By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Brianhr

Here is a list of all the postings Brianhr has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Low antique furniture prices
12/02/2010 19:35:59
There will only be a claim against the shop if you have an invoice which has the full description as stated by the shop.  ALWAYS, when buying antiques get an invoice showing the shop's description .   It is not necessarily the reproductions that get passed of as antiques but the age and period are frequently mis-stated.
Regarding auctions, I use house clearance auctions to obtain old furniture for recycling.  Usually it is oak but often pine and elm.  However I find the hammer price to be quite high, then having to pay 20% +VAT commission on top of that often puts it beyond my range.

Brian
Thread: Site problems
14/01/2010 20:29:07
Is there a problem?   I subscribed to the digital version of Woodworker and received an Email confirming the payment together with a subscriber number.  I immediately tried some of the Subscriber Only links.  One week later these links would not work although my personal details are correct.  I have sent 2 Emails asking about this glitch without a reply.  Any suggestions?  Do the 'powers that be' look at these posting, they dont appear to take any notice of Emails!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Robert Sorby
Wood Workers Workshop
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact