By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Julian

Here is a list of all the postings Julian has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: belt sander
22/08/2013 13:01:15

Hi John - I bought a Bosch belt sander a while ago and although I didn't bother with the cradle there is one listed in the accessories for this model. Mine is the cheapest of the Bosch Belt Sanders but works for me just fine. The one that I bought isn't current any more but I am sure it's replacement will have the fittings available. - Julian

Thread: Disposal of Lathe and accesories
11/08/2013 16:39:08

Hi Alan -- You may wish to put some photos and description on the AWGB forum in the for sale section. This may be passed on to some club members as well. Don't forgwet to put your location down so that people know where you are, this sort of equipment is generally pick up only. - Julian

Thread: special gift
06/07/2013 12:10:43

Hi Dennis -- That's really nicely done. I know people I meet say that there isn't a lot to turning a pen but there are Pens and there are Pens and it's not an easy job to get it just right and for it to stand out from the rest. Putting it in the correct box helps a lot too. Well done dennis.

Thread: image uploading
20/05/2013 20:06:11

Hi Dave -- I don't think you can, if there is a way I am sure the moderators will let us know. Julian

Thread: ZYLISS VICE ON EBAY
29/04/2013 19:38:55

Maybe I should sell mine, I only use it once in a blue moon ! £130 is not bad for this. Mine is not boxed and I have lost the manual but it's still complete and I only paid £29 for it.

Thread: Has Get woodorking been hack
29/04/2013 19:35:06

I had exactly the same mail today reputed to be from a member of the AWGB Forum. Needless to say that he was not trapped in the Philippines either.

Thread: Sander problem
26/03/2013 21:00:22

Hi Dave -- Just be very careful bypassing the switch, it's a very dangerous thing to do. Julian

Thread: Arrival..
26/03/2013 20:57:13

Hi Mark -- Welcome to the forum. A new company, a new moderator and a new Editor all

posting on the forum. It's a long time since we had this integration and long may it continue.

Welcome abord Mark. -- Julian

Thread: Latest GWW
19/03/2013 13:31:52

Hi Simon -- Yes you are correct, there was another post about this on Saturday. Don't know if our new moderator will feed back to the company about it.

Thread: New moderator
19/03/2013 13:29:57

Hi Steve -- Welcome to the forum and i hope you don't get too frosty a welcome but I am sure you will get to know us very soon. With the videos I get the following error

Unable to load stream or clip file Error when trying to run video

Best of luck in the new job and with the new company, My Time Media

Thread: Good Woodworking Issue 265
16/03/2013 14:12:30

Dunno -- I haven't had it yet !

Thread: best buy- Rec Power bandsaw - Premium 10" or Standard 12"
16/03/2013 12:46:54

Yes -- Including Wales. I shall be there on friday, already booked the day off work.

Thread: Introduction
05/03/2013 13:30:22

Hi Mark -- Welcome to the forum, we look forward to seeing some of your work and helping if we can with your questions. You say that you are not in the UK, I would be interested to hear what the market position is in Hungary with regards to the purchase of tools etc  --  Julian

Edited By Julian on 05/03/2013 13:32:02

Thread: back issues
05/03/2013 13:27:23

Hi David -- I think that 2007 is as far as it goes, Myhobbystore took over the magazine then but had issues with the copyright so couldn't go back any further. I am sure this was the reason that the moderator at the time gave. You will notice that the magazine has just been taken over again so hoping that we don't get similar issues. I think they are still looking for a moderator -- Julian

Thread: rippled sycamore bowl
20/02/2013 13:06:37

Hi Dennis -- Age is getting to me faster that I had hoped, I don't remember anything about this post but I seem to have commented on it ! Anyway it looks like a good piece of kit you should be very happy with it.

19/02/2013 21:28:53

Hi Dennis -- Very nice platter youv'e done there, the finish is the same as I use it seems pretty durable. I think I must have missed a post or two along the line somewhere, what is the new lathe that you have ?

Thread: SIP Spares
19/02/2013 21:24:54

Hi Simon, -- I think if memory is correct Norm used the fence to stop the insert from lifting out of the table. He slid it over the insert but not so far as it caught the blade as it came through the new wood.

Thread: Video Problems
10/02/2013 14:30:44

Hi -- Yes i get the same, I wonder if it's a copyright thingy. The new owners may not have the authority to post it

Thread: who is dany mod.
05/02/2013 21:07:04

Hmm, I notice from the latest Mag that MyHobbyStore is no more ! It has been bought by

Mytimemedia Ltd. They are also looking for someone to look after the website and be the senior

moderator for the forum. I seem to remember that when myhobbystore took over a few years ago

there were copyright issues with the digital edition which is why they could only go back two years,

I wonder what will happen this time.

Thread: Oak brochure holder
05/02/2013 21:00:24

Is this a paid job or is there free dental work involved I wonder face 13

Nice piece though and a lovely choice of timber

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
Tormek
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact