By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Delete

Here is a list of all the postings Delete has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Another weekend of under-achievment??
23/03/2008 18:10:00
I think I will do likewise
23/03/2008 16:00:00
Now now Derek I only have 2 and the machine got some of the best write ups. So Yar Boo Shucks Etc to 3.
23/03/2008 13:45:00
Now why didn't I think of that.  Thats why we have a Forum to exchange Ideas and advice. Well done Olly
21/03/2008 23:31:00

Olly

I got a Wet sharpener some time ago and got a jig to carry the Planer knives. I have found it invaluable because no matter how careful you are there are times when some foreign body gets at the knives and puts a den in them.

I recon the grinder must have paid for itself by now

Good luck for tomorow.

Thread: Computer drawing
20/03/2008 01:03:00

Mike

I totally agree with you. Tech drawing allows you to communicate a design to others. If you have an idea its in your head. If you can see it in your minds eye then you dont need much more than an idea of the dimensions.

Some of the best ideas have been done on table napkins and the back of envelopes.

Re your steaming problem I now see what you are up to I recon that the "flat surfaces" would be best laminated. I think I would try a few experiments with a steamer and develop a technique.

Have you managed to see the New Yankee WOrkshop Bent wood Hat Rack?

Thread: manual
20/03/2008 00:42:00

Jeffrey

I have just tried the link from this page and it will lead you to a map then you selece UK and it will then ask Black and Decker or Dewalt when you select dewalt you will see the manual section in the middle of the page.

20/03/2008 00:37:00

Jeffrey

Below is a link which dewalt imply has all their manuals. You will need to enter the main part of the catalogue number as it appears on the rating plate of your product:

https://service.toolcommerce.com/Products/SearchManuals.aspx

I hope this helps. Please let me know

Thread: Record Power release economical bandsaw
16/03/2008 18:49:00

As with any maching Decide what you can afford put some extra cash in even if that means a bit of saving and get the best machine you can afford.

I was lucky enough to come across a large MiniMax it was second hand but in prety good condition. I wanted to be able to resaw and profile timber 9" wide. On edge this created a problem for most of the saws around £500.

This machine looks good for the price. I wonder what the reliability will be like.

Thread: Drum Sanders
14/03/2008 02:05:00

I was lucky enough to get hold of a SIP Drum sander

It revolves at quite a slow speed but it does have an oscilating motion as well.

The only problem I find is the Sip and the Jet only have 3 drums. However with some metal machining and parts from other makes and sizes you can make some drums of different sizes.

After the tennioning jig probably one of the best things I got.

Thread: Pictures in the gallery and forum.
12/03/2008 14:18:00

WIlf

I may be able to help you without moving clocks etc. Let me know

Thread: settle (4) inside.jpg
10/03/2008 20:24:00
Vikki does the bowls and fidely bits I do the repetion things like drawer knobs and Rocking Horse stands
10/03/2008 16:40:00
OOCH
10/03/2008 16:39:00
and whats more she has a flash visor with an air blower fitted (she looks like a Spacemans mate when she is wearing it)
10/03/2008 16:38:00
Well the lathe does belong to my wife in the first place.
07/03/2008 22:57:00
Yes you bet
07/03/2008 21:39:00
Forked stick Your'e lucky I have to get my wife to hold it. for me.
Thread: Another weekend of under-achievment??
07/03/2008 21:30:00
There is a similar system called Cedar strip. All the Cedar is machined to the same size perhaps 2 x 1. On the thin edges one is machined with a bulnose and the other with a concave of the same radius as the bul nose. The strips then fit together and can be formed into quite good curves. It was used in building wooden boats. The strips were glued together using Epoxy resin.
Thread: Pictures in the gallery and forum.
06/03/2008 18:38:00
Thanks Derek I may find that of use for my own web site where some of the pictures are big and take an age to down load on slow systems.
Thread: The Woodworking Channel (Internet TV)
06/03/2008 18:36:00
I believe the Woodworking Channel has some more changes on the way to complete their relaunch.
Thread: Axminster's new catalogue
06/03/2008 18:22:00

I guess that one factor could be. The items which are not very popular may have been bought in some time ago and are still priced at the same. However popular items which have been restocked have had price increases levied by the manufacturer which are passed on.

I have found that things in general in the USA cost in $ what we pay here in £. So we pay twice the price in the UK. Well just to buck the trend I got an email today from a American company, Garrettt Wade offering a 333 piece drill set for $90 all but a few cents. At 2$ to the £ roughly that is £45, well I bought the same item from a company in the UK for about £30 all be it some time ago.

I have to say that whenever I have had dealings with Axminster I have always felt that I have been well looked after and not been asked to pay over the odds. Mind you it would have been nice to get a 50% discount. But then we do live in the real world, don't we.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact