By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for O.J

Here is a list of all the postings O.J has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: What magazines do you read.
25/04/2008 11:57:00

Bosch Router sounds like a good prize maybe i will give em a go, i guess if i can enter online i am not even wasting the cost of a stamp !!!

Why are you not going to renew after 12yrs of Goodwooodworking, are you a Woodworking Plans and Projects convertee? ;>  

24/04/2008 16:36:00

I think you're right Goodwoodworking has slipped in the last year or so, i used to get it regularly my brother subscribed for years and passed on the copies for me to look at ( nowt wrong with recycling) ;>

I found that Goodwoodworking lacked new ideas and what they do have has  definately gone stagnant over the passed few months.  I subscribed to Woodworking plans and Project when they offered the Faithful planer set foc and buy the woodworker on and off depending if i'm having a good month. I like both; woodworking Plans has new and intresting projects and you get free  plans in every issue  (always a bonus). The Woodworker on the other hand is like a trusty old friend you always know what you are going to get, which i quite like... 

Has anyone ever won anything from the competitions they run, i am always tempted but never feel lucky, Is it worth a go? 

Thread: The london woodworking show
18/02/2008 16:48:00

Reading these last few posts, it seems like now we are saying all the wood and craft shows are lacking in attendance and general interest which i don't think is true, the Yandles and D&m shows are always packed on the days I go, I can't put my finger on it but for some reason the Good working show just doesn't cut it any more???  It's a shame  as  I like the location...

Oliver James Miles ( O.J = I changed my display name)  

12/02/2008 11:38:00
looks like we aren't the only ones with thoughts on the shows, If you look under "feedback & suggestions" on the main forum page then look at the Intl. Woodworking Exhibition thread !!!!!
11/02/2008 16:48:00

Hey Paul, I too am disappointed with the ally pally show, I didn't think it could of gotten any worse than last year but somehow they managed it  ( i sympathise with all your gripes) :<

I myself am looking forward to the D&M show in November and in fact the Midlands show in October and if you need a show this side of the summer what about Yandles???  

(Infact at the D&m show last year they had goody bags on the door which was a bonus)!!!

Ps 

i'm with you on the Axminster front.... 

Thread: What magazines do you read.
25/04/2008 11:57:00

Bosch Router sounds like a good prize maybe i will give em a go, i guess if i can enter online i am not even wasting the cost of a stamp !!!

Why are you not going to renew after 12yrs of Goodwooodworking, are you a Woodworking Plans and Projects convertee? ;>  

24/04/2008 16:36:00

I think you're right Goodwoodworking has slipped in the last year or so, i used to get it regularly my brother subscribed for years and passed on the copies for me to look at ( nowt wrong with recycling) ;>

I found that Goodwoodworking lacked new ideas and what they do have has  definately gone stagnant over the passed few months.  I subscribed to Woodworking plans and Project when they offered the Faithful planer set foc and buy the woodworker on and off depending if i'm having a good month. I like both; woodworking Plans has new and intresting projects and you get free  plans in every issue  (always a bonus). The Woodworker on the other hand is like a trusty old friend you always know what you are going to get, which i quite like... 

Has anyone ever won anything from the competitions they run, i am always tempted but never feel lucky, Is it worth a go? 

Thread: The london woodworking show
18/02/2008 16:48:00

Reading these last few posts, it seems like now we are saying all the wood and craft shows are lacking in attendance and general interest which i don't think is true, the Yandles and D&m shows are always packed on the days I go, I can't put my finger on it but for some reason the Good working show just doesn't cut it any more???  It's a shame  as  I like the location...

Oliver James Miles ( O.J = I changed my display name)  

12/02/2008 11:38:00
looks like we aren't the only ones with thoughts on the shows, If you look under "feedback & suggestions" on the main forum page then look at the Intl. Woodworking Exhibition thread !!!!!
11/02/2008 16:48:00

Hey Paul, I too am disappointed with the ally pally show, I didn't think it could of gotten any worse than last year but somehow they managed it  ( i sympathise with all your gripes) :<

I myself am looking forward to the D&M show in November and in fact the Midlands show in October and if you need a show this side of the summer what about Yandles???  

(Infact at the D&m show last year they had goody bags on the door which was a bonus)!!!

Ps 

i'm with you on the Axminster front.... 

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Tormek
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact