By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Eric Harvey

Here is a list of all the postings Eric Harvey has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Step 19
03/12/2008 21:00:00

Well done again Ralph,nice to see the process as well,lovely pieces of work again,Regards,

Eric

Thread: Horse Chestnut Bowl Top view.jpg
24/11/2008 21:57:00
Dave ,lovely piece of burr,and great looking bowl,nice work,Regards ,  Eric
Thread: Goblet Twist Stem
22/11/2008 17:32:00

WOW Ralph,

beautiful piece of work again,outstanding,give yourself a standing ovation,regards,

Eric

Thread: Need help again...
22/11/2008 17:17:00

Malc,

try checking the screw heads aren`t binding,that sometimes makes that happen,regards

Eric

Thread: woodturning clubs
14/11/2008 21:54:00

cheers george,will do

Eric.

Thread: IWEX 2009
14/11/2008 17:27:00

It was a great show this year,parking for me was easy as I`m disabled and can`t walk to far and the disabled parking was excelent,there was plenty of seating around the place ,which made life easier and there was always somebody polite to anwer question on different equipment on the different stalls and demo`s.So good luck with next years and heres hoping its even better.

Eric

Thread: woodturning clubs
14/11/2008 17:16:00

Hi all,

I will be needing to find a new woodturning club,as it looks like I`ll be moving to Bunwell in Norfolk,its between Attleborough and Long Stratton,so if anyone knows of any woodurning clubs not to far from there,would appreciate the help locating it/them and in the imortal words of Jimmy Saville,thanks Guys and Girls,

Eric

Thread: Power Planer
13/11/2008 13:08:00

Richard,

I had the same problem with my power planer,thought it was me not knowing how to use it properly,glad I`m not the only one.I gave up with it in the end and went back to the hand planes,got a better finnish,no curves,and was quicker ,a couple of passes with it normaly does the job.it makes a far nicer swooshing sound to.

Eric

Thread: chuck22.jpg
10/11/2008 15:42:00

Hi Lee,

haven`t seen one of those for a while,thats one of those cheap machine mart chucks isn`t it,with the independant jaw tightening facility instead of a scroll mechanism,have you used it,and how do you find it if you have,

Eric

Thread: Natural oak finish
07/11/2008 21:30:00

Or it`ll go black where the steel tools have mixed with the tannin in the oak

Eric

Thread: Callipers
06/11/2008 20:33:00
You could always use thin ply and dye it what colour you like,so it shows up,I have a couple of large magnets attatched to the lathe,for the joyful experience of finding small metal things lost in the shavings
Thread: Question of Drilling & Turning
04/11/2008 20:39:00

Sam

I have a light pull drive made by Axminster andit is a very handy piece of kit,you drill the holes first,then fit the block to the drive,bring the tailstock up until its rond ,then make your light pulls,was your measurements really 4-5ins,don`t you mean cm,regards , Eric

Thread: In full swing
31/10/2008 14:14:00

If you think thats bad,you should see mine,then again maybe you shouldn`t,get enough stick from the wife about the state of it

Eric

Thread: Loose tenons?
30/10/2008 20:57:00

Mark

sorry,the first joint I described was a loose togue joint,but the principal is the same as the tenon joint.

Eric

30/10/2008 17:51:00

Marc,

they work the same way as modern biscuit joints,but are one long length,you route out a mortice,hand or power, on both edges to be joined,then the loose tennon fits between the two routed grooves.the other way is the traditional mortise on both sides of the joint,and a loose tenon fitted between both,if you google loose tenon joints and click on one of the listings they have pictures of them to clarify.

Eric

Thread: Females woodworkers!
29/10/2008 20:12:00

Claire

you might try woodturning clubs as well,there are quite a few female turners.

Eric

Thread: Danish oil over heating
29/10/2008 20:09:00

Mike

your mad,you should see the amount of smoke it makes before it ignights

Eric

29/10/2008 16:21:00

Hi Ron

My dad used to keep his rags in a bucket with a built in lid over night,all was well for years,then one morning he went to his garage to load the van and the bucket was on fire,so do be very careful they can go up when you least expect it,I always peg mine up to dry so the air can get all around them just to be sure,of course not near anything flamable.

Eric

Thread: Wood Turner needed who can produce small runs
28/10/2008 09:41:00

Stephen

for oak offcuts,all you can do is find your local woodworking buisnesses and see if they have any,or local woodyards,to see if they have offcuts from boards ,most of the wood I get is from people who know I`m a woodturner and give me stuff from their gardens.

Eric

27/10/2008 20:06:00

Stephen,

If you get in touch with the AWGB at this web address, they should be able to help you.The add is   www.woodturners.co.uk    they are a friendly bunch so you should be ok,

Eric

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Triton
Transwave 2017
Craft Supplies
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact