By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for steve h

Here is a list of all the postings steve h has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Christmas Card Holders
24/12/2012 08:18:04

I am fairly sure I so an article recently on Christmas card holder designs and cannot find it anywhere -

The metal one's we have have come to their end of their uselessness (they were never any good) and thought it would be a good idea to make some for next year (and score a few brownie points) -

Has anyone any goods plans or can you point me in the direction of a project?

Thanks

Steve

Edited By steve h on 24/12/2012 08:18:52

Thread: Large Doll Cot
24/12/2012 07:36:46

Apologies Bill -

I never view my work like that - its just cheap pine and was made in a bit of a hurry - its hardly an 'heirloom'!

Thanks Anyway Bill - have a good Christmas -

Steve

Thread: We wish you a Merry Christmas!
21/12/2012 15:44:19

Merry Christmas everyone and best wishes for the New Year - may the wood be dry & let the irons be sharp and lets have some fun!!smile p

Steve

20/12/2012 07:11:15

Dave - never got any plans and did not want to push the gent that offered -

Bill - your northern humour is always welcome -

Steve

Thread: Table top planer/thicknesser
19/12/2012 13:20:38

Hello Brian,

I purchased the SIP P/T (looks like all the other brands - just a different paint job!) and have generally been pleased with it - however I now wish I would have saved up my pennies and gone for a triple blade cast iron bed machine -

Bill - I dont post much at all these days - but did notice your absence - I always appreciated your advice in the past and nice to see you back again - Can't believe you run your workshop on a generator!

Steve

19/12/2012 10:24:37

Made a large cot for a doll for my daughter for Christmas - just in the nick of time. Not a patch on the very lovely one made by Ian - but it serves a purpose!!

img-20121218-00297.jpg

I also made a really lovely walnut bowl for another relative - but my wife had wrapped & shipped it before I could even take a picture!

The chances of me getting on again before the big day is very unlikely - so may I take the opportunity to wish everyone best wishes, good health and prosperity for the forthcoming New Year.

Steve

Thread: Spinning stool
20/11/2012 07:41:48

It also looks like a Welsh spinning stool as well Ron - going off the design that is -

Not that I am an expert - but is that a dragon near the base? - as the splat looks like a welsh love spoon?

Very nice job by the way -

Steve

Thread: Ash die back
08/11/2012 07:45:17

It sounds like something you are very knowledgeable about Richard??

Been sharpening your knife recently?wink

Steve

Thread: north of england woodworking show
08/11/2012 07:39:22

That would be great Dennis -

See you there.

Steve

07/11/2012 16:19:01

I will be there on Sunday Dennis - I am also hoping that a few of the lads from my club will be there as well -

WILL GETWOODWORKING be having a prescence at this years Great Northern Show?-

'that's ow lads up north do it'!!

Steve

06/11/2012 14:50:39

Hi Dennis -

I will be there - hopefully - still owe you for that little favour you did me - a liitle something for your club's coffers!!

Steve

Thread: First staircase comission, not to be the last....
06/11/2012 14:48:54

Lovely work James!

Steve

Thread: shire horse
06/11/2012 14:21:04

A 'fantastic' from me as well Robert -

Steve

Thread: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?
06/11/2012 14:14:30

What are your thoughts Ron?

Thanks

Steve

Thread: Chaise Longue
26/10/2012 07:27:52

Very sorry to hear about your accident Tony -

Tiredness is always an issue - I should know, as a hobby woodworker I often do not get in the shed until after 7:30 and often work through till after 11:30 - and getting up at 06:15 everyday takes it toll at some point.

I am having a few days off next week with the family so may not get all my messages straight away - but please do not rush on my account -

The fact that I will be starting before Christmas is a major 'brownie point', again, PLEASE do not feel compelled to do it straight away, recouperate first!

Thank you again,

Steve

26/10/2012 07:19:51

Sorry Paul - did not know what the salvager was until last night!!

Thread: DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?
24/10/2012 14:05:15

Don't think the Belgians were ever into that one Richard - just their neighbours!

smiley

Shame the pictures are not a bit better - but it looks to me like the blocks are cut at a 45 degree angle - which confused me even more (not difficult embarrassed)

Steve

23/10/2012 09:49:09

Hello all,

We have some friends in Belgium who knew a carpenter that passed away some time ago and this is one of the items that was left in his workshop - and nobody knows what it is - I certainly have no idea -

Can anyone shed any light on this?

. It is about 6’ tall and either a vice type thing or a press or nutcracker for giant nuts! Bottom bit opens to catch something? (their description)

img_4414.jpg

img_4419.jpg

Edited By steve h on 23/10/2012 10:01:25

Thread: Chaise Longue
19/10/2012 07:21:20

Thanks Dave for your suggestion -

Tony, that would be extremely kind of you, if you could send me a personal message I will email you back with my address -

I will then post my progress on here so everyone can see me trials and tribulations!

Thanks

Steve

18/10/2012 07:30:58

Hello Tony -

Have you any pictures of the frames made up prior to being upholstered?

Sizes, like length and width I can get off the internet by looking at new ones, its the structural frame I want to see - how they get the curve shaped back and the wooden structure to support that.

I saw three old re-upholstered chaise's at the weekend by pure coincidence and they wanted 1K each for them -

The base frame looks relatively easy and the choice of having a turned or more modern shaped leg and or having the side support part wood part upholstered?

I also presume Tony that when ones that have wood coming/showing on the sides of the back rest, these are mainly design niceties as oppose to being structural?

Any pictures you have at all would really help????

Thanks

Steve

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact