By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for P J

Here is a list of all the postings P J has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: deck gate designs
24/06/2009 15:24:11
23/06/2009 14:17:39
Hi Nick, Welcome to the forum!
 I'm just trying to get my head around a 5 metre desk or is that what it will open up to?
as well as that I don't think I've seen a desk that opens up ( we are talking gate are wings?)
If we are how about treating it like a table top! With either the wings sliding out or fold down wings perhaps hiding the support brackets when fully down.
P J

Edited By P J on 23/06/2009 14:18:05

Thread: for father's day
20/06/2009 17:52:37
Hi Mandy
 I see you've made quit afue wind mills not is there a Pacific angel for the blades or is it guestimated? How long did it take you to build it? 
Looks good!
P J

Thread: my first wheelbarrow
19/06/2009 17:03:40
Other Wheelbarrows I mean
P J
19/06/2009 16:00:42
It's better than the other ones that I've seen
Please reply to other postings.
P J

Edited By P J on 19/06/2009 16:01:15

Thread: Long Case Clock
19/06/2009 15:53:49
Yes you need to send me your email address through  Message Me when you click on my name. I tried messaging you but you haven't filled out your details.
P J

Edited By P J on 19/06/2009 15:55:58

Thread: Mandys Fence
18/06/2009 14:17:03
Hi Mandy
 I can see why you don''t want to hide your fence panel''s know. So is it cheeper to make fence panels that way? I take it they are stronger than the ones you can bye at £14 for 6ft penel. I was thinking of doing that my self sometime.
PS I like your workshop!
P J

Thread: new
17/06/2009 10:43:08
Hi Mandy as the others have said welcome! Some women come on here from time to time and go after one or two posts(hope that's not going to be you)
Anyway Projects for the garden? perhaps something like this it really hides a boring fence panels and I do like structer in the garden. Or perhaps hiding your dust bin/recycling bins I haven't got a picture of that.
Have fun in the garden and the workshop!!
P J

Thread: my small workshop
14/06/2009 15:18:54
10 coats WOW I must admit I put 2 on mine. trouble is the wood does what it does and cracks water gets in and you know the rest. Still if you can get the Ply cheep.
P J

14/06/2009 09:57:30
Hi Robert,
 Just out of interest what is your shed made out of? It looks like Ply wood and painted. I used shuttering Ply and painted with fence paint on mine. After 4 years 2 of the 12 sheets need replacing. I am just waiting for a long dry spell to replace them. I wouldn't mind putting overlapping boards on but know I can't  afford it at the moment.

What is the pulley system all about??
P J
Thread: Veneer edge tape
13/06/2009 19:05:54
Hi Andy,
Have you tried cutting your own. If you cut it from the same wood as you are edging you'll get a good match. Or perhaps put a solid stripe of Ash.
P J
Thread: Simon Forrest's gallery of fine craftmanship
04/06/2009 14:15:29
Hi Simon,
Sounds like a nice size shed you've got at the moment and it is surprising what you can make in a small workshop. Your new work shop sounds like the garage I could use as my work shop 24x18 but I know I would hardly fill a corner of that. Plus it's a bit drafty and a concrete floor, If I spent some ££££££££ on it I suppose I could use it but for the moment I'll just use it for storage and for fixing the car in.
 I hope to see pics of your new workshop in progress!
P J
04/06/2009 02:17:08
To do this kind of work out of your garden shed well I'm Impressed !
So the question is how big is it ? Your Garden Shed that is. And do you run you business out of it as well ?
P J
Thread: why
04/06/2009 00:50:45
In a way it's a good thing because you can click on someones name and see if they are online or offline. Try it !..............I must admit it is a bit annoying
P J
Thread: Simon Forrest's gallery of fine craftmanship
03/06/2009 14:06:12
Hi Simon, Yes welcome to the forum.
 Your work is truly professional (love the 4 Poster Bed). It good when you can make a career out of something you obviously enjoy. The rest of us do it for an enjoy able hobby.
I don't think I could stand the preasher of Biulding something on time and within a cost that people are prepard to pay. Looks like you've cracked it !
P J
Thread: Olly`s bench
03/06/2009 13:42:07
Come on Olly this is the hottly antisipated bench, when are you going to finish it?
Looks great at the moment.
P J
Thread: Walk Like an Egyptian
03/06/2009 13:37:32
Sparky how did i miss this one looks great Very interesting designs.
P J
Thread: Wot? No tomatoes yet?
03/06/2009 13:31:10
Hi Al,
 Let's get away from cost.
What sort of door are you putting on ? IE Sliding or Hinged.
By the way it looks great well done!
P J
Thread: Dove cote
31/05/2009 17:47:04
Nicely mitered on the roof corners DennisI bet that took some working out. I suppose once you got the angle it was OK. Did you have to keep swaping the miter around to do the other side or could you tern the wood around?
P J
Thread: Sparkys Nest of Tables
30/05/2009 17:32:53
Those look good Marc
This is another thing I wanted to makeone day.
 What I couldn''t decide was the withe of the side rail. IE do you make them all the same or make them smaller so you don''t see the smaller one when stacked together. I''ve seen it where each rail has a rail inside to carry the next smaller one.
P J 
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Marriott & Co
Triton
D&M Tools
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact