By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Ivor the engine

Here is a list of all the postings Ivor the engine has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Urgent help !!!!
17/11/2012 07:12:07

Well done Richard I would not know how to, you have my admiration,

Take care,

Ivor.

Thread: club winter compertition
10/10/2012 02:47:39

The bottom one Dennis it looks more winterey,

Good luck with ether one you enter,

Take care,

Ivor.

Thread: Furniture Grade Pine
04/10/2012 17:49:21

Hi! Alan, My advice any demolion sites you have or reclaim yards go and see there floor joist and floor boards may be nail holes but people pay alot for furniture made out of this,

Ivor.

Thread: mini hollow form
04/10/2012 17:32:32

Amazing Eric,

Ivor.

Thread: Some 'real wood' finally
04/10/2012 00:35:55

Hi! Mailee, You must have a lot of confidence like I did to transform a customers dream into a real thing having the vision to see what they want the real hard part was working out the price it was impossible to price up everything as you were thinking through what to use with regards materales, fittings, ect, my only thought at the time was to get the materales get back to the workshop and start work nothing else mattered my family life suffered while this was going on as I knew in the back of ones mind one was spending more time than one quoted for but one had to go on because you got a lot of satisfaction when you delivered and fitted said item even when you new the money you got never covered the actual costs but you were pleased more than pleased and if told anybody they would not understand because I hope like me you got more pleasure out of making it than the money, I put it to you like giving birth if you can understand what I mean, another work of art a part of one self,

I could go on Mailee, creation is a good thing but like me one looks back over the years at all the works of art I you have made and they were but as I did not have the right name you know the rest,I often think every job I made was part of me and one day I would call them all in,

I hope you know what am trying to say,

All the best for the future,

Take care,

Ivor,

I have put a lot into this.

Edited By Ivor the engine on 04/10/2012 00:39:22

Thread: copying from one mag to another
27/09/2012 08:04:09

Well said Steve,

Ivor.

PS Do we remenber Ben,

Take care.

23/09/2012 09:13:23

I agree with all above, This site has been going down the pan over the last year and a half from what I have seen, I have a different gripe I cancelled my Digital subscription because last year I was not asked if I wanted renew my subscription and they went ahead and took it out causing me to be overdrawn and incuring a charge of £30 which I manage to talk my self out of, I was going to take it up with the publishers but having read the help other members have had with their problems on this site I did not bother, They did ask me for a feed back but if they read this they will have it,

End of my gripe,

Take care,

Ivor.

Thread: I must be doing something right!
21/09/2012 08:11:14

Very true David no respect,

A tradesman of some 43 years,

Regards,

Ivor.

Thread: Mica
07/09/2012 09:19:44

Sorry Lads, I like a little bit of intrigue, You get the idea from my first post what I was after, I was told it was Mica then Fish paper and then Phenolic Laminate, Trend, Rutlands no joy in all 3, I still had the manual for said router after 34 years which had the part number got on the internet firm called Power Tool Spares there it was sub base so I ordered 2 for £30.11 they turned up this week, the old one was 1m thick the new one is 2m thick you stick it on the honeycone base with Evo-Stick job done it is a laminate that I am sure it is what we used in the 60s as a balancer formica made this lam without the pattern to stick on the under side of say a worktop to stop it bowing providing the grain runs the same way on both laminates you are sticking we had loads of it, you live and learn,

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Take care,

Ivor.

06/09/2012 04:14:40

Having sifted through all the replys I have had from members with my delemma I finally found what I was looking for, I started off with Mica then went on to Fish paper then low and behold it was nether it turns out to be something I had been useing for most of my working life now costs an arm and a leg but clever so I bought 2,

You are never to old to learn something new,

Take care,

Ivor.

Thread: Zyliss vice
06/09/2012 03:30:09

I to have one of these I bought it in about 1980 something, with a lot of extras for I think £20 which inc 2 900mm rods and a vice to hold a drill to use as a lathe, Swish made I beleve all alloy no rust,

Take care,

Ivor.

Thread: kitchen cabinets
06/09/2012 03:15:47

Well said Mailee you are doing a grand job I know the feeling,

Ivor.

Thread: Mica
16/08/2012 20:25:20

Hi!

I want to renew the mica base on my Elu 177 router its only about 2m thick has anybody got any leads I have just got a Trend Catalogue there is a lot in there but not found what i is looking for if it is still made any help would great,

Ivor.

Thread: Plea for Help
12/08/2012 17:01:26

JMAC, There is a chap who has posted on here by the name of Tom O'Donnell who said blind people can use a router with templates www.routingwithtomodonnell it might be of help to your friend,

Take care,

Ivor.

Thread: From pew to pigeon holes
30/07/2012 08:00:20

Very nice Richard well worth all the hard work,

On to the next,

Regards,

Ivor.

Thread: Greetings
24/12/2011 11:42:53
With reference to Sparky I see they have taken him off the Home page is this the end should we feel a lump in our throats or is this progress I shall miss him like all the others that have left this site, for one thing or another I think its down to 6 members now it feels like it,

Ivor.
24/12/2011 07:43:00
I would like to wish everyone on this forum a Merry Christmas and all the Best for 2012

Take care,

Ivor.
Thread: motorbike build on u tube
30/10/2011 08:49:32

Yes it did work Derek very good amazing what one can do these days,

Tak care, Ivor.
Thread: Faulty Link
23/10/2011 09:44:22

Yes Paul i got the same i thought it funny at the time.

Ivor.
Thread: Hessian Sacks
12/10/2011 14:49:42
Hi! Paul, They arrived to-day many thanks if I want more i will let you know,
Thanks again,

Take care,

Regards,

Ivor.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Craft Supplies
Triton
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact