By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Andrew Clarke 4

Here is a list of all the postings Andrew Clarke 4 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Woodstar DC12 Dust/Chip Extractor
14/03/2010 19:58:56
Thank you once again gents for the kind welcome and all the information, I tried the ukwoodworking forum and was very surprised at the lack of responses, I am really pleased to have this site instead.

I finally tuck the plunge and ordered the Axminster ADE1200 Extractor along with a Axminster AW16BMES Bench Morticer, I cannot wait for the delivery!!

Marc, I will fill in my profile when I have a little more time, my current project is some planters for the front of the house to be followed by workshop bench with draws and cabinets to finally convert my garage to a workshop! After that I want to start work on a greenhouse/glasshouse I dug out the footings for the stone dwarf wall base last year but never got any further due to work committments!

Photos of all WIP will be taken and posted, thanks again for the advice and greetings.

Cheers,

Andy
Thread: Axminster AW16BMES Bench Morticer
14/03/2010 19:47:56
Thanks for the replies, I finally decided to bite the bullet and have ordered the mortiser as well as a Axminster ADE1200 Extractor!!! Cannot wait for delivery.

Rodger, any advice on purchasing a tenoning jig? I purchased a book with lots of different jig designs and was going to try to make a tenoning jig am I wasring my time and would it be better to buy one?

Cheers,

Andy.
12/03/2010 09:05:07
Hello Everyone,

Any one own one of these morticers and can offer any review/advice?

I have a proposed project this year to make/construct a timber glass house where there will be the need for lots of morticer & tenon joints.

Any information much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy
Thread: Woodstar DC12 Dust/Chip Extractor
12/03/2010 08:58:49
Hello Gents,

Thank you for the welcome greetings and also the advice/information, I thought I had come to a decision over which extractor to buy (Axminster ADE1200 Extractor) called the order line and had a chat with the technical helpline, only to find that they didnt think it would atach to my planner/thicknesser (int dia. 55mm).

I then spoke with NMA of Brighouse who sell the Woodstar unit and they say their unit will connect to my planner/thicknesser but may not connect to my table saw!!!

Is it just me or are things more complicated than thery need to be? Surely I dont have to buy to different machines??? I am confused, please help.

I will fill in my profile when I have a little bit more time, once again thank you for the replies and the warm welcome.

Andy

09/03/2010 21:03:36
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and also woodworking.

I have tried this question on another forum with no responses!

Does anyone have any info/advice on this extractor model?

I have a small workshop with table saw/planner/thickness and am looking for a simple dust/chipping extractor.

Cheers

Andy
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact