By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul Dennison

Here is a list of all the postings Paul Dennison has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Ryobi Table saw
10/11/2008 17:29:00
HI all can anybody HELP I need a spare part for the above mentioned machine all the web-sites that goole has givern have been no help at all Please can any one advise me on this THANKS Paul
Thread: The london woodworking show
27/03/2008 23:15:00

Hi everyone as I started this topic i feel now i should add a bit more. First i was not knocking the guys who put this show on. My points were the shoddy stalls  that were trying to sell car-boot junk ( come on binoculars at an International woodworking show) and the prices of refreshments?????. I don,t mind parting with the entrance fee or the forty odd quid petrol money to get there all i ask for is my monies worth. Years ago i was invited to a building show at birmingham N.E.C by a well known builders merchant. On show was everything from log cabins to tech drawing aids,i remember there was a four lane model racing car track at the show which had an endless queue of guys waiting for a go, there was beer on the coach, free breakfast on arrival and a bag of goodies from the merchant themselves and all for free. (Those were the days). ON a serious note you mentioned suggestions were wecome, How about a few celebrities (Tommy walsh-Alan herd to name two) Tommy has an army of female fans and Allen is a very Knowledgeable guy, you also have a gallery on site why not invite those who send in thier photos to exhibit thier projects at a show and the punters vote for a winner, what a great feeling for an amature woodworker to win "BEST OF SHOW".Thanks for all the replies from my first posting Happy woodworking Paul

Thread: Cutting & Jointing MFC (Melamine Faced Chipboard)
10/03/2008 21:55:00
HI I Have made a number kitchen units over the years and have found that a window scraper (the type with a stanley knife blade in) makes a perfect finish and so easy to control try it , its works
11/02/2008 20:10:00
Thanks for your support lads Lets hope someone takes note of what we,re saying ,and give us a good all round, multi choice,plenty of good old woodworking tales that will make us want to go to thier shows. By the way Oliver I also did the D&M show at Kempton park not a bad show at all all the best lads and happy woodworking
11/02/2008 13:03:00

HI ,May I through your forum page express how disapointed i was with the show I think The London Sunday market cum Boot sale Show would have been a more apt name. The venue cafe prices were a ripoff,(£1.25 for a paper cup of weak coffee,£1 for a warm can of coke need I go on).The americans with thier Highly informative and fantastic products must have wondered what they,ed  let them selfs infor. The signage for the entrance,parking,etc was non existant. Most of the stalls resembled that of someone had cleaned out thier garage of any and every bit of crap they could find to sell.Where were the Stanley & Toolbank type of guys. All I can say is, It was only Thanks to the likes of Andy King and the guy at the Aston Diamond Honing Blocks for thier FRIENDLY banter that saved my day from being a total waste. PLEASE AXMINSTER TOOLS if you read this can we have your show back. 

Thread: Ryobi Table saw
10/11/2008 17:29:00
HI all can anybody HELP I need a spare part for the above mentioned machine all the web-sites that goole has givern have been no help at all Please can any one advise me on this THANKS Paul
27/03/2008 23:15:00

Hi everyone as I started this topic i feel now i should add a bit more. First i was not knocking the guys who put this show on. My points were the shoddy stalls  that were trying to sell car-boot junk ( come on binoculars at an International woodworking show) and the prices of refreshments?????. I don,t mind parting with the entrance fee or the forty odd quid petrol money to get there all i ask for is my monies worth. Years ago i was invited to a building show at birmingham N.E.C by a well known builders merchant. On show was everything from log cabins to tech drawing aids,i remember there was a four lane model racing car track at the show which had an endless queue of guys waiting for a go, there was beer on the coach, free breakfast on arrival and a bag of goodies from the merchant themselves and all for free. (Those were the days). ON a serious note you mentioned suggestions were wecome, How about a few celebrities (Tommy walsh-Alan herd to name two) Tommy has an army of female fans and Allen is a very Knowledgeable guy, you also have a gallery on site why not invite those who send in thier photos to exhibit thier projects at a show and the punters vote for a winner, what a great feeling for an amature woodworker to win "BEST OF SHOW".Thanks for all the replies from my first posting Happy woodworking Paul

Thread: Cutting & Jointing MFC (Melamine Faced Chipboard)
10/03/2008 21:55:00
HI I Have made a number kitchen units over the years and have found that a window scraper (the type with a stanley knife blade in) makes a perfect finish and so easy to control try it , its works
11/02/2008 20:10:00
Thanks for your support lads Lets hope someone takes note of what we,re saying ,and give us a good all round, multi choice,plenty of good old woodworking tales that will make us want to go to thier shows. By the way Oliver I also did the D&M show at Kempton park not a bad show at all all the best lads and happy woodworking
11/02/2008 13:03:00

HI ,May I through your forum page express how disapointed i was with the show I think The London Sunday market cum Boot sale Show would have been a more apt name. The venue cafe prices were a ripoff,(£1.25 for a paper cup of weak coffee,£1 for a warm can of coke need I go on).The americans with thier Highly informative and fantastic products must have wondered what they,ed  let them selfs infor. The signage for the entrance,parking,etc was non existant. Most of the stalls resembled that of someone had cleaned out thier garage of any and every bit of crap they could find to sell.Where were the Stanley & Toolbank type of guys. All I can say is, It was only Thanks to the likes of Andy King and the guy at the Aston Diamond Honing Blocks for thier FRIENDLY banter that saved my day from being a total waste. PLEASE AXMINSTER TOOLS if you read this can we have your show back. 

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact