By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Richard Kennedy

Here is a list of all the postings Richard Kennedy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Lime bowl
29/08/2010 17:37:36
Lime is great to use it turns easily takes a good finish its maybe a little soft but it cuts well and for piercing its fab!
Thread: Interception
29/08/2010 17:34:57
This is Horse Chestnut about 150mm x 110mm The surface is dimpled using a reciprocating carver (axminster) with the back end of a burr attached. The burr had a rounded end which makes lovely dimples! Then the piece is sealed and sprayed and finally the same back end of burr is put in a rotary handpiece which I use to cut back through the paint to give the design

Any more questions just ask! 
Thread: Comet IV
29/08/2010 17:29:45
Hi Baz thanks for posting the pictures I haven't got the hang of this forum yet!  This is a piece of Lime its about 160mm x 90mm ish I don't measure how long they take but I would guess about 15 hours give or take The piercing is slow to do as I try to keep it really compact and I spend quite a bit of time get rid of the fuzzies! 

Thanks for posting this if you have any other questions just ask! 
Thread: Comments welcomed
29/08/2010 13:42:42
I have just added some new pictures to my album would love to hear your comments! Thanks 

Richard 
Thread: wivamac 801vario
11/04/2010 10:41:29
Has anyone got, or has anyone used a wivamac 801vario? 

If so could you let me know what you think of it. I have heard conflicting reports about wivamac in general but the size and capacity of this lathe are Ideal for my tiny workshop However I don't want to splash the cash without getting a little info first All thought are welcome!

Richard 
Thread: Richard's competition entry
22/03/2010 22:15:55
Derek Thanks for posting Sorry I didn't see this earlier to reply!

Richard
Thread: Richard's new turned bowl
22/03/2010 22:14:28
Alan hi I am currently using a beauticians nail polishing machine to pierce my work I also use an axminster flexi shaft multi tool The walls are about 2mm thick maybe a little more. I am glad you like it

Thanks for commenting

Richard
22/03/2010 00:31:50
Thanks mark
Thread: Richard's competition entry
17/03/2010 14:54:56
Ralph there is no need to apologise!

Ideas come from everywhere I look at lots of different types of art, wildlife, architecture, things in magazines sometimes I just see what happens although recently I have had to try and be a bit more organised! what with the exhibition and things I needed to have a plan If I see something that gives me an idea I try and photograph it then stick the picture on my workshop wall I have loads of pics so when I need an idea for a shape or texture they are there on the wall!

Thanks again for your kind words!

Richard
17/03/2010 00:43:40
Hi everyone I am sorry I didn't see this thread until now Yes this is my competition entry I thank you all for your comments. It took me about 4 days to pierce, carve and texture and wasn't intended to be my entry. I started a pierced bowl (like the black one in my album with geometric piercing) however about 3 days in it blew up They usually take about 10 days to make so I knew I didn't have time to start another so I had almost given up the idea of entering but on the Saturday before the show weekend I changed my mind and decided to have a go I haven't ever tried to enter a competition and so having decided to have a go I had to pull out all the stops to get it finished. I put about 8-9 hours a day in to get it finished in time the trees are drawn on free hand then pierced out then I use a ball burr to round over the branches then sand each branch so it is as round as possible then using a pyrography I add the texture to the trees.

Finishing on wednesday evening I then had to work out how to get it from Durham to London before 12.00 on Saturday I was finally put in touch with Margaret Garrard (who actually won the prestige event) she lives about 30 miles from me I had never met her before but rang in the off chance she would take it. She agreed (thanks M) and so on Thursday morning I went and delivered it to her and she to the show. 

I guess I was a bit disappointed it wasn't placed but it just means I need to try harder next time!

Anyway thanks again for your kind comments

Richard
Thread: Get Woodworking live 2010 turning competition
15/03/2010 10:56:34
Have the winners been announced yet? I would love to see the winning photos!

Richard
Thread: Dennis's Competition entry
14/03/2010 23:12:13
Does anyone know / have pics of what won?

I have just read the other post  winners to be announced tomorrow!

Edited By Richard Kennedy on 14/03/2010 23:17:58

Thread: Just joined!
10/11/2009 17:32:05
Hi everyone.

Thanks very much for commenting I will try and give more info about my work soon. If you have any specific questions please get in touch here or through e-mail.

Thanks again

Richard
10/11/2009 10:45:50
Hi Just wanted to say hi. I am new to this forum. I have uploaded some of my latest work to an album Please take a look I would love to know what you all think!

Richard
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Craft Supplies
Wood Workers Workshop
Transwave 2017
Marriott & Co
Felder UK April 2016
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
D B Keighley
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact