By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Delete

Here is a list of all the postings Delete has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Brian's Walnut & glass TV stand
25/11/2009 10:34:13
Nice job looks almost Japanese.
Thread: help
24/11/2009 19:52:46
I bought a Record twin motor unit and set up a plastic soil pipe system to a small shed outside the workshop. I also put my compressors in the shed. With some insulation it keep the noise outside the workshop and does not get complaints from the neighbours.
Thread: Makita 2704 Table Saw
24/11/2009 19:48:38
Julian

If the Shim works dont wory about replacing it.. If the Shim is made and fits properly, not just a piece of Fag packet stufed under a corner it should be OK. SHims are good engineering practice and often used.

Thread: Hello - and some advice please!
24/11/2009 19:39:14
Hi Admiral
Have you considered lowering the floor to make it level and give decent head room. I am guesing it has a stone base if it is victorian.
Dust extraction has been mentioned. I dont know if you are able to put the extraction unit outside the cellar. This could give you a little more room and save transporting dusty bags through the house. It would also get some of the noise outside.
The Band saw is a good starting point and as always I would say get the largest you can cope with, in price and height which again is a constraint.
Consider second hand machines they can be very good value for money. Is your space is limited I find having machines on dolleys or wheels most helpfull but with a sloping floor could be a problem. Which brings me back to sorting the floor.
Whatever you decide I am certain you will get all the help you need from this Forum
Good luck
Thread: Butterfly Table Extension Mechanism.
19/11/2009 18:55:37
Hi Chris
If you are refering to the Buterfly table made by Norm in the New Yankee Workshop and want to keep it the same you will fing the Hardware in the USA at

I have found them very helpful.

Rog
Thread: Hardwood suppliers
19/11/2009 18:47:26
Hi Deano

One supplier not exactly on your doorstep but in my book not too far.
R A Bampton , Four Maries Yard, Vespasian Road, Bittern Mannor, Southampton
Phone 02380 223937.
I have used them for about 15 years and have never caught them out, they have always had what I wanted Walnut Maple Mahogony Teak whatever. Their prices are reeasonable as well.
Good luck

Rog
Thread: help
18/11/2009 20:53:40
Hi Chris and welcome. I think you will get as many sugestions as replies. I bought a Schepech following an article in Woodworker. I am very happy with it they do come up on the second hand market from time to  time.

Edited By Roger B on 18/11/2009 21:03:25

Thread: Workshop cyclone 3
18/11/2009 20:46:22
Charlie.

All the skills you need you have as a woodworker. Welding or tin bashing is not required. The whole thing could be made from Ply with the frame in the outside to support it. Just look at a Cyclone and think how can I build that. Try to think outside the box

Thread: Panel Raising Router Bit / Advice
17/11/2009 00:24:49
Kevin

Probably the best router table is the New Yankee Workshop Super Router table.

It has a good dust extraction set up. A good fence system. Lots of storage. It is easy to build as well.

Edited By Roger B on 17/11/2009 00:25:11

Thread: SIP 01332 Blades
15/11/2009 02:31:54
When it comes to Saw blade and bits like reducing bushes I always use CRM Saws in Waterlooville Hants.
http://www.crmsaw.co.uk/index.html

Although I am more than 150 miles from them they ar as good as round the corner A phone call and what I want is in the post. I send a blade and it is sharpened and returned.
Give them a call where ever you are.
Thread: Demo Air Net
15/11/2009 02:18:40
Hi Olly

I am afraid I dont like the idea. it would appear that there is a lot of dust being blown into the atmosphere. Only som of it will get sucked into the colection bag. The operator was not wearing a mask.
I think a suction systen from either a Shop Vac or a Collection systen conected to the tool and the use of a mask will be a beter bet.
15/11/2009 02:06:16
Steve

These units look interesting. Only small problem is the size of the colection bag. If there are any chippings in the collection it will soon fill up.
15/11/2009 01:57:06
Charlie

I guess the price you are talking about is right. We usually pay in the UK £ for $ in the USA. Forget exchange rates. Brimarc were selling New Yankee Plans for £10.95 If I am not misteaken. The USA price was $10.95.
Thread: Mahogany & Oak trinket box
15/11/2009 01:38:43
The rice in Sushi is presed in a box. TO make it easy to remove the rice the sides can be lifted on the base. Probably no a lot of call for it in the UK. Unless you like Sushi of course.
Thread: Saw vice
15/11/2009 01:35:03
I have used both a workmate and a bench vice with two pieces of timber to hold the Saw when sharpening. The important thing is to hold the saw straight and firm, Whilst allowing easy acces with the sharpening file. Not Rocket science.
13/11/2009 22:41:28
Steve h

It is quite easy to make a GRP cone The cylinder pare is the more tricky part. As the resin cures it will shrink a fraction making the release more difficult. There are ways to make the former or mould so it can be removed without a problem or you scrap it. The two parts can then be bonded together. Simples as Alexander would say.
Thread: Mahogany & Oak trinket box
13/11/2009 22:34:31
Marc

Your design is a little like a Sushi Press. Very nice Job.

Rog
Thread: CUBIC MEASUREMENT
13/11/2009 22:31:43
Ged
Cant you take it to Spain or is there some restriction on importing Timber?
There are Yacht transporters which have room on the trailer which might be worth considering. May bee you have looked at that sort of deal.
What area in Spain are you?

Roger
11/11/2009 00:22:13
In a Nut shell Keith Smith built a cyclone. I believe he found it worked OK. However I dont know if he would reccomend any modifications to improve the efficiency.
Where he had a problem was in releasing the Moulding from the mould. This is a common problem with GRP work.
I have been considering making a cyclone myself. If the job was to make one then a sacrifical mould is in order. On the other hand if several people want a cyclone it may be worth making tools to produce the number required.
I have done no costings but I cant think it would be anything like the £1000 mentioned.
From my point of view if it cant be made for £250 of less I dont want to know.
Its one of those jobs which is on the list but not at the top. When I have finished another job I will look at it and see what the cost would be.
Anyone interested can always let me know
Thread: Sheared Screw
11/11/2009 00:07:36
I have jus come accros a set of screw extractors in the Snappy range. Woodworking tools as oposed to Engineering. They were hiding in the workshop and I had forgoten all about them. Must have been a Christmas present.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Craft Supplies
Transwave 2017
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Triton
D&M Tools
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact