By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George Arnold

Here is a list of all the postings George Arnold has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: club night out
07/04/2011 19:36:51
Dennis
That is a brilliant display of your club members skills

George
Thread: lathe question.
07/04/2011 19:33:45
Richard
There are at least four on EBay at this moment.

George

Edited By George Arnold on 07/04/2011 19:34:27

Thread: Rocking Horse
06/04/2011 20:21:32
Derek
Glad to see the horse is still on track, I thought it had been "penshunned " of. It has been a lovely day today!

George
Thread: truck and excavator
04/04/2011 20:26:09
Robert
Can I add my congratulation on such a wonderful piece of work,well made,

George

So long as you only played with your Dinkey Toy. and kept the box. Toothy

George
Thread: segmented bowl
04/04/2011 20:20:14
Dennis
Another nice piece you have made, one of your best, to my taste. well done.

George
Thread: what a find
04/04/2011 20:16:01
Paul
That is an interesting find, perhaps it was made to advertise the farrier ,how it came to be buried in tree one can only imagine. have you contacted the AWCF to find out if they have record of the farrier
Bill
Why do we insist that we hang the shoe in a "U" position and yet if you go into a blacksmith shop the shoes are hung the other way. I know they say the luck will run out if hung in that manner..

George
Thread: Regency pen
29/03/2011 19:37:24
Derek
Another nice pen you have there Delboy ? I agree with others selling your work is the hardest job, well selling at the right price that is , people don't appreciate the work and skill that goes into any turned project , and judge by what they pay for a massed produced article

George
Thread: Myford Mystro
29/03/2011 19:25:08
Steve
Can you kill two birds with one stone? "Turned Legs" just a thought glad you have the bug!
George
Thread: Rocking horse
26/03/2011 20:01:21
Jane
If that is your handiwork it is a brilliant piece of workmanship. or should I say workwomanship.

George
Thread: Myford Mystro
26/03/2011 19:55:51
Hi Steve H
How are you getting on with the lathe you purchased, I don't know if I have missed any pictures . or have you not got round to posting any.

George
Thread: I am Back
26/03/2011 19:51:07
Hi Sam
It is good to see you back posting, sorry to hear of your problem hope you make good progress and make a full recovery if you had a broken limb people would ask how you are and offer their sympathy on sight, but wih broken nerves, we do not understand the problem, and tell people to pull themselves together and get on with it which of course is of no help what so ever..

Good luck George
Thread: clan crest beginning
26/03/2011 19:37:35
That is some project , I like Bill always admire carving it is one of those things I would like to have go at, one day maybe, look foerward to the completed crest,

George
Thread: Fitted the monster!
15/03/2011 19:54:53
Mailee
You can't beat being recomended to find more work, another good job done.

George
Thread: And the winner is.......
15/03/2011 19:51:41
Clare
Have a word with Sparky he'll sort you out.

George
Thread: Ally Pally 2011
15/03/2011 19:45:47
Julian
You are correct and the other one is Ron! glad you enjoyed your day having made that long journey the one in the middle is an (H)Andy sort of a bloke, did you see the dovetail samples he had on show the marine one was a superb piece of work.

Ron
It will depend on my transport, he picked up a leaflet of one of the stalls and said he might like to go, if he does decide I will let you know,

George

Edited By George Arnold on 15/03/2011 19:48:11

Thread: big knife
14/03/2011 11:22:58
How long is the knife, very nice job.

George
Thread: my first major disaster on segmented turning
14/03/2011 11:19:05
Dennis
Sorry to hear of your disaster ! hope you can rescue it okay, and you where unharmed.
carry on the good work.

George
14/03/2011 11:11:32
Ron
Sorry you will not be sitting in the summer house, glad the tops were okay. nice to see you, there is a show nearer to you in October at some barns can't think of the name that looks interesting.
Julian
Which one in the photo did you have down as me?

Derek
Just a thought now you have been selected as a winner will that put you in a different class next time?

Glad every one enjoyed the show, thanks Andy for explaining the reason for a two day show this year.

George
Thread: Spread the Blame
13/03/2011 11:46:46
Derek congratulations on third place,
George
13/03/2011 11:41:22
Ron
Thanks for the pictures very good, I was a bit dissapointed with the way they had marked who had won, when I looked to see who had won all I could see was some little numbers on the card s perhaps it was marked clearer after I had gone,

Derek that was a good piece of work you entered as was Ralphs, The segment vase that Dennis entered was even better in the flesh , I don't know if I am speaking out of turn but the first time I looked to see who had won the judges had just finished, and one remarked that they had considered Dennis's piece for a place but thought the finish was not quite good enough., hard luck Dennis.

All together there was some very nice work exhibited.

George

PS Derek they where mixed up on each table.
George
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact