By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Julian

Here is a list of all the postings Julian has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chrome Top Wave Pen Kit
10/12/2011 13:08:12
Many Thanks for all the replies, I think we have it sussed now as the picture will hopefully show.

I have left it this way round because rotating seems to make them look stubby. The one in the middle is the Chrome Top Pen. The one on top is the Americana 10ct from Axminster and the one on the bottom is just a simple slimline. Dennis, I realy like the micromesh on this stuff I went down to 12,000 grade and finished off with T-Cut. The instruction sheet for the Chrome Top says to push the mechanism in from the top thick end first but I think a better method is to insert it from the bottom and push it up till it touches the clip but a nice kit.
Thanks again Dennis.
Thread: Ron's Drawers
10/12/2011 13:00:21
Hi Ron - I will echo Derek, very nice indeed. Taylor made for the job and nice proportions. Julian
Thread: Gripping Matt
10/12/2011 12:57:55
Hi Paul, Yes, Pound Shops are a good place to start, I used to get mine from the local camping shop but both of these are now gone. Julian
Thread: News Section
30/11/2011 09:54:00
This does look like a good show but a little to far for me, I will wait until the Yandles show in the spring. Pitty
Thread: snowman sweet ornament
30/11/2011 09:52:20
My favourite at the moment is from Wye Valley Brewers although I am not sure if it's the beer that's so good or the adventures of Dorothy Goodbody (you have to be a CAMERA member to appreciate this one)
Thread: Chrome Top Wave Pen Kit
30/11/2011 09:45:20
Dennis -- You are a star, that's just what I was looking for. I have resized it and printed it out for reference. I am trying out turning acrylics for the first time and this was one of my first projects with it so will post a photo when complete. Thanks again Dennis - Julian
28/11/2011 21:29:00
Hi Guy's -- Just got a couple of Chrome Top Wave Pen Kits from
a chap up the club because they looked good, shan't be seeing him now till after christmas to ask. Does anyone know how the heck these things go together ?
Axminster have a download for most of their kits but not this one. Can't find anything on google either. Thanks in advance -- Julian
Thread: New Moderator
28/11/2011 21:24:28
Hi George/ Ron -- Likewise with the latest Goodwood, maybe as this one was at the printers when Danny put the post out he meant the January one.
Thread: Motor Brushes
26/11/2011 12:13:10
Hi Alan -- Pay a visit to the washing machine repair shop, you may have to file down a set to fit and put a different cap on the spring but this is an easy job to do if you have a soldering iron. Don't forget to put the correct curve on the end to fit the commutator
Thread: Cynthia's Bithday
26/11/2011 12:08:44
Hi Bill -- I haven't tried Corian but I know what you mean when using the acrylics for bushings. I have had to make a couple lately and the finish is not that good. - Julian
Thread: Setting a planer???
26/11/2011 12:05:58
Hi Drew, As has been previously said you need to ensure that when the planer is set to zero both the infeed and outfeed table are perfectly aligned. Do this with a straight edge, they also need to be perfectly flat (no warping). If there is a slight difference then you will need to pad out the misaligned unit. Once this has been done make sure that the blades are set level with the outfeed table. When you are planning don't put too much pressure on the infeed table, keep the pressure on the out feed table while pushing the work through from the infeed end. Hope this helps -- Julian
Thread: christmas crackers
22/11/2011 21:42:17
Funny enough there is a picture of similar cracker by George King in the Revolutions newsletter for December page 28. looks like a good project. Julian
Thread: New Moderator
22/11/2011 21:36:15
Hi Danny, welcome to the site. It's good to have a mod on board again and yes there have been many postings requesting sparky's guides being mended as they are rather good. I too would like to know about woodworking live 2012 as it was so good last year I have already made plans to drive the 300 miles or so to visit again (that's a round trip)
Best Regards --- Julian
Thread: Welcome to my Workshop!
16/11/2011 12:06:42
Hi Paul -- For what it's worth

Julian
Thread: Got There At Last
16/11/2011 11:59:15
Not much to add Derek, It does look wonderful
Thread: Frustration!
10/11/2011 13:29:35
Hi Richard this can be quite maddening when it happens although saying that in there defence I ordered a pile of smaller items back in the summer again to make up the value for free postage and it turned out that some were out of stock. They at least had the courtecy to ring me and let me know that the items were out of stock and delay the delivery by a few days till it was all together. Julian
Thread: November Woodworking Mag
10/11/2011 13:25:05
Hi Paul - No problem from here. It seems to me to be a lot faster since the last time I read it. -- Julian
Thread: A very tempting email
27/10/2011 21:23:22
Hi Sam, I had one of these also. As council worker I don't think I could live on that either.
Thread: Birthday boy
27/10/2011 21:18:29
Hope you've had a good day Dennis -- Happy Birthday
Thread: Artisan Free dvd with Mag
24/10/2011 22:56:37
Hi Sam -- How are you buddy ? If you want a copy i will gladly send it to you. It is actually quite informative. Julian
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Triton
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
Chippendale
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact