By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Delboy

Here is a list of all the postings Delboy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: basato 3 upper wheel tyre
24/01/2018 11:40:55

A pleasure John. Like you I havent been on here for some time. Incidentally, I also have the Basato 3

24/01/2018 10:07:46

Not knocking Hamilton Beverstock at all because as they are fairly local to me, I have had blades from then in the past until I discovered Tuffsaws. Next time you need replacements try them, you wont be disappointed. Also any bandsaw problems, talk to Ian at Tuffsaws. What he doesn't know isn't worth knowing.

Thread: Dropside Cot Fittings
25/02/2015 12:12:07

Joppy when I built a cot for my grandson some years ago, I am sure I got the fittings from Issac Lord. However a quick look suggests they do not have them now. I did google "dropside cot fitting" and a few options came up so a search along those lines may help.

Del

Thread: Bed side tables
19/12/2014 11:20:19

Very nice and look practical.

Al, can I ask how the bottom shelf is held in place. is each corner morticed into both faces of the legs, one face only, or some other method.

Thanks

Del

Thread: Table Saw Blade
24/09/2014 18:11:45

Success. Many thanks.

24/09/2014 09:18:46

Thanks Al. At least I now know which way to try and turn it.

Del

23/09/2014 18:11:01

Sorry about the garbled start, - many thanks should be at the end and ignore the word Do. Now edited.

Edited By Delboy on 23/09/2014 18:14:12

23/09/2014 18:09:26

I have a Scheppach TS2500 table saw and while cutting some oak was generating more smoke than a log burner. Decided it was time to change the blade but having no joy undoing the blade retaining nut. The shaft is held with a steel rod to enable the nut to be removed/tightened but so far all I have managed is to bend the rod and even broken a piece off the end. Does anyone know if it is a left hand thread or convention anti-clockwise direction to remove. I can't remember from when I last did this and the manual doesn't mention it which leaves me thinking it is conventional. I have tried both ways but no joy. I have also tried a "whack" with a hammer but there is to much "spring" intge system for that to work. I would be grateful for any suggestions as until I can change the blade, I am stuck.

Many thanks

Edited By Delboy on 23/09/2014 18:13:10

Thread: wooden chopping board
29/07/2013 12:37:51

I have used Tung Oil in the past which is advertised as being safe. It's expensive though.

Thread: Cut MDF
18/03/2013 10:10:13

In a fairly recent edition of GW, there was an article discussing best ways to treat cut areas of MDF to ensure a smooth finish when painting. I am replacing all the skirting board and architrave in the house with a lambs tongue profile but these are cut MDF boards.

I have tried to find the article by flicking through my back issues but so far have failed. Can anyone help throw any light on this and if you remember, can you let me know the issue number of the magazine pleas.

Many thanks

Delboy

Thread: Cherry cabinet
01/03/2013 11:19:49

I do like that. Great job Martin. The raised panel doors are obviously solid wood - is it all solid or is some veneered boards. If the latter, did you lip/edge with solid wood or veneer?

Thread: Media unit
14/08/2012 23:59:34

Thanks Guys

14/08/2012 18:26:35

Ignorance time Mailee but what exactly is MRMDF as opposed to "MDF"??

Delboy

Thread: Replacement Stair Balustrade
17/07/2012 22:01:40

Thanks Big Al - hadn't thought about a scouring pad. Good idea about the candles Doug - will certainly give that a go.

Cheers Guys

Del

17/07/2012 20:34:24

Having just finished replacing my old "ranch" style stair and landing bannister and rails with hemlock rails and spindles a la Richard Burbidge, I am seeking any advice on final finish for both protection and look. So far the replacements have had two coats of Danish oil. I was originally planning another one or two but the smell lingers and I'm not sure I want any more of it - no complaints from "management" yet but they may come. Anyway, I would be grateful for any advice on what you guys think may be the best finish coat.I did have sanding sealer in mind but am not sure. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks all.

Thread: Christmas Complaint
17/10/2011 19:55:57
Anyone fancy a turkey sandwich? I've got loads left over!!!!!
Thread: Bunk beds
11/10/2011 20:02:24
When I see things like this I am tempted to take up golf and forget my "woodworking". That looks a cracking job Mailee
Thread: Princess Beatrice Royal Wedding Fascinator Chair
20/09/2011 18:25:47
I first came across the Maloof Joint a few years ago and it seems it was originated by him. I have since come across it a few times and it always seems to be referred to as a "Maloof Join"
Thread: competition piece
20/09/2011 17:39:36
Gorgeous clock - it almost looks like marble casing
Thread: Absolute Novice - Working WIth Wood
20/09/2011 17:37:00
Agree with all the previous comments but Simon raises a very good point regarding preparation. As he says, been there, done that, It is all too easy to rush and/or buy poor quality timber from the cheaper outlets because it is cheap.
Good luck
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D B Keighley
Tool Post
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact