By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Delete

Here is a list of all the postings Delete has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: New Yankee Workshop
18/12/2007 18:20:00

Is anyone interested in viewing the latest Seasons of the New Yankee Workshop. The ones not shown on Discovery Real Time.

There are one or two of us who have brought the DVD's over from the USA so we can enjoy the shows which have not been seen over here. If you are interestedplease get in touch. I should point out that we are not into piracey we each buy a DVD and lend it to the other couple of people in the group.

Thread: Instructions
17/12/2007 19:20:00

I think you will find on the legal question re instructions. Ask the question " Can the machine be used safely without instructions or the poor ones supplied. If the answer is no then they could be breaking some regulations. Is the machine CE marked?

Phone Ian Styles at Axminster and ask him what he thinks. It would be interesting to hear his response. Also a call to trading Standards might be interesting.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do

Thread: Lathe copying jig wanted....
17/12/2007 18:17:00

Mark

If you visit the Rockler.com web site and search on Lathe Duplicator you will find a picture. There are also some Reviews.

You will find that any duplicator will need some setup. The cutters will need to be tuned as well. The Rockler cutters art a Bullnose cutter and this is not ideal for all jobs.

You say you are in the south west. Where?

I am also in the south west South Devon to be precise.

Thread: workshop insurance
12/12/2007 23:48:00
This is a service which Magicalia could perhaps get involved with. They should have enough clout to get some Insurance Broker interested in the business.
Thread: Lathe copying jig wanted....
12/12/2007 23:45:00

Mark

I got a Lathe duplicator from the USA a Company Called Rockler's can supply one. They supply a lot of things to Norm. It is quite a weight and would cost a lot to get it sjipped. However combining a Holliday and collect one might work for you. It did for me a few years ago I went to Texas to visit My Daughter. First stop was the Rockler Shop in Huston to collect the duplicator which had been booked in advance. A great bit of Kit

Thread: New Yankee Workshop
12/12/2007 23:32:00
How many Fans of Norm are out there. We saw lots at Exeter a few years ago. It would be great to see Norm in the UK again. It will only happen if we (the Fans) make enough noise. Even then it will cost a lot to get the man here again. How about it who want to see him and is there any company which would like to sponsor the visit. How about Axminster or Yandles or even Magicalia. Lets hear your comments.
Thread: P.U.glue.
12/12/2007 23:07:00
I use Pu glue and Epoxy Resin a lot and I have got in the habit of using Gloves. It can be a pain but if you get in the habbit you dont end up a member of the Black Hand Gang. (I always wondered what Jimmy Clithero meant by The Black Hand Gang. now I know)
12/12/2007 23:05:00
kkk
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Transwave 2017
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Marriott & Co
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Chippendale
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact