By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Duncan Donuts

Here is a list of all the postings Duncan Donuts has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Dust Control
15/03/2020 07:52:27

I have a problem with dust too. I have ceiling mounted air cleaners (main one is a JET from Axminster). Quiet and effective at taking out airborne dust. I have a chip extractor which I have replaced the cloth bag filter with the drum type which sits on top. Filters out much finer particles and connects to my table saw, planer/thicknesser, bobbin sander etc. Finally I have a Festool CT 25 mobile extractor for all my hand held power tools, which is extremely effective. I hook the Festool up to a cyclone dust collector which saves on filter bags, as the course stuff goes in to a separate collector, leaving the Festool bag to collect the fine dust. All in all, approaching £1000 but worth it for the environment in the workshop. Good luck.

Thread: new workshop
16/05/2011 13:12:54
Hello Novice

I strongly suggest you insulate the roof and walls and line with ply or similar. It will help to keep the damp to a minimum (which can play havoc with tools), and it will make it much more comfortable and easier to heat in the cold months. I also have a wall cupboard with a couple of 15 watt pygmy lights inside which are individually switchable. I keep all my glue's, finishes and abrasive's in here to keep them dry and frost free and instantly usable when wanted. There is nothing worse than damp abrasive that doesn't do it's job.

Another thing I suggest is a mobile working bench with lockable castor's. It can sit against the wall in normal use, but can be moved into the centre of the workshop if you want to use it as an assembly and/or timber preparation area, and can also be used to mount a chop saw (for example) if you have long pieces of timber to cut. My mobile bench is 6' x 3', but can be any combination. I have two shelves underneath which hold all my hand held power tools and bits, which means they are always easy to get to when you need them.

Whatever layout you decide, I bet you will be altering it in 12 months or so when you have thought of a better way of doing things - it's all part of the fun!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Robert Sorby
Triton
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Chippendale
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact