By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George Arnold

Here is a list of all the postings George Arnold has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tea Lights
09/01/2011 12:35:56
Derek
 Have you thought about using battery operated t lights much safer , un attended candles are not safe, we had this discussion before, there was a bad fire in a town near us due to leaving an unattended t light on top of a television, two firemen died.
Put battery t lightes in google there is lot's to choose from.
George
Thread: Globe Clock
08/01/2011 20:24:16
Alan
Another very nice clock your friend should be pleased with it. Derek if you turn a clock you will have time'
George
Thread: i laughed out loud to this one
20/12/2010 19:18:38
Sam
I suppose it is because he runs the National ELF Service

George
Thread: Mobile friendly web browsers
20/12/2010 19:14:40
Ron
You think yours is old! mine is fitted with a pigeon loft,

George
Thread: how to ebonise oak for a chopping board!
16/12/2010 19:51:24
Jamie  how did you get on . I have not logged on lately,  I am not sure about the time  I would have thought at least a week? post the pictures when you have done it, I never asked why?you wanted to ebonise the  chopping board. let us know how you get on.

George
Thread: Great weekend
16/12/2010 19:44:32
Didn't Derek do well, my relations usually cost me! at least you did not have to pay £s for a stand at a show. and Simon it is nice to hear of successful result selling your work.
 George
Thread: how to ebonise oak for a chopping board!
03/12/2010 16:50:11
Jamie
 Stuat King's mixture will ebonise the oak,  Place wire wool in a jar and cover with vinegar the longer you leave it the darker it will make the wood, try on a scrap piece of oak,  finish with a food safe oil.
 Good luck George.
Thread: biscuit router
01/12/2010 15:14:27
Sparky
 That sure takes the biscuit! good information, " what biscuits do you like to dunk"

George
Thread: how to loose your fingers
01/12/2010 15:09:15
A mate of mine eight weeks ago managed to run a router cutter between his thumb and fore finger, very nasty ,worse than a clean cut as it removed the flesh, in the Sun today is an accident with a nail gun in America the gun went of and fired the nail into the blokes head just stopping short of the brain nasty.

George
Thread: TIMBER WORKTOP OFFCUTS
01/12/2010 15:01:12
Hi Gys
Have you seen this month Good Woodworking issue235 the letter of the month deals with the very subject, showing what Ken Mackinnon has made using work top offcuts.

And for those that are interested Ralph Harvey's article on a carriage clock is published  with pictures and good instruction details.  Nice one  Ralph

George
Thread: i laughed out loud to this one
30/11/2010 15:12:39
I think this is on par with , Liz Taylor & Joan Collins,The story goes They have had so many face lifts they have had to start shaving,

George
Thread: Cordless finish nailers
25/11/2010 17:23:21
The only experience I have had with a nail gun,I used to have a supply of wooden pallets from a car windscreen supplier, and often cursed the use of a nail gun when trying to take them apart, they seemed to have fired six nails where two would have done the job, also they used long staples which could be s*** to get out. but they must be a godsend to any professional timber fixer saving time and energy,

George
Thread: cant open the box
25/11/2010 17:10:22
Tommy
It is running okay on my  computer,

What was the quiz "Open the box or take the money"!
 George
Thread: Competition entry
25/11/2010 16:59:45
baz
I agree with Richard about the finial, other wise it looks a nice piece of turning, good luck in the competition.

George
Thread: turned snowman
16/11/2010 17:13:07
Ron
I nearly flaked out when I read your post,we are drifting of the  topic, I hope Sparky won't raise a storm. I think he must be busy celebrating the grandaughters birthday,

Hope youv'e had a nice day Sparky and family,

Best wishes George
15/11/2010 16:39:45
Dennis
 That's a nice snowman/person/woman we had the jokes last year!

But a good job well done

George
Thread: lathe problem
15/11/2010 16:35:08
Sam
 A call to Axminsters they stock the gun and the grease , I believe it is called an Aregon nipple?

George
12/11/2010 16:03:07
Sam

I take it you mean the head stock pulley, have you checked for movement when you adjust the speed, you say you where on a high speed, when the head stock pulley is fully open, the pulleys can wear badly at the point of contact and not slide into each other, have you greased the motor shaft lately? and the headstock shaft.
 Are any of the head stock bearings tightening up under power, do they feel tight if you turn them by hand, there are three bearings two in the headstock and one in the speed control lever system

I would strip it down and check for wear. and lubricate it well.

George
Thread: Face masks
12/11/2010 15:36:47
Nice one Ron they always recond my brother had a hole cut for his pipe in his welding  helmet

George
Thread: Latest addition to the clock collection.
12/11/2010 15:31:50
Alan
That is a lovely piece of work, well worth the time spent

George
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact