By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for tony bevis

Here is a list of all the postings tony bevis has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Tibetian Spaniel
25/04/2011 20:17:51
Thanks guys ,Got to kleen the caravan now ive been told, ready for our holiday.Its never ending .........Tony
24/04/2011 20:27:21
Hi Bill Ok about the dog shows , yes weve done a few for the giude dogs for the blind but most seem to clash with our regular craft market.I say we as my wife is olso a crafter ,mostly dog related...........Tony
21/04/2011 21:43:10
HI Guys not been around for a while ,still working on the new house.Hopefully will get the new workshop /studio soon as ive told the misses we cant sort the garden out till its in place.Im trying to do a few small commissions like this one when i get time.
Thread: 2011 competition entry
15/03/2011 20:58:43
WOW that is a great piece Dennis you are the master of segmented work......Tony
Thread: On the move
17/08/2010 23:17:38
Thanks guys. Move all went well yesterday until about ten minutes before the removal guys finnished when my they brought my bandsaw in.The guys said to me where do you want your bandsaw put and I said just there that will do and as they walked away I like an idiot walked into it  gashing my arm on the corner of the guide  and spent the next hour and a half in hospital .The other half said ill do anything to stop getting on with the work.................Tony
14/08/2010 20:21:30
Thanks everyone...........Tony
13/08/2010 21:22:52
I think some time ago I said we  had the house on the market,well we are on the move on monday,only 14 miles. Ive got heaps of work to do to the house so I cant see me getting the workshop back together for a while so see tyou guys when I can or when her in doors aint looking.I have my small exebition in a couple of weeks for a month so everything has come at once.
Stonehenge is only acouple of miles away from the house so i'll be able to dump my rubble over there they will never notice the difference.......Tony
Thread: Pyrograph of Fordson Tractor
28/07/2010 16:18:04
Thanks Dennis about the painting .The event on sunday went well at the Rural life Centre with a lot of interest in my work and demonstration .my wife and I have been ivited to their christmas event in november which sounds good.
 I sold 8 small items ,never going to make a fortune this year     Tony
23/07/2010 20:07:03
Thanks guys   I started doing pyrography about 8 years ago I think after many years of  playing with most types of art and have loved every minute of it.My idea was to make things to put my art on but as we all know we cant do every thing. I do decorate boxes with pyro and hope to get around to making my own .I still dable with paint now and then by adding  to my pyro...By the way the picture of the jack russell i use  as my avata is one of my paintings  ....Thanks again ........Tony
21/07/2010 20:10:03
Thanks George     At least the move is not to far so we will still be able to run our arts and craft group and stay with our freinds ,only 14 miles.     .....Tony
21/07/2010 15:17:18
Sounds good Marc maybe ill give it a go ,up till last christmas things were good but its a bit slow now.  I will have to slow down now as we will be moveing soon and theres so much work  to do to the new house I cant see me getting a workshop sorted for a while.
Good luck Dennis with the next craft fair hope you can sell a bit more its a great buzz when you have a good day.We like the social side of it and have made a great deal of feinds all over the south of england..............Tony

20/07/2010 20:30:23

Ive been doing a few steam fairs and vehical fairs lately so this is a burn Ive done with this in mind but it is very dificult to get people to part with their money lately.Im demonstrating at the Rural Life Centre near Farnham Surry on sunday ,if anyone is there pease say hello .
The event is called Rustic Sunday and there will plenty of things going on    (www.rurallife.plus.com/rlc/page8.html)                                                         
Thread: Dennis's first Craft Fair
11/07/2010 20:50:27
HI Dennis Im glad you enjoyed demonstrating it helps make the day go by and you meet a lot of people but it would be nice to sell a bit more. Its a bad time for crafters/artist at the moment,no money for these extra goodies. I think wood is out in the craft seen at the moment ,everybody likes  it until they see the price..
Jewelry and small textile bits are the best sellers  .I used to do well but sell practicly nothing at the moment but the wife does well .Was this a club event with lots of.. wood turners......................Tony
Thread: Craft Fayre
15/06/2010 21:23:59
Well done Sam  My wife and I are both crafters/artists and have been braving bad wether and freezing cold temps  and fairs  were nobody turns up  for years but we love it .  Weve made frend all over central southern england with other crafters and also run a arts and craft groupe and a craft market but we will never make a living out of it but it becomes a way of life. Last weekend we were at the wiltshire steam fair all weekend  it was great but I never sold a thing but the wife did fantasic.  Keep it up as long as you done loose out.  Some times you end up with  a load off commissions............Tony
Thread: Two pound bargain
12/05/2010 20:31:24
Thanks for the info on the handles John and yes your right Olly it was good old WD40 and the elbow greese but it was worth it........Tony
28/04/2010 21:15:20
That Restore sounds great stuff Marc and as you say it realy does giv e you great satisfaction to put  these tools back how they should be.

You were lucky Ron to get some tools left to you that you use ,my dad was a fanatical gardener and I hate gardening.By the way Ive still got the same lump hammer  I was given when I started in the building trade 45 years ago its had three new handles and four new heads.
                                 TONY 

Edited By tony bevis on 28/04/2010 21:17:37

27/04/2010 21:06:59

Found this old Stanley No four & half plane in a junk shop in exmoor while on holiday last week.Ive glued the handle back together for now until I get some desent timber to make a new one.It looked as though it had been left in a bucket of water and took some getting apart but it was great to see th original owners initials punched in the side as icleaned it up.
The sole still has a slight bit of pitting but not bad for 2 quid .........Tony
Thread: ta-wit ta-woo
05/04/2010 20:41:25
Thanks Marc about the owl and ok about the farm I could keep the elephants ,lions and other odd animals there for my pictures

Ron  That was lucky the nephew spotted that. We need an offer on ours first ,weve found two places that suit us but ones gone already I think Ill stop looking for a while .......Tony
04/04/2010 19:54:06
 Before we get to veiw a house Ron we check out the garden on on google earth to see if i can get a shed  and the caravan in.I can see it being a long time before we move.............Tony
04/04/2010 16:11:56
Thanks Dennis Did this one a while ago but things have come to a stand still at the momment as we have the house on the market. Not looking forward to moving.........................Tony
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Marriott & Co
Craft Supplies
Robert Sorby
Triton
Wood Workers Workshop
Felder UK April 2016
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Turners Tool Box
D B Keighley
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact