By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for John Kinch

Here is a list of all the postings John Kinch has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Issue 225
23/02/2010 08:01:39
Mark, just received my copy of 225, took it to read in bed last night, saw the add for the free 8-page show guide pull-out but could not find it. Do I have the only copy without it or have none of them got it in?

John.
Thread: Box Making, Part 1
14/02/2010 09:08:58
Thanks Mark, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, I can wait because I know it will be well worth it.

John
13/02/2010 16:24:43
Mark, now that's cleared up can the slower player be added to the other videos for people like me suffering from a slow isp?

John.
12/02/2010 14:25:02
Sparky,  George is right, the lower resolution video is below the normal one and works a treat. I amusing internet explorer with Sky broadband but as you know my download is slow and restricted by poor street cables.

John kinch.
11/02/2010 11:32:57
Just wached box making video in lower resolution and it worked without the usual stop start. Will I now be able to see all previous videos in low resolution. I realy enjoyed it and look forward to watching all the other videos I couldn't watch due to the stop start problem of slow internet.
     Thanks John Kinch.
Thread: Broadband - How Fast?
30/01/2010 22:47:56
Marc, That would be great if you don't mind doing that, thanks a lot,

John.
30/01/2010 22:27:03
Marc, thanks for that,but it's not there on my computer. I do have various symbols there but not that one.

John.
30/01/2010 21:56:08
Marc, sorry to seem so dumb but where on the screen do I find the connection icon? I have hovered my mouse over every item on the screen but can't find it.

John kinch.
Thread: Newsletters
27/01/2010 13:59:23
Same hear.

John kinch.
Thread: Sparky is the man
12/01/2010 11:00:31
I Also keep a daily eye on the sight and like Malc only answer occasionally. But this time I must agree and not only does Marc answer peoples problems but goes that little bit further and often supplies the history with the answer, great work Mark,

Best regards John Kinch. 
Thread: hollow turning
05/01/2010 18:01:39
Garfield, Great piece of turning for first attempt. Hollow turning is something I would like to try but have not worked up the courage to do yet, ell done.

John kinch.
Thread: Stepping stool
30/12/2009 15:05:54
Big Al  Thanks for the drawing but lack of space means going for a more compact stool, ie one where the lower step folds under the seat as in Julians picture.

Oddjob, yes I agree with your comment and never realised it was a copy of the tv programme. I am pleased to say I have been busy this morning and by using Julians picture and common sense I have drawn my own plans and when it stops raining and gets a little warmer, I shall proceed to the workshop and put my plans into action. Thanks for all your help folks, i'll post a picture on the sight when complete.

John Kinch.
Thread: sharpening
30/12/2009 14:24:15
Hi  Gwilym, have you seen or considered the Work sharp from Rutlands. According to the video you can see the material being ground off by the slits in the rotating grind wheel above the tool being sharpened.

Regards John Kinch.
Thread: Stepping stool
30/12/2009 11:19:46
Big Al,   i like the sound of your steps, a photo would be nice if possible, thanks.

Jonh kinch.

30/12/2009 11:17:05
Thanks Julian,  the best method of copying discs I find has to be Nero. It will do a direct copy on the computer.

John kinch.
29/12/2009 20:09:56
Thanks Roger B but Julians stool is the one I was looking for.

John kinch.
29/12/2009 15:35:42
Hi. Thanks oddjob but not quite what I wanted.

Julian, these look more like it. It would be great if you could find the plans, thanks

John kinch.
28/12/2009 18:53:34
Hi Julian, thanks for that info but it is not the one I had in mind. The one I remember was simpler and not as tall when used as steps. But thanks a lot.

John kinch.
28/12/2009 12:00:23
Hi, all.   I need to make a stepping stool for my workshop. I have seen somewhere a suitable stool being made but cannot remember where. If I remember correctly the stool had two steps that fold down from under the seat. It was shown on a program on tv, maybe Norms workshop or similar. I would like to obtain drawings etc to make one for my workshop to reach the upper storage space without having to keep getting step laders out.

Can anyone help please?

John kinch.
Thread: Hand Saw Setting
21/12/2009 19:36:59
Try Rutlands, page 98 item 2 saw-setter £24.95  Sorry not to put links on computer yet, still learning.
                             John Kinch.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact