By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Doug

Here is a list of all the postings Doug has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: box joint jigs
23/07/2013 16:56:31

Hi Gerald.

Have you tried looking on you tube?

A quick search for Leigh joints bought up this **LINK**

I find you tube quite handy for instructional videos though not knowing much about the Leigh gear I don`t know if it`s appropriate to what you want.

Cheers.

Doug.

Edited By Doug Barratt on 23/07/2013 16:58:10

Thread: Who Said I'm Early
17/07/2013 21:47:22

I love him Derek, great carving & paint job thumbs up though I`m not ready to give up this glorious weather just yet, Xmas can wait. face 23

Cheers.

Doug.

Thread: changed loyalties
15/07/2013 16:03:20
Posted by Derek Lane on 14/07/2013 14:03:29:
Posted by Doug Barratt on 14/07/2013 10:34:25:

Perhaps we`ll have to upgrade to Festool dont know face 21

Doug.

You both must be earning too muchwink 2wink 2wink 2teeth 2.

funnily enough that`s something the good lady wife has never said to me face 1face 23

14/07/2013 10:34:25

Hope you have better luck with the DeWalt Alan.

I`m surprised the Makita let you down I`ve been using them since they first came out 6 odd years ago & have only had 1 battery die, though I think that was more to do with ingress of dust into the battery`s electronics sad

I don`t think you`re alone with having battery problems, my nephew swapped from Metabo to Bosch after similar problems to yourself. I was put off Bosch after having a new drill driver set on fire whilst using it, (though to be fair Bosch replaced it straight away) I myself swapped from Dewalt to Makita after issues with Dewalt`s batteries, so perhaps it`s just one of those things none of them are perfect.

Perhaps we`ll have to upgrade to Festool dont know face 21

Cheers.

Doug.

Thread: combination machines
14/07/2013 10:00:01

Hi Richard.

I should have added that if you are interested in a Hammer machine, get in touch with them & they will try & arrange a viewing for you with an owner of the type of machine you`re interested in within your locality.

Another make you might be interested in is SCM, I`m currently using one on site at a church conversion, it`s a Mini Max, though I don`t know the model number.

It is an older machine, very robust though a little undersized but I`m sure there would be larger more modern  models.

Cheers.

Doug.

Edited By Doug Barratt on 14/07/2013 10:02:28

Thread: Small jobs
12/07/2013 18:01:39

They really are very nice Derek, lovely ideas thumbs up

Cheers.

Doug.

Thread: combination machines
12/07/2013 13:31:06

I can only comment on the C3 31 as last year I was employed to do a lot of work on a large property & this machine was supplied for the conversion & preparation of sawn hardwood into differing components. It was also used for breaking down sheet materials.

I found the machine capable of everything it was asked to do, It was straight forward to use, easy to set up & very accurate.

I was so impressed with the build quality & preformance that I`ve ordered the Hammer saw/spindle combination machine for my own workshop.

I would also add when buying new machines from Hammer they are made to order so are not available immediately, there is usually a 8-10 week lead time.

Cheers.

Doug

Thread: Rattled
12/06/2013 18:41:46

You don`t look old enough to have a great grandson Derek, congratulations.

Lovely rattle.

Cheers.

Doug.

Thread: Ash Box
06/06/2013 23:04:23

Very nice Derek.

Cheers.

Doug.

Thread: Coloured Platters & Bowls
06/06/2013 23:02:58

Like them all Mark, the last 3 inparticular.

Cheers.

Doug.

Thread: Honesty is the best policy
14/05/2013 21:48:15

If you got £116 after that description Bob then my mum was right & there is one born every minute crook

Got me wondering what tat i could sell smiley

Thread: What a read
14/05/2013 21:31:06

Which was your favourite thread question

Thread: Has Get woodorking been hack
09/04/2013 18:13:22

Hi Ron

I don`t for one minute think it`s genuine, I`ve had to edit my post & remove the email as it was making my post go full screen through the adverts.

Cheers.

Doug.

09/04/2013 18:01:28

ed.

I`ve had an email purporting to be from Dennis Wake asking for money to get back from the Philippines as he`s been robbed.

The only link between Dennis & myself is this site, I don`t have Dennis`s email address & I don`t think Dennis has mine.

If it is genuine then I`m sorry mate but if I had that kind of money I`d be on holiday myself.

Can anyone from Get woodworking shed any light on this.

Doug.

Edited By Doug Barratt on 09/04/2013 18:10:35

Thread: Finished at last
27/01/2013 21:32:00

Excellent Derek.

Regards.

Thread: Circular saw - Table saw conversion Advice needed
13/01/2013 23:07:00

There`s a piece of advice I was given when I first got a bandsaw & that was always throw away the blade that comes with a new saw.

It`s good advice as both of the bandsaws I`ve bought have had very poor blades supplied with them & they were both different makes.

Cheers.

Thread: Dark oak stain
13/01/2013 08:47:56

Whilst possibly a little late, prior to staining it`s a good idea to apply a coat of sanding sealer that is compatible with the stain. This will seal the surface & so help prevent uneven absorption of the stain.

Cheers

Thread: Quenching the fire
13/01/2013 08:41:03

Impressive Derek.

Will you be painting it?

Cheers.

Thread: Jardinaire
08/01/2013 22:58:46

Can`t help with the plan Richard, but very nice Jardinaire.

Cheers.

Thread: Circular saw - Table saw conversion Advice needed
08/01/2013 22:56:46

Personally i stick with using the bandsaw with a good quality blade. Ian from Tuff saws is the bloke to ask about a suitable blade for the job in hand.

**LINK**

Cheers.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact