By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for George Arnold

Here is a list of all the postings George Arnold has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Wood Womble
19/02/2014 12:38:29

Hi Dereck

That's the joy of wood turning you can make use of what other people throw away carry on the good work

I have had to give up wood turning my sight is going, I can no longer druve, only the wife mad.

George

Thread: music box
22/01/2013 20:47:19

image-1.jpgNewby

Here are acouple of photos of a music box I made several years ago, the box holds eight movementsimage.jpg each one is turned on or of by twisting the knobs, there is a thin rod that allows the movement to start or stops the movement by stopping the rotating gear.

Edited By George Arnold on 22/01/2013 20:50:03

Thread: We wish you a Merry Christmas!
21/12/2012 20:28:25

Hi all

May I add my good wishes to all on the site Have a Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year.

Hope it was not to serious Derek.

Edited By George Arnold on 21/12/2012 20:29:15

Thread: copying from one mag to another
25/09/2012 19:58:11

Hi Guys

Richard is correct, nothing for loyalty, since cancelling I have an email offering incentives to take out a new subscription. I agree with Ivor the site has gone downhill, It has lost a certain sparkle or Sparky always showing us what he was doing, searching out answers to questions posed .

On another site I look at the editor has a blog as have the other writers for the magarzine, it would be nice if now and then someone from the mag wrote a post if only to put forward their veiw on any subject being discussed.

George

21/09/2012 20:07:17

I have just cancelled my subscription to Good Woodworking,I found I was not looking at the last issue before the new one arrived,

I tried to recall any project I had made from the articles in the mag? I can't, I may of course have used some information gleaned from its pages.

As for repeating articles they must be pushed to get out 13 mags a year, and it must be a job not to repeat over the years.,

I still look at this site regularly but I don't sign in. George

Thread: segmented turning
20/08/2012 20:31:35

It's some since this was shown on the site, I have not seen any more about how the set up was achieved I may have missed any more about it . It looks so perfect I wonder if it is turned .

Where has Dennis Wake been I have not seen any of his work on the site since?

George

02/07/2012 20:57:11

Dennis What a wonderful piece of segment work, it must be one of the best i have seen, I agree with all the comments, and like Richard would like to se a "How To"

George

Thread: HMSTrincomalee
22/02/2012 20:09:18

Dennis

We have followed with interest your work for the The Trincomalee, without knowing anything about the boat, how old it was and it's naval history.

It was interesting to find she is the oldest floating ship in the UK being built in Bombay from teak, launched in 1817 at a cost of £23000.

if any of you are interested take a look on the web site and you will find the full story.,if like me you had not heard about the boat you will find it very informative,

Carry on the good work Dennis,

George

Thread: molasses
01/02/2012 20:02:57
Hi all
Has any one tried to derust using mollases, I saw an article on derusting using malasses( forget comming to a sticky end Ron) I am going to give it a try, I don't think it is a very quick process, but it's cheap.
I also saw a method using a galvanised bucket and a battery charger, any one tried it, any information greatfully received.

George
Thread: Turning Help
01/02/2012 19:45:46
Hi Steve
It sounds like you have play in the headstock bearing, as it only occurs when pushing towards the head stock and not in the spindle mode,you say it happens with the face plate and with the chuck so it can't be the spigot mounting.

Years ago I had that trouble with a cheap aly face plate that flexed under load, does it happen if you are scraping and not rubbing the bevel,

George
Thread: Latest Mag
24/01/2012 12:03:21
Hi Alan
Had a quick look at the bunk beds, well done a good article plenty of information about the construction.
George
Thread: Circular tiles
23/01/2012 19:31:49
Ron
I am sure you can be trusted with credit, and know when the "TIME" comes you will "HAND" over the correct " NUMERALS"" you will "FACE" up to your commitment and not try to "M" BEZEL" any money from the supplier, this way you will "CLOCK" up a good credit rating for future. any body else wants to "CHIME" in be my guest.

Must rush "TEMPUS FUGIT" George
22/01/2012 11:38:37
Ron
Have you tried Craft Supplies www.craftsupplies.co.uk. they do a range of ceramic clock tiles, and all you need for clocks
George.

P?S have you got time on your hands?
George
Thread: Skittles.
11/01/2012 19:57:16
Ron
He must have taken up DIY, perhaps you should change it's name to locksmith,
"When you boot it up the back side watch it make a bolt for the door."

George
Thread: Missing thread
11/01/2012 19:50:11
It is okay with me. I have just read your post on the site Richard, the only thing missing is the american football?? results .

George
Thread: HMS Trincomalee
10/01/2012 20:19:45
Dennis
Hve you thought of cutting some of it up to make pens , it would raise more money and make the wood go further, a nicely presented pen in a cse around £29-£30 each at least.
George
P/S Like what you have turned so far.
George

Edited By George Arnold on 10/01/2012 20:21:28

Thread: My new shop
10/01/2012 20:06:56
Mailee
It's good to see you have plenty of work lined up for the new year, I was always told if you want a job doing take it to a busy workshop.
Or have you built a centre for American sports?is it the club headquarters?as Ron asked are you not telling us all?
George

Thread: Ironmongery Direct
08/01/2012 19:05:21
Isn't it Ironmongery Direct that have just sold out to Travis& Perkins/Wickes group. Screwfix are part of the B&Q group, I don't know if it will make any difference to their service.

George
Thread: My new shop
01/01/2012 12:09:05
Mailee
Good luck in your new workshop for the new year, it looks like you are well on the way with the relocation.

George
Thread: HMS Trincomalee
01/01/2012 12:02:07
Good effort Dennis
I hope you raise a lot of money , charge a good price for the treen you turn, it has the history of HMS Trimcomalee in the wood and is one off and irreplaceable.

I raised a lot of money for a restoration of our local water mill using timber rescued after the fire and new wood used to rebuild the mill, the story of the rebuild can be seen on the Stotfold Mill web site.

Good luck George
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact