By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Nick Gibbs

Here is a list of all the postings Nick Gibbs has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Kick out the plastic
06/12/2008 10:05:00

Great blog, Andy. You might be interested to know that we've got a piece about hinging windows in the next issue of British Woodworking. Ironically, the windows are French, but we are comparing how it would be done in Britain and France, with some neat hinging jigs and devices. I hope it proves useful. If you haven't seen a copy of British Woodworking, do please email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com and I will send you a free trial copy.

Cheers

Nick

Editor, British Woodworking magazine

Thread: 4000 Members!
06/12/2008 09:55:00

If you're thinking of having a quick Scotch of an evening, why not do so while reading a free copy of British Woodworking magazine, if you haven't seen it already. Do email me on nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com if you'd like a trial issue.

Cheers

Nick 

Thread: A loss for Welsh chairmaking
08/10/2008 22:02:00

I'm just working on the introduction as we speak! Do buy the book, it's a classic.

We had a long piece about John in the last issue of British Woodworking. If you'd like a pdf of the article, do email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com.

Nick

Editor, British Woodworking.

Thread: Honing guides ~ six of the best
08/10/2008 21:59:00

The day I discovered honing guides changed my life! I bought a grey Eclipse 15 years ago when I purchased my first Japanese waterstones and I haven't looked back. But if you want to learn more about honing guides, there's an article in the latest issue of British Woodworking. If you haven't seen the magazine and want to take a look, just email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com and I'll send you a free copy.

Cheers

Nick

Editor, British Woodworking

Thread: RAGE 185mm Multipurpose Circular Saw
08/10/2008 21:55:00

I've arrived at this thread late, and haven't followed it thoroughly, but just to note that we tested a Rage chopsaw about a year ago. It was good for the price. If anyone would like a pdf of our report do please email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com.

Cheers

Nick Gibbs

04/08/2008 04:41:00

There's likely to be a new edition of John's Welsh Stick Chairs out in the not-too-distant future, and a new book further ahead. There's a personal tribute to John, with images, stories and messages you won't have seen before in the current issue of British Woodworking magazine.

Nick Gibbs

nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com

Thread: Abranet.
29/03/2008 12:47:00
Yes, Derek's right. Abranet is fantastic and there is a free sample of Abranet on the cover of the latest issue of British Woodworking, and if you subscribe you can get a free sanding block kit.

Nick Gibbs
Thread: Kick out the plastic
06/12/2008 10:05:00

Great blog, Andy. You might be interested to know that we've got a piece about hinging windows in the next issue of British Woodworking. Ironically, the windows are French, but we are comparing how it would be done in Britain and France, with some neat hinging jigs and devices. I hope it proves useful. If you haven't seen a copy of British Woodworking, do please email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com and I will send you a free trial copy.

Cheers

Nick

Thread: 4000 Members!
06/12/2008 09:55:00

If you're thinking of having a quick Scotch of an evening, why not do so while reading a free copy of British Woodworking magazine, if you haven't seen it already. Do email me on nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com if you'd like a trial issue.

Cheers

Nick 

Thread: Triton Woodworking Tools
06/12/2008 09:47:00

I think Triton tools are now distributed by Silverline Tools in the UK, though you won't find much about them yet on the website (silverline.com).

We tested the small Triton router last year, and it was fantastic. The best router for installing in a router table, and fantastic value. Do email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com if you would like a pdf of that test, and if you'd like a free sample of British Woodworking mag.

Cheers

Nick

08/10/2008 22:02:00

I'm just working on the introduction as we speak! Do buy the book, it's a classic.

We had a long piece about John in the last issue of British Woodworking. If you'd like a pdf of the article, do email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com.

Nick

Editor, British Woodworking.

Thread: Honing guides ~ six of the best
08/10/2008 21:59:00

The day I discovered honing guides changed my life! I bought a grey Eclipse 15 years ago when I purchased my first Japanese waterstones and I haven't looked back. But if you want to learn more about honing guides, there's an article in the latest issue of British Woodworking. If you haven't seen the magazine and want to take a look, just email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com and I'll send you a free copy.

Cheers

Nick

Thread: RAGE 185mm Multipurpose Circular Saw
08/10/2008 21:55:00

I've arrived at this thread late, and haven't followed it thoroughly, but just to note that we tested a Rage chopsaw about a year ago. It was good for the price. If anyone would like a pdf of our report do please email me at nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com.

Cheers

Nick Gibbs

04/08/2008 04:41:00

There's likely to be a new edition of John's Welsh Stick Chairs out in the not-too-distant future, and a new book further ahead. There's a personal tribute to John, with images, stories and messages you won't have seen before in the current issue of British Woodworking magazine.

Nick Gibbs

nick.gibbs@britishwoodworking.com

Thread: Abranet.
29/03/2008 12:47:00
Yes, Derek's right. Abranet is fantastic and there is a free sample of Abranet on the cover of the latest issue of British Woodworking, and if you subscribe you can get a free sanding block kit.

Nick Gibbs
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact