By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Nevin

Here is a list of all the postings David Nevin has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Circular wooden column
20/12/2016 10:01:22

Derek

Many thanks for the input have put on back burner till after Christmas

David

14/12/2016 10:36:39

Julian Many thanks for your input Will work on contacting the local wood turning club

Many Thanks

David

13/12/2016 11:55:00

Gents As i have no lathe or friends with one can anybody advise were I can get

a 6 inch by 24 inch long wooden roller from. This is to help a friend who is trying to rebuild an old washing hand mangle

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

David N

Thread: Wooden Mullions replacement
12/09/2016 10:59:47

Thanks for the inputs much appreciated..Have made a sample with my existing router bits but angle

not quite correct will look at Trend - Wealdon tools to see if they have any closer angled bits

Thanks for help

David

08/09/2016 16:41:54

Photo of the Door mullion molding I require

Any suggestionsimg_0591.jpg

05/09/2016 12:12:33

Can anybody help I have been asked to replace wooden mullions on an outside door Can anybody suggest a supplier that does these wooden mouldings I could make them but if there is a supply out there I would prefer to purchase

Any help would be appreciated the only site I could find was in the states

Thanks

David

Thread: Relay Parquet Flooring tiles
18/10/2015 13:23:38

Steve a bit late with this request but finally made the parquet tiles

What manufactures bitumen did you use if it stuck yours down thats the one I would like to use

Many thanks for your help

Regards

David

Thread: Oak Dinning Room Table top how to join together
16/10/2015 11:36:58

Many thanks for your advice I am at present planning down the last plank from rough sawn oak

This will take some time as boy is it heavy.. Will look at gluing together some time in December as I will be

Away in Australia till then leaving the family at home

Will post pictures as I progress

12/10/2015 15:40:26

I am doing an oak dinning room table for my daughter Rustic was the words she used,

I have 5 planks of seasoned oak 1850 x 210 x 35 mm I have to joint these together question is what is the best way

I have considered using biscuits double down the length or using a stretcher under neath the top to join all 5 planks together after just using glue

What advise can you give me as i have not done this size of top before

Many thanks for any help

Regards

David N

Thread: Relay Parquet Flooring tiles
05/10/2015 10:36:15

No problem personal advice is always the best

Thanks

David

03/10/2015 10:06:17

Steve many thanks problem solved will use bitumen

Regards

David

01/10/2015 11:38:06

I have to relay some new parquet flooring tiles I have made out of Mahogany the old tiles were laid with bitumen but have been told that is not allowed in houses anymore can anybody suggest what adhesive to use

Many Thanks

David

Thread: Oak Dinning Room Table how to do ends
18/09/2015 09:57:38

Gent Many thanks for your inputs will show you finished item

which I would like to finish over the winter period

Thanks

David N

15/09/2015 11:16:05

I am in a the process of doing an oak table but unsure how to finish the ends of the table I think its call bread boarding so as to allow the wood to move

I have searched the web but not come up with anything as yet so can you advise manufacture -what type of joint

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

David N

Thread: Fine Woodworking Magazine
23/07/2015 09:48:32

If you contact the publishers in the USA Taunton they sell back copies the web site has a list of back copies for sale

Regards

David Nevin

Thread: external oak door and frame, what finish?
23/07/2015 09:44:02

Many Thanks have found his web site

David N

Thread: Adhesive
22/07/2015 13:07:41

I have to glue side new side pieces to table at my golf club nominally I would use Till bond but have been recommended to use contact adhesive

any help or suggestions please

Thanks

David Nevin

Thread: external oak door and frame, what finish?
22/07/2015 13:00:37

Russell just seen your post I used Danish oil but the question I would like to ask is were did you get your French Oak from I am doing an oak table and need to get some French Oak to match up with what I have my original supply has dried up any help would be appreciated

Regards

David Nevin

Thread: Pocket Hole Jigs
07/01/2015 11:31:04

Many thanks for all your advice I have purchased the UJK pocket jig from axminster they hadt it online for £114 but spotted another supplier offering it for 98.95 chatted with Axminster online and they agreed to price match with no problem will send photos of the wardrobe fitted in alcove when completed WHEN the weather improves

its too cold in my workshop

But many thanks for the help

David

03/01/2015 15:56:27

Many thanks for your replies I think I will get the UKJ jig as it look more substantial than the kreg

will try out on MDF when I get the jig and see if they hold

Have some wardrobe to make in a very odd shape alcove so hope this jig will help

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Chippendale
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Tormek
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact