By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andrew Main

Here is a list of all the postings Andrew Main has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Router Table Build
26/02/2010 15:35:51
Marc,

Cheers for the info, my minds made up its Kreg for me!

I can see that you have a serious routing urge, by the photos, mines a long way to go but heyho, thats all part of the fun.

Will let you know here when I get home and put some more finishing touches to the table.

Cheers
Andy
26/02/2010 14:33:12
Rog,

Thanks for the reply, I have posted stuff before but got limited response, I must admit I have bought from Rutlands before, some good quality and some poor, I have seen this track system that you mentioned, I think it's by Dakota, but as I have never seen it rated anywhere before, I didn't hold out more hope than to have a look for a diferent brand.

Looks like I came to the right place, I do love recomends.

Marc, 

Again thanks for the reply, I have had a look at Axminsters, and the Kreg stuff looks good.
The fence is expensive, but I must admit I am more inclined to build one myself, as for the track, did you buy the twin mitre track and mitre form Axminsters? Did you use the Dakota track and bolts for your fence?

Hey getting more excited than the wife buying stuff.

Thanks again
Andy
26/02/2010 08:29:15
Hi
I am currently building a portable router table, which is on casters, and the same height as me workbench. I have laminated the top the last week, and have a Trend router plate still to fit. I have just invested in a T11, from D&M Tools for a nice price of £229.96.
Having never built such an item before, I am interested in any comments or help in its final finish, ie: T Track, where do I get them, who is best/cheapest, and should I buy or build a fence, I am currently undecided.

Cheers

Andy
Thread: Fantastic Bench
05/08/2009 02:19:12
Nice bench, what type of wood did you use, how much time did it take, how much did it cost?

Andy
Thread: Record Universal
17/11/2008 07:53:00

I am also considering a Combi, after having a look around I have spotted the Kittybest Combi 2000.

Has anyone any info on this machine, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

I have it eyed it up at £1582.41 inc vat, and it also comes with the mortice attachment.

Cheers Andy

Thread: A seat in the sun
11/11/2008 11:18:00

This subject is what I want to dedicate my hobby on, but where do I start, I have had a look at purchasing the timber locally, but it seems that for a first timer I am perhaps approaching this the wrong way.

Which are the best woods to use and how much, roughly, would the timber cost?

I am based in the north east of Scotland, beside Elgin.

Thread: I need wood!!!
14/03/2008 06:34:00

Bob,

Thanks for the tip, there are some fishing boat repair yards around, however they might not be so busy, due to the downturn in the industry.

Good tip, I will give them a call the next time at home.

10/03/2008 13:44:00

I have just joined this site, and am also keen to find a local supplier. We have a reclamation centre locally, this seems to be a good source, but the last time I looked, I think they may have a handle on wood pricing. " Bit Pricey", but still I wonder if it is cheaper than any local wood supplier.

I have just recently taken up woodworking as a hobby, as I seem to have plenty time on my hands now, "Ex Navy". Now Oil worker.

But I wonder if anyone can help me on an issue of suppliers, and types of timber for garden furniture. I live in the Elgin area, North East Scotland.

Be easy on me I'm just a sappling at the moment!

Andy

Thread: Record Universal
17/11/2008 07:53:00

I am also considering a Combi, after having a look around I have spotted the Kittybest Combi 2000.

Has anyone any info on this machine, is it any good, and is it worth the money?

I have it eyed it up at £1582.41 inc vat, and it also comes with the mortice attachment.

Cheers Andy

Thread: A seat in the sun
11/11/2008 11:18:00

This subject is what I want to dedicate my hobby on, but where do I start, I have had a look at purchasing the timber locally, but it seems that for a first timer I am perhaps approaching this the wrong way.

Which are the best woods to use and how much, roughly, would the timber cost?

I am based in the north east of Scotland, beside Elgin.

Thread: I need wood!!!
14/03/2008 06:34:00

Bob,

Thanks for the tip, there are some fishing boat repair yards around, however they might not be so busy, due to the downturn in the industry.

Good tip, I will give them a call the next time at home.

10/03/2008 13:44:00

I have just joined this site, and am also keen to find a local supplier. We have a reclamation centre locally, this seems to be a good source, but the last time I looked, I think they may have a handle on wood pricing. " Bit Pricey", but still I wonder if it is cheaper than any local wood supplier.

I have just recently taken up woodworking as a hobby, as I seem to have plenty time on my hands now, "Ex Navy". Now Oil worker.

But I wonder if anyone can help me on an issue of suppliers, and types of timber for garden furniture. I live in the Elgin area, North East Scotland.

Be easy on me I'm just a sappling at the moment!

Andy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact