By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Woodworker

Here is a list of all the postings Woodworker has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Safety
15/10/2010 12:47:01
Hi Richard, there is a note on the video page explaining the safety situation. Unfortunately it isn't possible to show every step of the process during filming. However, we do recommend that everyone read the equipment instructions supplied with they're woodworking equipment, take the necessary precautions and, of course, apply a healthy dose of common sense – which is crucial in most aspects of woodworking.
Thread: Coffee Table - Big Mistake!
09/07/2010 11:28:29
Hi Steve, and welcome back!

I'd just like to second what Mike has already said. You must have done most of the hard work when building the under-frame which, if I've got the right end of the stick, is still fine. The last thing you want to do is have to look at those errors when trying to relax in the evening! A new top sounds like the best idea for sure. 

Cheers,
Ben 

Thread: Stayer dust extraction bags
25/05/2010 14:07:20
Hi Baz / Dennis. Thanks to you both for the info!
24/05/2010 12:53:02
Hi all, we've had a reader question via The Woodworker magazine regarding where to buy dust bags for a Stayer ASS35 extraction unit. Can anyone suggest a reliable source?

Thanks,
Ben 
Thread: Album pop-up
09/05/2010 17:35:40
Hi all,

Believe it or not I have logged your concerns regarding the pop-up message. Our marketing person who deals with these issues has been on holiday this last week. She should be back in the office tomorrow so I would expect some kind of solution soon. 
05/05/2010 10:59:32
Hi all, your complaint is noted and I'll relay it to the powers that be...
Thread: i'm back
27/04/2010 14:49:36
Hi Ian, great to see you back. Hope everything goes well over the coming weeks...
Thread: New Video Series...
26/04/2010 14:14:22
Today we're launching a new video series on timber preparation with Ralph Laughton. The first two instalments, totalling over 20 minutes, in this four part series are live from today and showing in both high and low resolution versions – both free to magazine subscribers.

Click here for Part 1: Join Ralph as he talks through what to look out for when buying and selecting timber for use in furniture grade projects.

Click here for Part 2: Learn how to create face sides and edges using a combination of basic handtools – fundamental to the process of squaring up wood.

Look out for parts 3 and 4 on www.getwoodworking.com/tv soon!

Other updates 
You may have noticed we have a new video icon – see thumbnail above. It's a little less garish than the previous version but should be visible enough to let you know which articles on the website contain video.

Missing episode 
Some of you will have noticed that episode 9 of Peter Dunsmore's box making series never actually made it onto the site! That is, until today. Initially it looked like an episode numbering typo but it turns out that there was an episode 9 – explaining how to make a sanding board – in existence all the time! Apologies for the mix up. You can view the elusive episode 9 by clicking here or by visiting www.getwoodworking.com/tv and scrolling down the page.

Edited By Ben Plewes on 26/04/2010 14:14:48

Thread: Using a Wooden Smoothing Plane
22/04/2010 13:14:05
Hi Baz, that looks like a cracking job. Can't wait to see the build pics!
Thread: Find the Easter Egg!
29/03/2010 15:47:07
Just search the site for the logo on this page and you're in with a chance of winning some great prizes!!!

Edited By Ben Plewes on 29/03/2010 15:47:24

Thread: Box Making, Part 1
16/02/2010 17:15:55
Part 2 just added complete with low res player for slower internet connections.

I'll add low res players to all new episodes from now on. 

Enjoy... 
Thread: dumbing down?
11/02/2010 20:31:46
Ok chaps, I'm now locking this thread. I've not seen a heated debate like this on GW for quite some time! Testament, I hope, to the friendly atmosphere we've managed to create here.

The last few posts have been very constructive and I totally agree that it's time to shake hands and start a fresh with a new thread. Codeye, I hope you'll stay around and add to the forum and gallery area. Please don't take this initial response to your first post as a reason not to stick around...

Cheers,
Ben 
Thread: Follow on from Alan Holtham's shed door cock up!
10/02/2010 14:01:42
We all do it Ged! I still have scars on the bottom of my no. 5 1/2 from a similar experience. I give myself a hard time whenever I see them but I won't lap them out because they serve as a reminder to slow down and consider each job before plunging in...

Edited By Ben Plewes on 10/02/2010 14:02:20

Thread: overseas subscribers
08/02/2010 19:04:50
Edward, please email any problems to support@getwoodworking.com
Thread: Bad News
05/02/2010 20:37:32
Hi Ian, really sorry to hear your news. What ever you do, don't give up. Keep woodworking because where there's a will there's a way. Not sure how we can help but don't hesitate to ask if you think we can in any way. Moral support perhaps? You'll always have that here.

I really do hope things work out well for you, both in the short and long term.

Keep posting...

Thread: Newsletters
29/01/2010 21:26:22
Hi Ian, PM me your email address please...
28/01/2010 13:46:44
It looks like the vast majority of people are now receiving the newsletter, which is great. However if anyone hasn't received the latest newsletter can you private message me your email address please?
Thread: Practical Woodworking
27/01/2010 10:37:23
I'm pleased to welcome Practical Woodworking back to GetWoodworking.com.

From now on, details of each issue will be uploaded to the news section of the homepage. You'll also find a picture of the latest issue on the left column of any page of the website. Just like The Woodworker and Good Woodworking, If you click the cover image you'll be taken to a page with a summary of contents for that issue.

Click here for the Feb/March issue of Practical Woodworking. 

Thread: Newsletters
27/01/2010 09:45:44
Hi all, just a quick line to let you know that the newsletter was sent this morning.
26/01/2010 16:12:44
The newsletter hasn't been sent yet George. I'll post here again when it's gone.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of The Woodworker incorporating Good Woodworking? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find The Woodworker inc Good Woodworking 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Peter Sefton IMPROVE FAST LONG
Wood Workers Workshop
Triton
Felder UK April 2016
Transwave 2017
Turners Tool Box
Chippendale
D B Keighley
D&M Tools
Tool Post
Tormek
Subscription Offers

Subscribe to<br />    The Woodworker Magazine and receive a FREE gift

Contact Us

We're always happy to hear from you, so feel free to get in touch!

Click here to find who to contact