By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jaden Rose

Here is a list of all the postings Jaden Rose has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: oiling worktops
01/01/2009 17:13:00
pure tung oil is nice and also food safe - apply thin and use lots of coats.
Thread: Bandsaw
02/05/2008 21:06:00

have any of you fellas had trouble when using a 1" blade ?

I fitted a 1" blade and it wont tension properly..  when I pull the tension lever over the upper wheel just gets angled over under the pressure leading to the blade nearly dropping off the wheel.  I can adjust the wheel back but at full adjustment it still wont run sentral on the wheel and the wheel actually interferes with the metal casing at that point...

im not sure if its the blade or the bandsaw yet

08/02/2008 09:04:00

Bob, I bought a BS500 last September - I use it mostly for ripping long lengths of timber like purpleheart or maple/walnut laminates etc.

I cant fault it, the only thing is I wish the blades would lsast longer

The determining factor for me was the price, I originally decided on a hammer N4400 but record dropped the price of the BS500 from £999 to £799 and threw in a wheel kit... its a steal !

something else to consider is that I dont know a great deal about bandsaw's, this is the first ive owned but it was a doddle to setup and its usefullnes it neverending... which is more than I can say about my scheppach planer.

Thread: oiling worktops
01/01/2009 17:13:00
pure tung oil is nice and also food safe - apply thin and use lots of coats.
02/05/2008 21:06:00

have any of you fellas had trouble when using a 1" blade ?

I fitted a 1" blade and it wont tension properly..  when I pull the tension lever over the upper wheel just gets angled over under the pressure leading to the blade nearly dropping off the wheel.  I can adjust the wheel back but at full adjustment it still wont run sentral on the wheel and the wheel actually interferes with the metal casing at that point...

im not sure if its the blade or the bandsaw yet

Thread: Problems with workshop moisture and cast iron tools
17/02/2008 08:28:00

those toolguard pots look great ! thanks

I especially like the idea that the vapours will get everywhere..

Now I just have to get the rust off in the first place

Jaden

16/02/2008 21:56:00

thanks guys,
I think im in a bit of a dilemma there - my workshop was at 0.9 degrees when I started in there this morning, so I have to have heat...

looks like the solution may lie with a dehimidifier like Baz says... just sends the electric bill skywards

Jaden

16/02/2008 17:47:00

Hi, I have a workshop which is about 30 square metres, during this winter I have installed a woodburner.

when I light the burner the temperature changes fairly quickly, I noticed that I was getting dew on all of the tools with a large thermal mass.

my planer and bandsaw beds especially - I rubbed up my planer knife block with steel wool and then coated it with light machine oil and thats OK now..  my cast iron beds are not so good.

anyone else had this problem and arrived at a good solution - I could oil the beds but I dont want them to become coated in gunky dusty oil...

Jaden

08/02/2008 09:04:00

Bob, I bought a BS500 last September - I use it mostly for ripping long lengths of timber like purpleheart or maple/walnut laminates etc.

I cant fault it, the only thing is I wish the blades would lsast longer

The determining factor for me was the price, I originally decided on a hammer N4400 but record dropped the price of the BS500 from £999 to £799 and threw in a wheel kit... its a steal !

something else to consider is that I dont know a great deal about bandsaw's, this is the first ive owned but it was a doddle to setup and its usefullnes it neverending... which is more than I can say about my scheppach planer.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
Felder UK April 2016
Tormek
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact