By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sam

Here is a list of all the postings Sam has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sawdust and offcut burners
12/01/2012 23:10:51
Evening Mailee , I am either looking at the big one or the next one down , but not sure at the moment as I am about to expand in to a bigger workshop soon so I can take on bigger orders that up until now I have had to turn down .

But to be honest I used to install stoves for a living when I left school and I know exactly what you mean re cost of the flue pipe etc ,, If I were you I would skip the stuff you find on the net and go to your nearest Mole Valley as their stuff is good quality and as cheap as you will find . The main thing is to make sure any combustible surfaces near by are protected .

I am willing to put myself out on a limb and say that my Father inlaw owns a steel fabrication company and said he would make me one for far less as the principle is very simple regarding the workings ( or lack off ) . I dont expect to be doing anything about until next autum but if you can too and I can prove mine works I could possibly arrange for one to be made for you too .
We are based down at Yeovil so not to far from you to arrange delivery or pick up ,

Kind Regards Sam
12/01/2012 21:43:02
Hi Jim , here is one that I am looking at buying , but albeit the bigger one , just have a look at their other items

Kind regards Sam
Thread: new to forum and woodworking
08/01/2012 19:00:50
Welcome Toppa . , Dont worry about asking stupid questions , we all had to start somewhere ! . .But if you are looking for good points of reference , try your local library as I have 3 localy and have cleared them out several times . And I am always diving in to Charity shops as they are a great source of reference books at a cost of a couple of quid each .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: is it tight enough?
08/01/2012 18:55:07
From what I can understand , each blade will be different . ie , different blade widths require different tensions .On my Record BS400 it has a guage ( through a window ) as a rough guide to what tension you are achieving , not 100% accurate but close enough .

Kind regards sam
Thread: 2012 SHOWS
07/01/2012 11:43:54
And dont forget

Yandles Spring Show 2012
Friday 13th & Saturday 14th April 2012 (10am-4pm)
One of the Uk's biggest woodworking shows, always popular with demonstrators and customers.
  • We have one of the largest number of woodworking related trade stands to be found at a UK Woodworking Show
  • We cater for both amateur and professional users
  • Another great line-up of top demonstrators
  • Timber Sale
  • Hobby Shop Sale
  • Woodworking Centre Sale
  • Arts & Crafts Demonstrations and Sale
  • Woodworking Machinery Demonstrations and Sale
  • Powertool Demonstrations & Sale
  • Craft Gallery
  • Refreshment Marquee & Coffee Shop
  • FREE Entry
  • FREE Parking
Thread: Small oak kitchen table
04/01/2012 19:48:47
Very nice indeed buddy . I do like the grain pattern in the top alot , , As you say I think that Danish would be best and not hide the grain pattern either . Very nice

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Couple of bowls
02/01/2012 19:33:33
Evening Derek , I do like the Whirlpool one very much , If I can be as cheeky as to ask , how did you pierce and cut the grooves in it .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Bust Bandsaw
02/01/2012 19:18:01
I think that that type of welding is known as "bird S##T " ......what does not help is the crap quality of the electro plated galvanizing they carry out these days . any slight ripple in the weld and the moisture in the air will hit the weld and cause oxidization . And when there was obviously not enough heat in the weld they may aswell have used blue tack .

But that said , good luck with your tuesday mission and seriously doubt they would want a fuss made over that as it "could" prove to be faulty batch of machines that "could" potentially cause serious injury to persons using the machines and would be grateful of the chance to recall any faulty units in the interest of the safety of their customers !

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Keyed or Keyless chuch
23/11/2011 18:38:50
I cant vouch for different chucks but my Hitachi Drill ( pistol drill ) and it has a hand chuck , but when it is done up tight you revolve another sleeve on the chuck and that locks it tight . Never had it come undone , But I am not sure you can buy them as an after Market type fitting but worth looking in too .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Cutting board
21/11/2011 23:17:37
Personaly I use alot of PVA D3 as it has never let me down , but dont buy that cheap rubbish from DIY stores !! PVA D3 is waterproof so Ideal for chopping boards . I use Tung Oil to finish my boards , Minimum 3 coats or more the better .

Oh and who ever ends up with it , make sure you point out NOT to put it in the dish washer , as I had some one bring one back complaining it had split .........Yes after I got her to admit she had steam cleaned it at about 60 degrees plus in the dish washer ....No refund there !!

Kind regards Sam
Thread: 360 Slew machine operative Wanted
20/11/2011 20:42:12
Good evening all , I know not wood working . But in a bit of a mess as my usual contractor is going through a messy divorce and can not travel up with us .

I have a contract for a job in Basingstoke . I am looking for some one who has the relevant ticket for a 360 slew . It will only be a 1 1/2 tonner . The person must be CIS registered and hold a CSCS ticket too . It will be between 1 and 2 weeks work , and will start on the 5th of december . I have arranged a hire machine for the job .

It is excavating base ,, putting together re-bar cages , concreteing . If you are or know anyone who may be interested please PM me with details .

Kind regards Sam

Thread: Bits n Bobs
19/11/2011 23:33:43
Good evening Gerry . I do like the spalted bowl as it is a great example of spalting and the shape is well justified ..Nice piece especially considering you are only using one hand .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Triton MOF001 problem
12/11/2011 13:37:12
Hi , try contacting them at www.tritontools.com/ContactUs .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Earring stand & weather station
06/11/2011 20:16:50
Very nice work there Simon , got to say that purple heart was not really my taste but the way you have finished the Earring stands does great justice to the wood . Pass Go and collect £200 .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: 5 MONTHS LATER
05/11/2011 13:36:24
I know the feeling , when we moved in to our house ,my current workshop was my father inlaws workshop and it took him two months to collect all his motorcycle stuff and it was very frustrating . You have my sympathy

Kind regards Sam
Thread: A very tempting email
28/10/2011 20:03:26
Well , it has to be said , After much deliberating I have chosen to take up the offer , as I dont have anything to loose , so I replied

I simply sent them my details

Bank Account details

Account No 1234 5678

Sort Code 66 69 99

Bank --- Royal bank of Iceland

Date of Birth 25 - 12 - 0000

Name Mr J Christ

Religion Christian

Only Kidding , But I can see why some desperate person in a weak frame of mind could be sucked in and send them bank account details . It wouldn't be so bad if the spelling and grammar was so abysmal ..

As for being "CONFIDENTIAL" , I am more than happy to share the kind offer with my good friends LOL

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Birthday boy
27/10/2011 21:01:13
If it is true , then happy birthday from me tooooooooo

Kind regards Sam
Thread: A very tempting email
27/10/2011 20:15:17
Here is the content of a recent email I received , how tempted I was BUT it is not enough money for me to be interested , if any one want the email address I will happily forward it on

WRITING AND SENT BY: Mrs MARINA PUTEKA
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER
BANK OF AFRICA (B-O-A) OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO.

CONFIDENTIAL

I am Mrs. Marina Puteka; the Manager in charge of Bill & Exchange section of Bank Of Africa, (B-O-A) Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso in West Africa with due respect and regard. I have decided to contact you on a business transaction that will be very beneficial to both of us at the end of the transaction.

During our investigation and auditing in this bank, my department came across a very huge sum of money belonging to a deceased person who died on 6th December 2003 in a plane crash and the fund has been dormant in his account with this Bank without any claim of the fund in our custody either from his family or relation before our discovery to this development.

Although, I personally keep the information within myself to enable the whole plans and ideas be Profitable and successful during the time of clearance from the Bank custody.

The said amount was $21.5m dollars (TWEENTY ONE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND US dollars) You can see the below web site for your clarifications of the incident leading to PAUL LOUIS HALLEY Death:

http://newswww.bbc.net.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/oxfordshire/4537663.stm

Meanwhile all the whole arrangement to put claim over this fund as the bona fide next of kin to the deceased, get the required approval and transfer this money to a foreign account has been put in place and directives and needed information will be relayed to you as soon as you indicate your interest and willingness to assist us and also benefit your self to this great business opportunity.
In fact I could have done this deal alone but because of my position in this country as a civil servant (A Banker), we are not allowed to operate a foreign account and would eventually raise an eye brow on my side during the time of transfer because I work in this bank.

This is the actual reason why it will require a second party or fellow who will forward claims, and I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free. On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 40% of the total sum as gratification, while 60% will be for me. Please, you have been advised to keep "secret" as I am still in service and intend to retire from service after I conclude this deal with you.

I will be monitoring the whole situation here in this bank until you confirm the money in your account and ask me to come down to your country for subsequent sharing of the fund according to percentages previously indicated and further investment, either in your country or any country you advice us to invest in. All other necessary vital information will be send to you when I hear from you soon.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application form.I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer. You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this mail.
Trusting to hear from you immediately

Yours Faithfully,
MRS. MARINA PUTEKA.
MANAGER AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
BANK OF AFRICA
Thread: Artisan Free dvd with Mag
27/10/2011 19:13:47
Hi Julian , I am well and busy with work , Hope you are well too and keeping out of trouble Thanks for the offer of the dvd , I will wait to see if my mag arrives and if it does not I will let you know . Once again thanks for the offer .

Kind regards Sam
Thread: Disc sanding plate
26/10/2011 18:00:15
If you want a good flat disc you could buy a cheap diamond blade ( 30mm ) from toolstation , about £20 or try a local engineering firm too cut you one but it would need to be very well balanced or it woud just shake itself apart .

Kind regards Sam
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Robert Sorby
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Triton
Transwave 2017
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact