By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Daniel Dyboski-Bryant

Here is a list of all the postings Daniel Dyboski-Bryant has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: how can i make uniform diametre ends to coppiced poles?
12/03/2010 17:17:07
Hi John,
That is EXACTLY what i'm looking for. Thank you, now I can get on with my build! Great weekend to you.
D. Big grin.
06/03/2010 23:32:25
Goe are domes are a hobby. We're planning to camp in it and when we're at home we'll have a play den - jungle gym in it for the kids.
Danny
05/03/2010 23:32:04
Fantastic Ralph!
Thanks for that. Yes, that is probably the tool I used. I never tried to see whether it would leave a cylindrical section if I kept turning beyond the initial "tip".
Will post pictures when I'm done.

Dadniel
05/03/2010 22:12:18
Hello one and all,
I'm new here and I have quite a specific question. I am planning to build a geodesic dome from coppiced hazel poles. I need to find an efficient and effective way to make sure that all the ends are the same diametre because i have to fit metal or plastic pipe over the end for the connectors.

I have tried:
   a draw knife - takes ages and not very exact.
   a sort of pencil sharpener - quite good but leaves pointed ends. I need straight cylinders (anyone know the name for that tool?)
   I have seen a jig set up for a router - efficient and fairly quick

any other ideas

Edited By sparky on 05/03/2010 23:52:22

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact