By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Richard Brown

Here is a list of all the postings Richard Brown has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Part Identification
01/11/2011 07:39:56
You may find them in B & Q called Dowel Pins. Screw end both sides. Make sure you get them exactly centered and driss a pilot hole,

Richard
Thread: Sheet material cutting aid
09/10/2011 09:22:19
Hi Paul

Axminster used to sell them as a 'Sawing Clamp' ref 80501 (2006 catalogue). Not found in a search today. If you are desparate you could try ringing them tomorrow just in case they have one laying around that is not on their system 0800 371822.
Thread: Safety
15/10/2010 12:06:27
I have just watched the latest part of the Ron Fox router jig making series.
It does surprise me that there has been no effort at all to show that the router was removed from the power supply, if it was, when the cutter was changed and also surely some form of extraction/mask should be used when working with MDF.
From an emphysema sufferer.
Richard Brown
Thread: large alphabet
28/05/2010 07:16:53
Dennis

What you need is an 'Outline' font, one that only prints the outside edges of each letter.  There are many, though a lot are a bit 'weird' in shape etc.
Search 'google' for 'outline fonts' and download any you fancy.
Most are free.

Richard
27/05/2010 11:30:44
Dennis

If you are printing the 26 letters at 200mm (about 8" high in old money), make sure you find a suitable font (Character set) that is 'hollow' when printing. Unless you have shares in a computer printer ink company.

Good luck

Richard Brown
Thread: Clasified /wanted ?
08/03/2009 08:06:37
An excellent 2nd hand book shop on the internet is www.abebooks.co.uk.  Give it a try.
Thread: New Site Platform Now Live
29/01/2009 11:18:43
Ben

As a daily reader of the forum I liked the idea that the headers changed colours when you viewed them.

But it appears to me that this is a total waste of time if they do not revert back to their original colour when you leave the site, or change colour when a new entry is made on that topic.

Richard
15/01/2009 08:17:16
I like the idea that the titles change colour after you view the item BUT they should revert to the original colour after you leave the site.
At the moment they are still the new colour the next day.
Thank you
Thread: Woodworker latest issue
20/11/2008 22:55:00

I agree with the comments about the brushes 'not being much use' and 'there to tempt you to buy' but only recently, on this forum, someone was asking for useful freebies such as 'screw size guides'

One rule for one.

I need to be tempted to renew my subscription when it becomes due.  The value/use of the freebie to any individual is immaterial.

20/11/2008 21:45:00

On checking at W H Smith's today I saw that the latest issue of GW had some foam brushes included as a free gift.

Why did subscribers miss out on the freebies, or was I the only one?

Richard

20/11/2008 22:55:00

I agree with the comments about the brushes 'not being much use' and 'there to tempt you to buy' but only recently, on this forum, someone was asking for useful freebies such as 'screw size guides'

One rule for one.

I need to be tempted to renew my subscription when it becomes due.  The value/use of the freebie to any individual is immaterial.

20/11/2008 21:45:00

On checking at W H Smith's today I saw that the latest issue of GW had some foam brushes included as a free gift.

Why did subscribers miss out on the freebies, or was I the only one?

Richard

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Triton
Transwave 2017
Felder UK April 2016
Wood Workers Workshop
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Tormek
D B Keighley
Tool Post
Turners Tool Box
D&M Tools
Chippendale
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact