By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George Arnold

Here is a list of all the postings George Arnold has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: 2011 competition entry
11/03/2011 19:38:19
Dennis
Nice one , it will be good to see it in person tomorrow,good luck

George
Thread: Get Woodworking Live 2011
11/03/2011 19:36:16
Ron
Hope you have a wide angle lense.

George
Thread: Large apple
10/03/2011 20:30:13
Baz
I have been looking in my photos for a large apple I made I was asked if I would make a door stop by a friend for a pal of his whose holiday home he used, he brought back a large piece of olive wood from the area, and asked me what i could do ,
I came up with an apple design, the apple is olive and the stand is yew, it was about 9in dia I inserted a length of welding rod through the stork as it had to act as a handle and the wood was quite heavy,I don't think they declared it to customs.
George
10/03/2011 19:42:58
Baz
I see you have been getting fruity. it all kicked of with an apple, hope you have as much luck.

Nice peice of turning George

Ps I've had a look at your blog very impressive, I see you have the short bed Nova  hve you ever wanted an the  extension bed they sell?

George 

Edited By George Arnold on 10/03/2011 19:48:37

10/03/2011 19:37:57
Derek
How do you photo someones mind
Ron
I am not camera shy , I have been photographed shaking hands with royalty thats now rhree cups of tea! no sugar.

See you Saturday George

Simon
Sorry to hear of your loss my condolences.

George
Thread: Baz's Platter
08/03/2011 20:32:14
Baz
Good to see you back posting, I like the natural grain effect.

George
Thread: Gilded vase
08/03/2011 20:25:43
Baz
Another nice piece of work, I am not all that keen on colouring, especially when the colouring totaly hides the natural wood , I have seen one demonstrator when he finished it looked more like plastic than wood, it's a good job we all have different taste.

George
Thread: Toys and more toys
07/03/2011 15:37:46
Derek
I must say in his DEFENCE I do not have the reMOATest idea if he can earn his KEEP making castles, I don't think this is a BATTLEMENT for Ron to take on!

Ron
On a more serious note would some of the tops I pictured be of any use? I will bring some on Saturday if you don't want them I will not be offended..

George
07/03/2011 10:50:55
Ron
Who's the king of the castle?I fort you would come up with a surprise, the kids should be pleased with that. I suppose you toyed with several ideas before you came up with the castle.

George
Thread: Anyone seen Sparky?
07/03/2011 10:41:32
Baz
Sorry to hear your sad news,hope you are soon back to normal, the weather is not much of a help, it is still cold in the workshop. I look most days but only log in if I have something to say, I have a job getting motivated these days .

Ron
How do we put the spark back in Sparky? I have the tickets , but I have to chase up my transport to make sure, see you about twelve if all goes well.
George
05/03/2011 18:07:02
Ron he is certainly conspicuous by his absence. I like you hope all is okay I have seen the odd post , as with Baz.

"Sparky Sparky where for art thou Sparky"

George
Thread: Now What
05/03/2011 17:58:30
Derek
In good Blue Peter style here's one I made earlier. a Pomander ! fill it with potpourri and hang in the wardrobe, the Banksia section is app21/2 in long the overall lenghth is 61/2in,
You will find the nut very dry to turn, I think there can be seeds in some of the hole, so keep your eye protection on.

The ends of the one I made are of yew, but use what you have.

Good luck George
Thread: Bi fold gates now!
03/03/2011 20:59:34
Mailee
You are certainly on the ball with your production , another good job on the way.

George
Thread: doughnut chuck
03/03/2011 20:52:28
Hi guys
You'll probaly say I am teaching grand mother to suck eggs, if you make one up you will need a selection of different length screws, and a word of safety keep the head flush with the face, do not allow the rods or screws to project towards your hands it only takes a moment of loss of cocentration to do a lot of damage to your pinkies!

George
01/03/2011 20:12:53
Looking at the doughnut chuck, i have dug out a universal one I made a while back, it is based on a large face plate, you fit a diffrent ring to suit the bowl you want to hold.

Hope it is clear how to use it, George
Thread: Toys and more toys
28/02/2011 19:36:18
Ron
Tops ,trains,
A ball game , tops can be with or without string, George
Thread: club compertition entry
16/02/2011 19:47:18
Dennis
That's a cracker , and only taken you six hours ! hardly had time for the glue to set, look forward to the competition piece

George
Thread: Myford Mystro
11/02/2011 19:31:37
Steve
Hope the lathe is what you wanted?,practise makes perfect, I was told when I first started, to try and make every cut a finishing cut , cutting of rough cuts in a hurry learns you nothing. Keith Rowely's book is good reading with a lot of information.

Good luck George
11/02/2011 19:08:41
Ron
No sugar thank you , " the wife reckons I am sweet enough without"! look forward to hearing from you nearer the date.

George
Thread: In safe hands
10/02/2011 20:40:40
It looks like the Multi star range of chucks are in safe hands,
The range of Hegner lathes are now supplied by a company Tecnnology Supplies Ltd as are the range of Multistar chucks and accessories.

I wanted to change the thread in my Multistar Titan chuck, it is an early model operated by two levers, not as the new ones are with a key. and of course as this company has only recently taken over the marketing of this range of goods they could not tell me if they could accomodate my request, they asked me to send my chuck in and they would try and sort it out and thanks to Chris who had to search through a box of gear all of which was unmarked that came with the take over, he has come up trumps and I have now recieved the insert,

I paid for it by card Wed the 9th in the after noon and it was in my hand by 6oclock Thur evening 10th , so once again thanks Chris for your effort, that's old fashioned service,

Wishing them all the success in the future George
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Triton
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tormek
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact