By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George Arnold

Here is a list of all the postings George Arnold has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Magazine Index
01/08/2011 20:26:56
Sparky
Nice to hear from you, glad you are okay and still keeping an eye on the site, take care

George
Thread: The Bury St Edmunds Woodturning Club Web site
29/07/2011 20:27:14
Ron
Congratulations on your web site,you must be very pleased the way the club is progressing, carry on the good work, George
Thread: Another small job
08/07/2011 20:50:29
Mailee
I thought pelmets where old hat now, in the sixties there was a whole range of hard board pelmet fronts on sale, still these thing have a habit of repeating themselves over the years

Geoage
Thread: A dead pear
08/07/2011 20:42:54
Ron
I don't know how long it has been dead, you will have to check it as wood worm may have started on it, I don't know about partridges, it is probably one of those pesky doves that sit on our roof kicking up a racket cooing at one another!
Other than that it turns lovely, go get it.
George
Thread: ash natural edged bowl
28/06/2011 19:57:52
Nice one Dennis, well done.
George
Thread: kenworth dump truck
28/06/2011 19:55:11
Robert
A nother good model , one any boy would like, some of the older ones as well by the sound of it, you will soon have a fleet as big as Eddie Stobart, do they all have girls names?

George
Thread: Segmented star
21/06/2011 20:09:48
Well done Dennis and Mailee, both of you turn out some excellent work worthy of recognition.
George
Thread: Bury St Edmunds Woodturning Club, toys for the school
09/06/2011 19:45:15
Ron
Congratulations to the club, a very good effort all round, According to the papers living in your area you'll be about for a long time to see the kids enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Glad it all went well

George
Thread: Woodturning club in bury at Edmunds
03/06/2011 11:12:06
Jim
The Bury club is still running , Ron Davis is the man, look at the post Electra dust extractor click on his name and send him a message, that's ff he dos'nt read your message and answer you, or look at the affiliated wood turner web site and the Bury club is listed with Ron's details.

Hope this helps George
Thread: Electra Beckum dust extractor
29/05/2011 12:05:19
Ron
Can you get the mushroom out of the wife sewing kit and repair the hole with a darning operation, you remember how your mother mended your socks?in the old days.

George
Thread: A message for George
28/05/2011 11:35:51
Ron
Welcome back, have you presented the toys yet? I hear they are spending loads of cash to upgrade Norfolk and Essex broad band reception. hope it works.

George
Thread: Bury
12/05/2011 19:49:51
I have not seen any postings from the Bury St Edmunds wood turners? hope all is okay withh you Ron.

George
Thread: segmented oak bowl
26/04/2011 12:28:27
Dennis
I agree with all that has been said another nice bowl.
George
Thread: biscuit router
26/04/2011 12:20:12
Hi Guys
Have you looked at the dates of the postings? they where last years down to Ron's custard creams, not a recent Sparky posting!
George

Edited By George Arnold on 26/04/2011 12:20:48

Thread: Tibetian Spaniel
24/04/2011 21:18:57
Tony
Another excellent piece of work I;m with Bill on the envy stakes,

George
Thread: Advice Needed
24/04/2011 20:58:57
Paul
You have two different requirments , to drill your light pulls a standard Jacobs type chuck will suffice, but drilling lamp spindles you need a Long Hole Boring kit, Records do these @ £39.99 they are complete with the shell auger, when you drill long holes through lamp spindles you drill half way then turn the wood round end for end and then drill the other half. hope this is of some help.

George
Thread: preparing blanks
24/04/2011 20:39:43
Peg. or to give it it's full name Polyethylene Glycol, I have a quantity in store , I purchased it, must be 17 years ago and never used it, I also have a book by Patric Spielman that explains the way it works and how it is used. it seems it had a use for rifle buts as it stabalised the wood , also for slabs for table tops, there was a lot of research done in America,
Micheal O'Donnell mentions in his book Turning Green Wood saying it was used for stabilizing the timbers from underwater archaeological wrecks when they are taken out of water for display,but he was not impressed with it's use for wood turning , saying the process takes as long as normal drying the part turned bowl.

George
Thread: Easter Greetings
24/04/2011 19:57:49
Happy Easter to one and all, been spending the last two days painting the fences.

George
Thread: segmented vase
11/04/2011 19:36:01
Dennis
Another good piece of work , what did you do for the club demo instead?

George
Thread: New Turner on the Block!
11/04/2011 19:24:27
Steve
Well done glad you are getting on with the lathe so well, keep the pictures coming.

George
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tool Post
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact