By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Pete Hughes

Here is a list of all the postings Pete Hughes has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Best bandsaw blades
16/08/2015 22:20:12

Hello, in reply to your query about bandsw blades, I use a company calles Tufsaws from South Wales. Hope this helps.

Pete

Thread: Routers
05/01/2011 16:29:05
Hello, my Bosch P500 routers has just died, it was a cracking little tool, very light and easy to use.
It appears that this model is no longer available, I was looking at Trend but have no knowledge of the reliabilty or indeed any other small router.  I would be grateful for any advice you may have with reagrds to this.
 Regards, Pete

Thread: Worshop bench
19/12/2010 16:11:54
Hello all,
Just finishing a small workshop and want to fit a bench, I made one many years ago but was wondering if anyone had views on me making a steel frame and cladding the top with heavy MDF so when it becomes jiggered I can just replace it. (the top that is)
Or does anyone have plans for a good strong woodworking bench that will do me.
Cheers, Pete
Thread: Oilstones
19/12/2010 16:05:31
Thank you all for your advice, very much appreciated, my apologies for not replying/thanking you sooner but have been without PC.
I have inherited a number of tools which are of good quality and most of which I know how to use, one of these being a sharpening/honing stone.  This is about 6 x  21/2 x 3/4 and pinkish in colour, no name on box or user insructions with it, it does not look as tho' oil has been on it? but looks very hard and flat.
Any ideas please? when I can work out how to post pictures I will post one of this stone so as someone may be able to help me.

Thanks again fellas.

Pete

Thread: DeWalt Planner Thicknesser DW733
17/10/2010 20:08:42
Hello Andrew,
my apologies, but I have no knowledge of the PC you mention but while looking at your pics, which I must say are very very impressive, my reason for this reply is to ask how you find your dewalt band saw? I inherited one and have re-furbed it but find it noisy.  Is this to be expected.
Thanks, Pete
Thread: What type of varnish?
17/10/2010 19:42:12
Hiya John,
My reply may be late but I am a firm believer in using "Sikkens" products, I usually stain with a spirit based colour and then when dry apply three caots of then above, its not cheap but I find it works.
Hope this helps.
Pete
Thread: Oilstones
17/10/2010 19:36:10
Hello all,
I am using a what i think is a Norton India oilsone,very very old,however, It has a hollow in it which makes sharpening planes irons/blades a tad difficult, by this I mean keeping a level flat edge.  I have tried to "flatten" it out but no good, is it worth me thinking of buying a modern device, diamond thing. I was going to buy a new India stone as I am a bit old fashioned and lack confidence in this new technology
All advice will be greatly received
Thread: B & Q Bandsaw
24/08/2010 19:57:30
Yes Colin, I've had similar experiences with B&Q myself, but only when there was no alternative.  I try to use a small local business whenever possible, that is if I cannot fix it myself.

Pete
Thread: Hello
19/08/2010 19:20:41
ooops, sorry. will get use to the site very soon
19/08/2010 19:19:50
Hello, yes I will fill a profile, but for now, thanks for the welcome.  Is it quite easy to attach pictures on here? I have inherited some old tools and would appreciate some advice as to the correct way they should be used.
Pete
19/08/2010 19:19:36
Hello, yes I will fill a profile, but for now, thanks for the welcome.  Is it quite easy to attach pictures on here? I have inherited some old tools and would appreciate some advice as to the correct way they should be used.
Pete
10/08/2010 21:45:55
Just joined hope I can pick up some usefull info,

Pete
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact