg

Thread: Another gate
21/10/2015 23:10:35

I still can't understand what you mean Mike but I will try making a staff and see what happens on the next ones. As you say it is easier to show than try to explain. Thanks.

20/10/2015 21:34:01

I am sorry Mike but I don't follow you? I measured the boards out equally to give the same gap at each side. I can't see how moving the boards half a board can be any different? Have I missed something?

Thread: A small chest of drawers
12/10/2015 20:15:33

I delivered the small chest of drawers today and got some pics of the units I had built now they are all in place.
This is the small wardrobe that sits above the stairs. inside it has a pull down rail for access.
dscn4027.jpg
Here is the tall unit that houses document files along with the desk and the chest of drawers.
dscn4028.jpg
The desk was designed to fit around the radiator and is battened to the wall.
dscn4029.jpg
I also took some pics of the downstairs units now the proper handles have been fitted.
dscn4030.jpg
dscn4031.jpg
I am also pleased to say a relative was so impressed with them she has asked me to quote her for under stairs cupboards too.

09/10/2015 18:22:08

Got these finished today and will deliver them next week.
dscn4025.jpg

dscn4026.jpg

08/10/2015 21:09:17

I am in the process of making a small set of drawers for a customer. I have already made and fitted a large cabinet, small wardrobe and desk and now the set of drawers to fit under the desk.
dscn4024.jpg

Thread: Another gate
07/10/2015 21:54:56

I got another fill in job yesterday for a gate. I must be getting good at these as this one only took me an afternoon to complete. smileydscn4021.jpg
I shall be fitting it next week along with hanging two doors. :D

Thread: Fit for a Princess
24/09/2015 21:12:50

I got this delivered and installed today. Mum was very happy with it and said they will all want to sleep in it. laugh
in place.jpg

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Chris Tribe Furniture
Turners Tool Box
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact