By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for steve h

Here is a list of all the postings steve h has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Digital Subscriptions - Downloads
24/12/2013 09:53:27

Sorry to go on, but I have also noticed that the files, or magazines that I have transferred to the sd card are not readable without the pocket mags software, not good when we have paid for them, so they should be be provided in a readable format and also, the entire library now wants to re-build itself, meaning that will duplicate the entire library using up even more space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

24/12/2013 08:52:36

Hi all,

I have both the Woodworker and Get Woodworking on digital subscriptions and run an android tablet -

I have noticed that the magazines are placed in a data folder in the main memory and if you transfer these out to an SD card (as the files are large), it no longer sees the path and when you open your downloaded library they are no longer accessible -

Has anyone got a workaround for this, as if I keep downloading these to my tablet, the main operating drive for apps will soon get full due to the magazine downloads - which is not much use and the whole point of having large SD cards is so you do not take all your internal memory.

Running: Sony Xperia Tablet Z - OS Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Thanks

Steve

Edited By steve h on 24/12/2013 09:10:12

Thread: We wish you all a Merry Christmas
24/12/2013 07:57:45

I like observing the input of others Julianlaugh

I wish you all a very merry Christmascocktailbeer and a very merry New Year (Hic!)

Steve

Thread: Falling on my sword
06/11/2013 16:53:29

Well - It nearly worked -

Got in the garage and 15 minutes later I was called back in the house to sort something out - and that was it!!

Don't think I stand any chance at all tonight

Steve

05/11/2013 16:34:24

At the beginning of the year I made a comment to "make and effort to post more this year" -

Some 10 months on and I think I have managed about one per month (as an average that is!)

I frequently look to see what you are all up to, but regrettably, I have hardly done a damn thing this year - even my lathe has not turned a thing for well over 6 months -

Where has this last year gone and why have I not done any woodworking - the truth is a culmination of many things have stopped me from enjoying my hobby - I am determined however, before the new year to reverse this and get sniffing some wood dust again.

Steve

Edited By steve h on 05/11/2013 16:35:55

Thread: My three latest pieces of art
14/05/2013 16:08:29

Fantastic work Eric -

You have taken it to another level -

I do prefer the natural piece though - but inspiring none the less!

Steve

Thread: Even more Oak!
14/05/2013 14:48:18

I always enjoy the pictorial jouney you take us Mailee - very informative and also lovely work - as usual!!!!!!

Steve

Thread: Table and chairs
14/05/2013 14:34:38

Al, I do not post very often - but well worth logging on and adding to the praise!!

Very well done indeed - love the chairs especially!

Steve

Thread: Arrival..
25/03/2013 22:15:07

I must have missed this post, even more in awe!

A new moderator and an editor making posts, sounds like the site that was many moons ago

Even more interesting and welcome also Mark, as per Richard, I have already been introduced via the bible (the woodworker)

Steve

25/03/2013 22:15:04

I must have missed this post, even more in awe!

A new moderator and an editor making posts, sounds like the site that was many moons ago

Even more interesting and welcome also Mark, as per Richard, I have already been introduced via the bible (the woodworker)

Steve

Thread: New moderator
25/03/2013 22:07:16

Sounds like things are getting interesting!

An interactive moderator with woodworking experience!

Welcome Steve, I suddenly feel like posting again, although I never stop reading what all these guys (sorry and ladies) are up to.

Looking forward to a fresh perspective!

Steve

Thread: Turning Chess Pieces
25/03/2013 21:59:39

Great link, watched with amazement.

Steve

Thread: Bandsaws Again!
25/03/2013 21:57:17

Good evening all,

I am looking at upgrading my bandsaw and have a budget of about £900, dependent on how much I get for my old SIP 12" saw (if anyone is interested) any how, I quite like the look and reviews of the Record BS 400, but that really is the top of my budget.

My main reasons for upgrading is greater depth of cut, or cutting height, anyone got one of these?

thanks, Steve

Thread: Quenching the fire
13/01/2013 22:57:47

Very good indeed Derek,

you have a lot of patience and skill!

Steve

Thread: Don't sneeze when turning
13/01/2013 22:54:54

I agree with Steve, that's a big lump to come off the lathe Les!

Steve

Thread: This is a vase that i have just finished turning
13/01/2013 22:51:47

Very nice indeed Les,

I think you were pulling my leg a little earlier! (walnut bowl posting)

Steve

Thread: Walnut Bowl
11/01/2013 22:48:07

Thanks Dennis, Derek & Les,

we have two levels of turners in the club, A class and B class and I fall into the latter.

i did get third place but thought it would have done better - never mind! crying

there were no comments about the dimple or small foot either!

lets try again next month - a vase, never done one of those yet!

This is only my second year of turning, and after only just over twelve months with the club I am now treasurer and also made their website for them.

I will just have to try a little harder next time!

Steve

10/01/2013 10:07:33

Hello all,

This is my latest attempt at turning and is my submission for this weeks competition at my local club -

Your feedback is welcome - I already know about the slight dimple towards the centre - which I did not notice until I looked at the picture!

img-20130109-00358.jpg

img-20130109-00357.jpg

img-20130109-00356.jpg

Thread: Jardinaire
09/01/2013 11:03:30

This is all I could find Richard - not sure if it is of any help to you?

**LINK**

Steve

Thread: Happy New Year
02/01/2013 22:49:11

Better late than never - best wishes to all and I have made my new years resolution to post a little more frequently Richard!

Steve

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker & Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker & Good Woodworking 

Support Our Partners
Robert Sorby
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Transwave 2017
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Marriott & Co
Wood Workers Workshop
Craft Supplies
D B Keighley
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
Tormek
D&M Tools
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact