By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for james stafford

Here is a list of all the postings james stafford has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What do you think of this for an idea?
29/03/2008 16:57:00

Have just checked with ebay, and yes a shop can be set-up.

JIM

29/03/2008 16:52:00

I think most people go to ebay to look for a good deal,and this could be woodwork as well,as i have seen many item 's on there, so all you need is a shop on ebay which everyone can sell there item's , ebay will be willing to help with this matter, and like Baz said everyone is independant.

also this will mean when selling item's you need to think about how do you get your item to the buyer !!!, there are rule on ebay , so think about it, large item's post cost ect!.

but the point being it's one shop for all woodworkers to use.

JIM

Thread: Problems with workshop moisture and cast iron tools
30/03/2008 12:14:00

I think we are all the same lads, we use any wood we can get are hands on.

ive always got my eyes open for wood, and trees.

But my cost for all my electric is about 10.00 aweek, and that includes the workshop heater on 24/7.

jim

30/03/2008

derek

there is very little cost with a electric oil filled heater,you can have it all year round if you like.

JIM

29/03/2008 19:57:00

All i can say, the cost is very little with that type of heater, and its all down to the oil in the heater, plus the insulation.

great minds think alike !

jim

Thread: Understanding dust extractors
29/03/2008 19:53:00

Hi OPJ

thats great ,but my machine is out side the workshop, so pipework it has to be, but the machine  i have will work if i connect it direct , but it's good to here the 1200 works well, i will be saving for the 2200,and im sur that will work with the pipework.

cheer for that mate.

JIM 

Thread: Problems with workshop moisture and cast iron tools
29/03/2008 19:42:00

makes sence Digger.

JIM

29/03/2008 19:08:00

Hi jaden

It seems like a lot of people are having a problem with moisture.

my own workshop is 10'x10', small , but i do have alot of tools , and like everyone else, you think of tools rusting, but i dont have a problem with that.

to stop it you need to keep your workshop at a constant temp! i never let my workshop drop below 15 c .

and all i use it a electic oil fill heater, and it stays on 24/7, and the cost of this  is but a few £ aweek.

now is your work shop insulated ?, if not get it done, roof and walls.

Hope this helps you jaden.

jim

ps  my workshop is about 14 years old, so time speaks for it self. 

29/03/2008 17:46:00

hi all

This is the e~mail i got from axminster in the week.

Dear Mr stafford

As I am unsure of the type of capactitor of the extractor you are currently using, may i suggest that a thinknesser will require a high airflow to pull the volume of waste that this machine will deposit in the ducting.

A extractor with a 1000m/hr3  would be desirable , or even higher. the ADE 1200 is a extremely good extractor and represents good value

or the alternative is to fit the extractor direct to the machine.

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

The cost of this machine is about £160 , but im lookin at the ADE2200 whish is twice the power  at £230 approx.

Plus ive now found one more problem that dont help, and thats the output hood which is at 90% , this need to be inline with the machine. ( straight ) .

hope this help other's out there.

JIM   ps will do the pic's tomorrow.

Edited By sparky on 09/09/2009 18:28:56

Thread: What do you think of this for an idea?
29/03/2008 16:57:00

Have just checked with ebay, and yes a shop can be set-up.

JIM

29/03/2008 16:52:00

I think most people go to ebay to look for a good deal,and this could be woodwork as well,as i have seen many item 's on there, so all you need is a shop on ebay which everyone can sell there item's , ebay will be willing to help with this matter, and like Baz said everyone is independant.

also this will mean when selling item's you need to think about how do you get your item to the buyer !!!, there are rule on ebay , so think about it, large item's post cost ect!.

but the point being it's one shop for all woodworkers to use.

JIM

26/03/2008 15:09:00

john  just had a look at ur workshop,what can i say,very clean indeed, and yes my pipework is the same,are there abouts. but i have had a reply from axminster ,and will get it on here as soon as i can, and just found out the my extractor is 580w  1000m/h

very low,so that is the problem, this machine will work direct to the thicknesser.

but will tell you all more later.

time for work yuk.  b,f,n.   jim

26/03/2008 14:31:00

ok Mike will try and keep it that way, bad habit mobiles phones!!!

jim

26/03/2008 13:29:00
baz  how do i get my pic's on this ?, im new here,
26/03/2008 13:28:00

baz can ur system cope with the thinknesser, and yes my pipework is rigid,got from axminster with blast gates,cam as a kit.

yes will do some pic's at the weekend m8, i work nights so dont get much time in the day.

think this answers ur Q 2   OPJ 

26/03/2008 04:36:00

ok lads ive got it all on board, i think for pipework u would need a high vol air flow , pipework will reduce the air flow alot , the rexon is ok, but the machine i need  need's to double that flow about 2000 !, axminster have one at about £200, but ill contact them and find out if it will cover the pipework.

the rexon hooked up to the 63mm pipework is like,,,hmmm say a hoover with a blocked filter, not alot of puff, take away the pipework, and it will work well, its the pipe work lads, the longer the pipework the more power u loose, but will let you all no when i hear back from axmin !

night night lads. 

25/03/2008 09:01:00
thats why i put a 63mm pipe system in, but it cant cope with thethicknesser.
25/03/2008 08:58:00
i would have thought if you decrease the size the higher the pressure, as in the old car carb's
25/03/2008 08:43:00
thank baz , and yes im still lokking in to it, cheers m8
25/03/2008 00:27:00

i need a mechine with more puff !!!

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact