By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Pope

Here is a list of all the postings David Pope has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Reg Sherwin
13/01/2010 08:38:43
Hi Ray,

I got this link to Reg from Yell, hope it helps:

Dave

Thread: Good Woodworking Index
12/01/2010 20:04:09
Hi Marc,

Many thanks for the response; but as I stated the GWW (Good Woodworking) index stopped, I believe in 2005.  The point I was trying to make was that electronic indexes would, (hopefully), allow the use of searches, saving bucket loads of time and make the magazines more useful.
I would have thought that when you create a magazine one would need to know where articles are located to create the contents list that is near the beginning of the magazine.  As they are all produced on computers I guessed it would be relatively easy for the magazine maker to link those items to a database to create the index.  But not being in that game, maybe I am talking a load of old rubbish!

Regards

Dave
12/01/2010 16:49:10
Could we have an electronic index to Good Woodworking on the site please?
With an index it adds so much value to our stored copies.  If I want to look up some project I might be considering, e.g., 'building casement window frames', I do not really want to have to look thro' 5 years of mags to see if you have covered it.  I believe the last issue of the index in GWW mag. was in June 2005; that covered up to issue 157, (Feb. 2005)?

Regards

Dave

Thread: Is there an electronic index of articles that have appeared in GWW?
12/01/2010 13:33:01
Hi Ben,

Please could I add my request for the Good Woodworking index as well.  With an index it adds so much value to our stored copies.  If I want to look up to see if you have covered, say, 'building casement window frames' in the last 5 years I do not really want to have to look thro' that meany mags to find out.

Regards

Dave
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact