By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brianhr

Here is a list of all the postings Brianhr has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Low antique furniture prices
12/02/2010 19:35:59
There will only be a claim against the shop if you have an invoice which has the full description as stated by the shop.  ALWAYS, when buying antiques get an invoice showing the shop's description .   It is not necessarily the reproductions that get passed of as antiques but the age and period are frequently mis-stated.
Regarding auctions, I use house clearance auctions to obtain old furniture for recycling.  Usually it is oak but often pine and elm.  However I find the hammer price to be quite high, then having to pay 20% +VAT commission on top of that often puts it beyond my range.

Brian
Thread: Site problems
14/01/2010 20:29:07
Is there a problem?   I subscribed to the digital version of Woodworker and received an Email confirming the payment together with a subscriber number.  I immediately tried some of the Subscriber Only links.  One week later these links would not work although my personal details are correct.  I have sent 2 Emails asking about this glitch without a reply.  Any suggestions?  Do the 'powers that be' look at these posting, they dont appear to take any notice of Emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tool Post
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact